Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2008, 12:55   #1
BHPian

ICE upgrade for Honda Civic

My friend has bought a civic recenly and wanted to upgrade the ICE. After going thrugh the different threads in this forum together (none of us are audiophiles, but were able to appreciate the info available and the vast knowledge of fellow T-BHPians), we have arrived at the following upgrade configuration:

1. HU -stock
2. Front - JBL GT5-650c components
3. Rear - JBL GT5-652 co-axials
4. JBL GT5-12 sub-woofer
5. JBL GT5-A604 amp (2 channels drive the front components, and the other two together will drive the sub)

Now, the inputs needed from the gurus:

1. Is the configuration ok or did we miss out something (see, we are not audiophiles )?
2. What would be the approximate cost?
3. Where can we get JBL in Chennai?
4. Any other advise you may like to provide on this upgrade?
Old 21st January 2008, 15:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenbag63 View Post
My friend has bought a civic recenly and wanted to upgrade the ICE. After going thrugh the different threads in this forum together (none of us are audiophiles, but were able to appreciate the info available and the vast knowledge of fellow T-BHPians), we have arrived at the following upgrade configuration:

1. HU -stock
2. Front - JBL GT5-650c components
3. Rear - JBL GT5-652 co-axials
4. JBL GT5-12 sub-woofer
5. JBL GT5-A604 amp (2 channels drive the front components, and the other two together will drive the sub)

Now, the inputs needed from the gurus:

1. Is the configuration ok or did we miss out something (see, we are not audiophiles )?
2. What would be the approximate cost?
3. Where can we get JBL in Chennai?
4. Any other advise you may like to provide on this upgrade?
This is pretty similar to my configuration, only difference is that I have a different series components at front and the rear is untouched. You can see the thread with photos that I have uploaded. My cost came to approx 28K.

If you have a little more budget, you can let the 4 channel amp power the front and rear and get a monoblock for the sub. This should set you back another 15K approx. But will be worth it. That is my next upgrade.

Its very important that you find a professional installer who will take care of your car. Not aware of anyone in Chennai.
Old 24th January 2008, 15:43   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
This is pretty similar to my configuration, only difference is that I have a different series components at front and the rear is untouched. You can see the thread with photos that I have uploaded. My cost came to approx 28K.
Thanks @dinu2506. I saw your upgrade thread - awesome components and good narration & photos. I've found a guy who does good installs over here. But the GT5 amp and the sub-woofer is not available in Chennai (AFAIK). GTO series is expensive. So either we've to change the brand or I need to get it from elsewhere.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks