Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2008, 11:14   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos007 View Post
What about this massive 22" MTX Sub
This is not a sub it is a kalank on the subs. I have not seen it getting installed except in pimp my ride episode.
Old 8th February 2008, 11:25   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos007 View Post
What about this massive 22" MTX Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
the Ground zero weights just 39 kg with mounting depth of only 271 mm and total depth of just 310 mm, 35 mm Xmax and magnet size of just 280 mm when compared to Hertz Mille with a weight of 16.5 kgs with mounting depth of 242 mm and total depth of 266 mm, 8.5 mm Xmax and magnet size of 220 mm.

So the GZ is much more meatier, heavier, and deeper
Well the Jackhammer weighs 167 kilos, while the GZ weighs "just 39 kg", the total depth is 584mm Vs the GZs 310mm... etc etc etc

Does that make the Jackhammer a better sub? No! Then whats the point of comparing transducers by their weight and depth. IMHO, these products sell for one reason and one reason only... compensation!
Old 8th February 2008, 11:27   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Gunbir I for one hav not been too happy with all these high MMs/ big Xmax behemoths - i have not heard the subs shown above but others I have heard are just not musical - they dont give me goosebumps.
Navin Ji wait till you hear my sub, your perception will change about this beast. This is the fastest sub I have listened to. It goes low, and still fast. I have listened to notes which I have not heard on other subs. Our fellow Zuchero Singh reffers it to as a SQ sub. He say this sub is wrong labeled as SPL sub.
Old 8th February 2008, 11:35   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn9ne View Post
look what i found this seems even bigger

Ummmm. uh uh.. The title says "Tool's Pajero gets ICE'd".

Gunbirji, I have noticed of late, that all the threads started by you which pertain to your installs get diverted by seriously OT posts by newbies who rarely show any interest in ANY other threads. Whats going on??
Old 8th February 2008, 12:04   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
But as HEHO (high excursion high output) subs go, the iDMax is a very interesting beast. Just when you think its an SPL sub, it will wow you with its musicality and low end music detail. And just when you made up your mind about its SQ capability, the output levels will have you believe otherwise. Among HEHO subs, its a high efficiency sub for sure. It gets plenty loud with just 300-400w.
Yep, was pleasantly surprised by its SQ capabilities...

Quote:
The new iDQv3 is perfect that way, it does a lot of what the iDMax does in terms of low end detail, but is sharper, clearer and faster. So for me, the new iDQv3 does it, and boy does it do it well. Goosebumps included in standard packaging.
, waiting for the 15"
Old 8th February 2008, 12:18   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Anyways if we compare the two the Ground zero weights just 39 kg with mounting depth of only 271 mm and total depth of just 310 mm, 35 mm Xmax and magnet size of just 280 mm when compared to Hertz Mille with a weight of 16.5 kgs with mounting depth of 242 mm and total depth of 266 mm, 8.5 mm Xmax and magnet size of 220 mm.
Whats your point. Both of them are totally different subwoofers one is pure SPL & the other one is pure SQ.

Quote:
Navin Ji wait till you hear my sub, your perception will change about this beast. This is the fastest sub I have listened to. It goes low, and still fast. I have listened to notes which I have not heard on other subs. Our fellow Zuchero Singh reffers it to as a SQ sub. He say this sub is wrong labeled as SPL sub.
You bought the subwoofer for outright SPL right . How come you are looking for SQ in the driver.

Mr. LBM the 15" Sub which takes 10kW power, has 1.4" Xmax, weighs 39Kg with 10" Magnet Dia cannot be a SQ subwoofer.

Its like buying a Freight Liner Tractor and expecting it to handle like Porsche 911. Its never gonna happen .

Famous saying applies here " Jis ka kaam usi ko saaje, Doosra kare to _________ lage"

Quote:
the GZ is much more meatier, heavier, and deeper
Sorry to say, your description about the tonality of the subwoofer is completely opposite of what a SQ subwoofer will sound.

Lets stop this "War of Specs" and get back to the topic.

Last edited by Autophile : 8th February 2008 at 12:29.
Old 8th February 2008, 12:22   #82
BHPian

While we are it, could some somebody kindly enlighten me, what exactly is a SQ sub?

One that has tight, precise bass and one that can faithfully reproduce most of the bass notes? Any examples, if you may?
Old 8th February 2008, 12:27   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
While we are it, could some somebody kindly enlighten me, what exactly is a SQ sub?

One that has tight, precise bass and one that can faithfully reproduce most of the bass notes? Any examples, if you may?
John, good question. That has the makings of an interesting discussion... I suggest you start a new thread all of us will chime in there.
Old 8th February 2008, 12:36   #84
BHPian

Quote:
John, good question. That has the makings of an interesting discussion... I suggest you start a new thread all of us will chime in there.
Okay, boss. You know I have been dying to know this one.
Old 8th February 2008, 12:42   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post

In lame man terms which sub can produce music which you like is a SQ sub to you. Which can even be a sony to a few and Scanspeak to many. It all depends on ones tastes. For fail safe decision on can go for reputed brands like Illusion, ID, Dynaudio, Seas.
Old 8th February 2008, 12:50   #86

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Team-BHP is a collaborative community and each member is a valuable part of the Team-BHP family. Any racial or derogatory comment is uncalled for, and only upsets the balance. Please do not racially attack another BHPian.

The Team-BHP Support Staff

Last edited by Samurai : 8th February 2008 at 15:05. Reason: Racial attack
techn9ne is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th February 2008, 12:56   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Whats your point. Both of them are totally different subwoofers one is pure SPL & the other one is pure SQ.
Hmm not pure SPL I would take it as a SQL driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
You bought the subwoofer for outright SPL right . How come you are looking for SQ in the driver.
If it can play SQ then why not, I got it as bonus.

Quote:

Mr. LBM the 15" Sub which takes 10kW power, has 1.4" Xmax, weighs 39Kg with 10" Magnet Dia cannot be a SQ subwoofer.

Its like buying a Freight Liner Tractor and expecting it to handle like Porsche 911. Its never gonna happen .

Famous saying applies here " Jis ka kaam usi ko saaje, Doosra kare to _________ lage"
I agree with you on the specs but have you personally listened to the sub in question I think NO. So betting how it sound on the specs is no way to judge how good it play is a wrong thing.

Quote:
Sorry to say, your description about the tonality of the subwoofer is completely opposite of what a SQ subwoofer will sound.

Lets stop this "War of Specs" and get back to the topic.
Very true. But I was referring to the sizes and weights not tonality here. I have used both ID and GZ. I love the GZ and love how it sound and that is my opinion and I am not forcing it to anyone.

No offense
Old 8th February 2008, 13:19   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In lame man terms which sub can produce music which you like is a SQ sub to you.
What if a man has all his arms and legs intact? Then what is the right definition?
Old 8th February 2008, 13:35   #89
BHPian

That would be highly unlikely Sam Bhai, as once one sits in LBM's car, he would most probably come out lame and deaf. Therefore, the definition (as per LBM) will always be a lame man's definition.

Last edited by SumitB : 8th February 2008 at 13:37.
Old 8th February 2008, 13:35   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
What if a man has all his arms and legs intact? Then what is the right definition?
My bad Sam Bhai. Chalo it is Layman terms.

Most Viewed