Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2008, 18:10   #1

audible dynamics speakers

hi,
I am planning to buy a swift vxi and had gone for survey for a decent music system.the dealer told me about these audible dynamics 6x9 oval components for the rear and 6.5"same company components for the front.Could anyone guide me wheather its ok to take products of this company as i have not heard about it.and would it yeild a good output????the prices he quoted me for the rear speakers are 6.5k and front are 4.5k.
Old 30th January 2008, 09:34   #2
BHPian

OUCH!
That's expensive for "Audible Dynamics" company.
Old 30th January 2008, 10:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Look at it this way... I would call them "Avoidable Dynamics"
:P
Old 30th January 2008, 12:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Please stay away from it...Easily avoidable.
Old 30th January 2008, 15:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey gurus,please advice him on what he should go for,i feel gunbir bhayya is the best to advice him.he is very much less informed and that is reflecting in the post also.i am not a audio guru so guys help him out.
ram
Old 30th January 2008, 15:28   #6
BHPian

Would rather suggest Boston Acoustics or JL Audio .... these should be able to get you better valus for the buck spent. And you could probably drive down to Bangalore and get the works done by Anwer.
Old 30th January 2008, 16:10   #7

actually i was looking for a good bass in my vehicle without fitting amps or subs so which speakers could i go in for the front and rear..
Old 31st January 2008, 01:33   #8
BHPian

well please let us know on how much you intend to spend and also what kind of music do you listen to most often.
Good bass without a amp is going to be tough because the amplifier that is built into the Head Unit is usually not very powerful.
Its usually around 18 watts RMS which isnt that much really.
Not saying that it wont be enjoyable, but you have mentioned good bass so just thought id mention these points to you.
hope this helps
cheers

P.S. - Please stay away from Avoidable Dynamics. They really are not pleasant at all. (unless you want to use them in place of your rear light cluster. LOL LOL )

Last edited by Tool : 31st January 2008 at 01:36.
Old 31st January 2008, 12:00   #9
BHPian

Audible Dynamics - They come up with real nice demo cars. Now if only the speakers were half as good .

You'll never get LOTS of bass without an amp and sub but for a basic system around 20K, a couple of friends of mine are pretty happy with the Alpine HU, Hertz speaker combo they've installed. One is in a Palio and the other is in an Indica. Do some damping and you're ready to rock n roll.

Brands favoured by most people here are JBL, Illusion, Hertz and Infiniti (in no particular order).

If you're really fussy and have the moolah, check out DLS, Rainbow, Focal and Morels as well.

Brands that I'd avoid are Sony, Polk, and Vibe. (obviously AD too!)

What have i left out? Hmm... Kicker, MTX, Pioneer, JVC, Alpine...

If I've missed any brands in this speaker catalogue, trust me, you won't miss them too much.

Welcome to the ICE section; we aim to confuse!

OH and standard rule-of-thumb advice for self-driven cars is: Components in the front, 6x9 / Co-axials for rear fill.
Cheers!

Last edited by vikram18 : 31st January 2008 at 12:04.
Old 1st February 2008, 00:56   #10

my budget is around 20k including 4 speakers and the head unit.according to this which speaker and head unit combo can i get???
Old 2nd February 2008, 13:21   #11
BHPian

Swift ICE

@Hotwheels,

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-5050UB 6.0K
Pioneer DEH-7950UB 8.5K

Front Components: Illusion Electra EL6.1 6.5K
JBL GTO 607C 6.5K JBL GT5650C(6.5") 5.0K
Hertz DSK165

Rear Speakers: Matching 6*9'' Ovals 4 to 5K

Matching 6.5'' Co-Axials 4 to 5K

As the Swift has provision for 6.5'' Speakers in all the doors, it makes sense to go in for this size. If you are really keen on ovals , then they need to be installed on the parcel shelf.

Also, to compensate for a sub, you can easily get your rear speakers to act like subs via a setting in the Head Unit.

The Head Unit Pricing is without B/W.
The Speaker Pricing is with B/W.

For clarifications,

Contact Gunbir Sir for Hertz Audio, Sam for JBL And B&T for Illusion Audio Products.

Choose the best what suits your wallet & ears.
Good Luck with your new baby.
Old 2nd February 2008, 16:14   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot wheels View Post
hi,
I am planning to buy a swift vxi and had gone for survey for a decent music system.the dealer told me about these audible dynamics 6x9 oval components for the rear and 6.5"same company components for the front.Could anyone guide me wheather its ok to take products of this company as i have not heard about it.and would it yeild a good output????the prices he quoted me for the rear speakers are 6.5k and front are 4.5k.
audible dynamics speakers are of good quality at a affordable price,check in the market,audible dynamics is the only company to have a 6x9 components at MRP:6500/-,you dont get 6x9 components in any other brand

when you buy a speakers please go through the specifications and compare it with other brands
Old 2nd February 2008, 19:46   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@ad View Post
audible dynamics speakers are of good quality at a affordable price,check in the market,audible dynamics is the only company to have a 6x9 components at MRP:6500/-,you dont get 6x9 components in any other brand

when you buy a speakers please go through the specifications and compare it with other brands
6x9 components?? Aren't all component speakers round in shape and co-axials oval??
Old 2nd February 2008, 20:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@ad View Post
If you are affiliated with the brand in any way, you might get a warning from the mods as promoting brands etc is not encouraged on the forum.

You are right about the fact that 6x9 components (seperates) are not made by any other brand. Because the need for it doesn't exist.

If you dont mind, can we please learn the advantages a 6x9 component kit would have over a coaxial 6x9?
Old 3rd February 2008, 00:46   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper123 View Post
6x9 components?? Aren't all component speakers round in shape and co-axials oval??
No, Any speaker which has a crossover as a part of the stock setup is a Component speaker, and one without is Coaxial as the tweeter is Coaxially mounted on the speaker. Thats what I beleive is true.

The only other 6X9 Component speaker I have come across in India is the Rockford Fosgate P1692S, which again sounds pretty good, but I dont see the need for it to be one. However considering the RF punch series Treble quality, the speaker is not bright sounding at all so more or less sounds like a very good coaxial speaker rather than an actual typical component speaker.

Most Viewed