Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2008, 11:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
After the install I felt like I was the king of the world! I took the car to Shantipath/Chanakyapuri and drove around blasting Robert Miles at ear-splitting levels...never enjoyed my music more, and I think I've gone a long way since then

This happens with every one. So there is a a little of SPL in everyone.
Old 24th January 2008, 19:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
So there is a little of SPL in everyone.
Hahaha, well as I've grown older, my listening preferences have become more mature . I've learnt to value tonal balance, emotion and realism (timbre, imaging, soundstaging) over outright loudness.
Old 25th January 2008, 00:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hahaha, well as I've grown older, my listening preferences have become more mature . I've learnt to value tonal balance, emotion and realism (timbre, imaging, soundstaging) over outright loudness.
Very true. Something which comes with age.
Old 25th January 2008, 01:13   #19
BHPian

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I have a query. I too installed ICE for my Wagon-R before joining the T-bhp. The installer suggested me Ultimate 240 watt speakers (3800 bucks) at the back and pioneer at the front with Pioneer headset.

I am well satisfied with my setup and the quality of sound from the Ultimate speakers. Now I search on the t-bhp and found nothing about Ulitmate brand. Would like to know about these speakers, how they rank among the speakers.
Old 25th January 2008, 09:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Very true. Something which comes with age.
Its more to do with preference than age .
Old 25th January 2008, 09:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I have a query. I too installed ICE for my Wagon-R before joining the T-bhp. The installer suggested me Ultimate 240 watt speakers (3800 bucks) at the back and pioneer at the front with Pioneer headset.

I am well satisfied with my setup and the quality of sound from the Ultimate speakers. Now I search on the t-bhp and found nothing about Ulitmate brand. Would like to know about these speakers, how they rank among the speakers.
what is the point of ranking your speakers.do you like the sound?
among all the speakers you have heard do are you satisfied?

thats all that matters.

ranking your speakers serves no other purpose than just having an egoistical battle that "my ice is better than yours" just coz experts think my components are better.and it has better reviews.

lol.man those so called experts will have a different choice in sound than you.

music is a very personal issue.no one can advise you.no one.only you can decide.if you're happy with your setup don't worry about its review.simple.

people spend lakhs on stupid gimmicks and systems they can't even listen for 10 mins.whats the use of it?

i've been there done that.thats why its my advice to you.be happy with your sound.

if you have heard an equipment worth lakhs and "LIKE" it,then go ahead buy it.but don't buy it just for the sake that someone else says that its the best.simple.
nothing is best here.your listening preferences are.

sorry for a long post but i have been really annoyed by seeing some people trying to impose their preferences on others.or making them dissapointed in their ice by comparing it to others.
Old 25th January 2008, 11:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Forgot to add something more in my last post. The above things are very very different for every person. I don't about anyone but I am not satisfied till now with my ICE. I don't think the day will come when I will get satisfied with its sounding even If I have tried all the different brands of speakers, amps, subs. but this is still me unsatisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Its more to do with preference than age .
I said "Something which comes with age" and I think preference comes with age for a young one loudness and noise is the way. This is MY opinion yours might differ.
Old 25th January 2008, 15:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
what is the point of ranking your speakers.do you like the sound? ...
i've been there done that.thats why its my advice to you.be happy with your sound.
sorry for a long post but i have been really annoyed by seeing some people trying to impose their preferences on others.or making them dissapointed in their ice by comparing it to others.
Annoyance apart, @navpreet, your points are really good! Keep up the good work.

Last edited by DerAlte : 25th January 2008 at 15:19.
Old 25th January 2008, 15:27   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Forgot to add something more in my last post. The above things are very very different for every person. I don't about anyone but I am not satisfied till now with my ICE. I don't think the day will come when I will get satisfied with its sounding even If I have tried all the different brands of speakers, amps, subs. but this is still me unsatisfied.

thats LBM for you,!!!

respect bro,
Old 25th January 2008, 16:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
what is the point of ranking your speakers.do you like the sound? among all the speakers you have heard do are you satisfied?

thats all that matters.

ranking your speakers serves no other purpose than just having an egoistical battle that "my ice is better than yours" just coz experts think my components are better.and it has better reviews.

music is a very personal issue.no one can advise you.no one.only you can decide.if you're happy with your setup don't worry about its review.simple.

....be happy with your sound.

....nothing is best here.your listening preferences are.
the purpose of buying hi-fi/ ICE equipment is TO ENJOY THE MUSIC, not constantly keep thinking about what equipment sounds better (even though a little bit about that may be part of human nature ).

In my VERY humble opinion:

1. It would help all of us who are so interested in ICE or have invested in it to spend MORE time thinking about what new music we can enjoy henceforth and 'widen our musical horizons"...

2. It is useful to think about exactly what INCREMENTAL sonic benefits you are going to get with each planned upgrade.
(a) There is a very real point of diminishing returns - this is dictated by economic principles governing the relationship between marginal effort & utility, the accoustic constraints of one's vehicle, one's own ability to differentiate between equipment and the nature/recording quality of one's favourite music
(b) You may actually realize that you either dont really care all that much for the extra improvement in sound while sitting in a moving vehicle or can't really tell the difference in your car while listening to your music...that perfectly OK

Note: some here may believe I'm being hypocritcal saying this, given what I've spent on my ICE...well, PM me - I'll be happy to discuss it.
Old 25th January 2008, 16:50   #26
BHPian

Quote:
the purpose of buying hi-fi/ ICE equipment is TO ENJOY THE MUSIC, not constantly keep thinking about what equipment sounds better (even though a little bit about that may be part of human nature ).

In my VERY humble opinion:

1. It would help all of us who are so interested in ICE or have invested in it to spend MORE time thinking about what new music we can enjoy henceforth and 'widen our musical horizons"...

2. It is useful to think about exactly what INCREMENTAL sonic benefits you are going to get with each planned upgrade.
(a) There is a very real point of diminishing returns - this is dictated by economic principles governing the relationship between marginal effort & utility, the accoustic constraints of one's vehicle, one's own ability to differentiate between equipment and the nature/recording quality of one's favourite music
(b) You may actually realize that you either dont really care all that much for the extra improvement in sound while sitting in a moving vehicle or can't really tell the difference in your car while listening to your music...that perfectly OK

Note: some here may believe I'm being hypocritcal saying this, given what I've spent on my ICE...well, PM me - I'll be happy to discuss it.
Baat mein dum hai bhai. :-)

cheers
Old 25th January 2008, 18:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

well its really good to know that some of you do agree to the points i stated above.

this is an ice discussion forum.we should not make fun or look down upon a person using sony equipment just because we have heard hertz,infinity etc.
hell i haven't even heard 25% of all the super equipment thats being discussed here.

and regarding you flying bong.just as i said to each his own ear.you have an ear for music.and i know for sure its a super trained ear.so the equipment you have justifies your needs.
your equipment should justify your hearing needs.thats it.

you're in no way hypocritical.

cheers!!
Old 25th January 2008, 18:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

and damn flying bong i always thought that there's a great thinking mind behind that serious and very polite looking face.and you've proved me right.lol.

that post is serious OHT(Over Head Transmission) for me.

oh yes by the way.congrats for the mille.i bet you're really enjoying them.

will definitely have an audition of your car one day soon.
Old 26th January 2008, 09:30   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a very real point of diminishing returns - this is dictated by economic principles governing the relationship between marginal effort & utility,
FB, on upgrades...It has to be other way round.. law of diminishing returns would not apply here. It's always a quest for more (read better) and the derived utility & marginal effort always has a resultant of >1. (atleast in LBM's case )
Old 26th January 2008, 09:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
FB, on upgrades...It has to be other way round.. law of diminishing returns would not apply here. It's always a quest for more (read better) and the derived utility & marginal effort always has a resultant of >1. (atleast in LBM's case )
Oye, weren't you complaining about LBM & physics? Now you are getting into micro-economics and mathematics!

Bhaiyon, nominate @panky for Finance Minister! He'll do a better job. (@panky-bhai, doston ko bhool na jana, ICE par se Customs Duty hatwa dena)

Last edited by DerAlte : 26th January 2008 at 10:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks