Team-BHP - jelly subwoofers ?? - Why is this happening?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   jelly subwoofers ?? - Why is this happening? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/34876-jelly-subwoofers-why-happening.html)

came across this video on you tube .
Clarion subwoofers but behave like jelly.:Shockked:
I think this is a too funny.
click on the links below.

YouTube - Jelly subz

lol:

How in hell is this possible? Could be some camera trick?

It's just the camera got fooled with the speed that the subs were moving I guess.

FAKE With a BIG "F"
TwentyChars

has to be fake!!
but what the hell is going on there ?
im very curious.

the wobbling looks very much as though it has been edited in ..

now who would want their subs to wiggle away like that and potentially spill out into the boot!! not a sweet idea!! :|

No No, its not a fake...

Its just the waves screwing up the camera optics or something. I have a video like this of my subs...

aaah ok .. basically the cam cant keep up with the sub hence causing the blurred image!!

This the due to camera having less frame per seconds than the sub.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 705042)
Its just the waves screwing up the camera optics or something. I have a video like this of my subs...

If the video wasnt doctored, it looks to me like its happening because of the camera being progressive scan. This basically means that the image (each frame) is captured by the camera horizontal line by line to make up a frame. There is a very very short delay between capturing one line and the next, so...

Basically, if you have an object flying across the frame (say from L to R), the top lines will register the object closer to the left than the bottom lines, as the camera scans downwards line by line to make up the image/frame.

Example : (you can clearly see how the top of the wheel is further left than by the time the lines of the bottom of the wheel are captured)

Image credits to V12 or Gordon if i am not mistaken?

This is quite common with cellphone cameras, if you have ever tried to take a video of something panning by fast (or if you pan the camera fast) you notice that the video will get distorted while panning.

So basically the same thing is happening here. The sub is vibrating very fast, somewhere between 10-200Hz (right ICE people? :p), which means its going back and forth 10-200 times a second, and hence the progressive scan camera picks it up at a different place each line it captures, resulting in the warped / jelly effect.

cya
R

ps - i bet if someone busted out a cellphone camera and played test frequencies on the sub it would either hold its warped position at just the right frequency, or it would waver in a fixed/constant motion.

Thanks guys. That explanation really helps.:)
Funky video though. The link was sent to me by my cousin in the states cause he knows im into sound engineering . He thought it was huge laugh.
Thanks guys :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 705380)
This the due to camera having less frame per seconds than the sub.

What? :eek:

LBM... do Subwoofers even have frames per second?

i have seen a video of a hertz sub doing the same thing. i know its the cam, not the sub. lol.

gunman, how low an idq can go in FPS lol p:

cheers
clip

Quote:

Originally Posted by clipto333 (Post 706391)
gunman, how low an idq can go in FPS lol p:

Goes so low, even SLR's cannot capture lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 706275)
What? :eek:

LBM... do Subwoofers even have frames per second?

If you have read the Rehaan post you might not be asking me this. :)