Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2008, 19:21   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
^^^

Will be a definite improvement over the stock head unit.
Yes, hoping for that Ajay. Will update you by end of this week. Current plan is to get it done by Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Hi Dinu,

Nice setup, the fitting is high quality especialy the vents in the rear tray for the subwoofer and the enclosures for the subwoofer.

I want to know how much you spent in total for the fitting? please provide breakup.

Are all your products with bill and warranty?
Thanks, the workmanship is really good.

Cost, well, beyond a point I stopped adding. Its definitely between 50 and 60K.

No, none with B&W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
A nice understated install from Anwar. Well done, you must be happy.
I sure am, Sam. Anwar's ensured that. Now, I have lot of hopes on the new HU coming in. I will update all once its done.
Old 12th May 2008, 22:36   #47

dude ur system rocks....

can u tell me wher is auto fusion located.....its in bangalore right......can u send me his cell no plz... plz dude waiting for ur reply
Old 13th May 2008, 09:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by te_jus View Post
can u tell me wher is auto fusion located.....its in bangalore right......can u send me his cell no plz... plz dude waiting for ur reply
I have sent you a PM with the details
Old 13th May 2008, 10:52   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by te_jus View Post

The workshop is very close to Kormangala club, it is situated in a narrow cross road. You can just ask anyone when you reach there.
Old 16th May 2008, 11:43   #50
Senior - BHPian

Ok, here goes. I have finally and "hopefully" done with my final upgrade. Changed the stock Civic HU to a JVC Double Din KW-AVX800 touch screen DVD. This has resulted in a stupendous increase in SQ, much more than what I expected. Its got all sorts of tonal controls including time alignment, speaker size selection, 5V preouts (3 sets), everything that you need. This is now really exploiting the full potential of my remaining setup. Here are some photos, sorry about the quality as these were taken on my phone. I have shown the stock HU removed, the JVC unit mounted (on the new face double din face plate), a shot of how the time alignment screen looks and also how the dash now looks overall.

The USB also plays well, but I could not get my portable hard disk to work, need to research more.

The bonus - it plays movies very well.
Attached Thumbnails
Dinu's Honda Civic - ICE upgrade-stock-panel1.jpg  

Dinu's Honda Civic - ICE upgrade-new-panel1.jpg  

Dinu's Honda Civic - ICE upgrade-time-alignment.jpg  

Dinu's Honda Civic - ICE upgrade-exad.jpg  

Dinu's Honda Civic - ICE upgrade-side-view.jpg  

Old 16th May 2008, 13:33   #51
BANNED

how much was the headunit in bombay they are selling it for 24000 im thinking of getting a avx44 series single din from usa. lets say if i get avx 800 from usa will it play all dvds here i am kind of scared
Old 18th May 2008, 01:24   #52
BHPian

Hi Denu,

Congrats in the upgrade. Trotting back a few pages you have mentioned "the fiberglass moulding with mesh for the rear parcel tray". Seems like it is in the middle of rear speakers, was this done for sound from the subs in the trunk to travel inside the cabin.
Old 18th May 2008, 17:23   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzv View Post
Hi Denu,

Congrats in the upgrade. Trotting back a few pages you have mentioned "the fiberglass moulding with mesh for the rear parcel tray". Seems like it is in the middle of rear speakers, was this done for sound from the subs in the trunk to travel inside the cabin.
Yes, that is right. The sound would have travlled otherwise as well, but thought of providing a easier path.
Old 18th May 2008, 17:52   #54
Senior - BHPian

Nice install's dinu bro,looks very neat and clean,i want to ask you one question,a few of my friend also own the same HU,but the "EXAD" comes over the screen after like 15seconds,is there any way to switch that thing off?? cheers

Ramie
Old 18th May 2008, 18:31   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Nice install's dinu bro,looks very neat and clean,i want to ask you one question,a few of my friend also own the same HU,but the "EXAD" comes over the screen after like 15seconds,is there any way to switch that thing off?? cheers

Ramie
Definitely, under setup, there is a setting called demonstration. Select "off" and the EXAD will not come up. It acts as a kind of screensaver.
Old 10th June 2008, 20:08   #56
Senior - BHPian

Just connected my old external hard disk (40GB) to the USB port and now I have my entire song collection in the car. Its great. I had to reformat the drive to FAT32, else it was not recognising it.

Now have the option of playing the audio CDs, all the Mp3 in the hard disk and see a slideshow of JPEG photos on the SD card.

Its a month since I installed this unit and I should say its really good and compliments all my other upgrades.

Might go in for a JVC Bluetooth adapter shortly and possibly a rear view camera. Any suggestions?
Old 10th June 2008, 23:08   #57
Senior - BHPian

With the setup that you have now, you wouldn't need a rear view camera now, would you? Any excuse to be in the car would do, like driving around the block instead of reversing.

Enjoy!
Old 7th July 2008, 14:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

I added a JVC Steering wheel remote today to the setup. I should say, this is definitely a handy device and quite sensitive as well. Its got all the basic adjustments like volume control, source select, folder and directory controls, radio tuning and power on/off, everything you need for day to day operations. I can stay away to a large extent from using the touch screen which, though very handy, leaves fingerprints on the screen

Couple of photos, not good clarity as it was taken on my phone
Attached Thumbnails
Dinu's Honda Civic - ICE upgrade-img00347.jpg  

Dinu's Honda Civic - ICE upgrade-img00346.jpg  

Old 7th July 2008, 16:25   #59
BHPian

Looks really cool dinu

BTW I should be getting my new HU by end of this week Its the JVC KD AVX44. If I get it then will go for this steering wheel remote too.
Old 7th July 2008, 16:56   #60
Senior - BHPian

Wont the remote at 10 O'Clock be better?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks