Team-BHP - Sony Xplod speakers vs JBL vs Blaupunkt
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Sony Xplod speakers vs JBL vs Blaupunkt (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/34676-sony-xplod-speakers-vs-jbl-vs-blaupunkt.html)

Hi all,
I have recently bought a new Honda City. I have installed a Sony Head Unit CDX-GT660US, I'm looking for a set of good quality multi-element speakers- front and rear.
I am planning to buy either one of the following brands:
1. Sony Xplod
2. JBL
3. Blaupunkt
I need both vocal and bass clarity. Something where the bass is good, yet the vocal part is heard clearly. I do not need a subwoofer.
Also in a multi-element speaker, what is the difference between 2-way, 3-way and 4-way speakers? Do they make a difference in clarity.
I am told that JBL and Blaupunkt give better clarity than Sony's. Is is true?
Please advise
Best regards,
Vignesh G

Sony is the worst of the lot. That is true.

JBL / Blaupunkt / Hertz / Illusion Audio etc. all depend on your taste.

Out of the 3 choices i would choose JBL for obvious reasons. Good bass, good amount of treble also.
Also JBL speakers are T-BHP favourite :-)

Welcome to TBHP

You will need a good compo for front and a 6x9 for rear (if you wont buy a sub later).

I agree, of the three you have chosen, JBL is the best. Your options depends on your budget:

1) All co-axials cheapest option, 2) components in front + 2 channel amp for them and co-axials at rear, 3) All components with a 4 channel amp to drive them best but costliest option.

Go to search and look for 'what ice, what price' for more details and opinions.

Also do post your budget. But if you know what's best for you, divide it by 2.5 before posting it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vebmetal (Post 700013)
Also do post your budget. But if you know what's best for you, divide it by 2.5 before posting it :)

make that divide by 5 before posting!. :)

Listen to both JBL and Blau, and then decide!

Also check-out Hertz & Illusion too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigneshg (Post 699729)
Hi all,
I need both vocal and bass clarity. Something where the bass is good, yet the vocal part is heard clearly. I do not need a subwoofer.
Also in a multi-element speaker, what is the difference between 2-way, 3-way and 4-way speakers? Do they make a difference in clarity.
I am told that JBL and Blaupunkt give better clarity than Sony's. Is is true?
Please advise
Best regards,
Vignesh G

Hi. Do not bother with 4 or 5 way speakers. Go for a 3 way speaker.
Take a demo of the speakers shortlisted.

my opinion - JBL - good and absolute value for money. But if you have a higher budget, look at illusion or hertz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigneshg (Post 699729)

I would rather take a 4 way 5 way speaker more like a marketing trick they actually 2 way which works in the most cases

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 700282)
I would rather take a 4 way 5 way speaker more like a marketing trick they actually 2 way which works in the most cases

I agree.

Also please post your budget, so that we can help you better.

Sony is just out of the question and after that all depends on the budget u have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 700282)

So, what about the 3-way coaxials ? Are they effective in any way OR is that also a marketing gimmick ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 701305)
So, what about the 3-way coaxials ? Are they effective in any way OR is that also a marketing gimmick ?

Marketing gimmick. The 2 elements mounted in front of the main cone are too small to provide any significant REAL improvement in the mid-range or treble performance. The so-called mid in this scheme is smaller than any component tweeter, and most of the mid comes from the main cone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 701330)
Marketing gimmick. The 2 elements mounted in front of the main cone are too small to provide any significant REAL improvement in the mid-range or treble performance. The so-called mid in this scheme is smaller than any component tweeter, and most of the mid comes from the main cone.

I have seen lots of 4-5 way ovals in which the wire is connected to all the drivers but I think it is for the mental satisfaction of the user that all the drivers are playing.

I upgraded the speakers in my Honda City today afternoon. I am not sure what your budget is. But I went for Infinity 9623i for the rear and 6020CS for the fronts. I retained the stock Alpine HU (which I am going to change in a month or so). It's only been a few hours since I got it installed but it sounds pretty good to me - miles ahead of the stock speakers.

I spent 16250 on the speakers including installation at Sound Factor. The installation was extremely well done - can't get better than this. I strongly recommend this store if you are buying JBL/infinity.