Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 16:41   #1
BHPian

Best ICE Setup with Good SQ without 6*9s in the boot?

Hello,
Can some one direct me a good ICE setup with considerable good Sound Quality in the budget of ~10K without adding any Subs or Amps or 6*9s in the rear.

Car : Indica Xeta has 4 stock provisions for speakers. 2 in the dash and 2 on the doors.

Reason : i don't like to modify anything including the wooden frame in boot for the sake of adding 6*9s and then i am not very much serious on bass and all that. This is a family car and all of the time my parents will be in the car and i am NOT allowed to put any high volume or play stuff with high thumps (bass) and so on.

Must Have for HU : USB In (which i think pretty much every HU above Rs 5K has now) and must play CD-R and CD-RWs containing WMA and MP3.

EDIT: Prefer the HU which comes in Beige color with Face Detachable and have the option to integrate with most Car Security Systems.

I don't think i am asking for too much in the budget of ~10K. Thanks.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 1st February 2008 at 16:57.
Old 1st February 2008, 16:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

HU - 4.5 - 5K (Pioneer, JVC, Kenwood) all will have USB input.
Components - JBL will cost around 5K

So if you are getting it from the same person then they will install it for free and wires comes in withspeaker boxes.
Old 1st February 2008, 16:50   #3
BHPian

Thanks Abhibh. But i am actually looking for model numbers of HU & speakers of the setup(s) possible along with the pricing.

EDIT : Also how good are Clarion HUs ? These days i am seeing these (saw Clarion DXZ275MP) being fitted in most cars at Hyd.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 1st February 2008 at 16:57.
Old 1st February 2008, 16:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Kenwood - 4036 costs Rs 4700 grey
Pioneer 50xx series is ~5K grey
JVC - KD735, KD635 and there are some imported models too like 634 which have USB costs 4.5 - 5k Grey.

Speakers:
JBL GTO527 5-1/4 - Rs 3200 with Bill and Warranty.

I dont know what size of speakers front door of XETA can accommodate.

If you can exceed budget you can also try Illusion Electra 6.5" Components. They cost 6.5K with Bill and Warranty

EDIT: never heard or tried clarion but lot of people say they are good SQ wise.
Old 1st February 2008, 17:37   #5
BHPian

I think Xeta should accommodate upto 6" ones in the front door.

You may look at the for an idea on the speaker provisions.

EDIT : Click on the thumbnail above to get full size image.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 1st February 2008 at 17:49.
Old 1st February 2008, 17:49   #6
BHPian

I would also be needing the same info and even my car is Xeta so any help will be appreciated..and what do u people suggest DVD or mp3 is enough ....
Old 1st February 2008, 17:57   #7
BHPian

Truedreamer i hope you dont mind buddy im posting my requirements here as i have a same car and i also tried posting a new thread which mod deleted so ...can anyone suggest me a good config for 25k
need mp3 player + Speakers good SQ or a good Dvd player with screen
need Car Security System
Good seatcovers
Looking for some advice from some ICE experts ...already got some advice on this from Deetee,True Dreamer & others...thankfully to all these people for all the advice
Thank you
waiting for replies as i am going to take car delivery tomorrow and get accessories fitted tomorrow
Old 1st February 2008, 18:08   #8
BHPian

Any info on good tweeters as well (planning to get them into dash). This may sound wierd but just curious on how would it be if i get 2 pairs of same type of speakers (one pair in dash and one in door socket). Would they be give out the high freq notes which the tweeters are designed to output?
Old 1st February 2008, 18:29   #9
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
Any info on good tweeters as well (planning to get them into dash). This may sound wierd but just curious on how would it be if i get 2 pairs of same type of speakers (one pair in dash and one in door socket). Would they be give out the high freq notes which the tweeters are designed to output?
Hi TrueDreamer. A pair of tweeters come along the components. Basically if you buy component speakers, you get a pair of woofers and a paid of tweeters.

What do you mean there.
Old 1st February 2008, 20:00   #10
BHPian

RAC, Thanks for enlightening me. I earlier thought we need to buy woofers and tweeters separately.

@Krish: I don't mind in you posting your requirements here. But i think mods will if you mix up other accessories like Security System and others in ICE thread So let this be restricted to your ICE queries. We will help you on your other accessories queries in your thread itself.

@Mods: After intense searching, i failed to locate a ICE setup without 6*9s. Hence this thread.

Also someone told me that Xeta GLS comes with Tweeters included in the dash. Is this true? It seems like getting ICE for your car is really hard than getting the car itself.
Old 1st February 2008, 22:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

TrueDreamer you can have 6-1/2 compos in front will cost around 5500 for JBL's.

Check other similar threads on XETA ICE queries
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...highlight=xeta
Old 2nd February 2008, 00:58   #12
RAC
BHPian

[quote=TrueDreamer;708235]RAC, Thanks for enlightening me. I earlier thought we need to buy woofers and tweeters separately.

@Mods: After intense searching, i failed to locate a ICE setup without 6*9s. Hence this thread.

Hi. I suggest you speak to a couple of car acc. shops and tell them what you want and ask them specifically whow they will install. This will give you an idea and help you plan and configure your setup.

On a setup sans 6*9 ovals, if you have a good 6" components in the front, you can live without the rear fill, only till you get hooked to ICE and are then ready to upgrade
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:20   #13
BHPian

Thanks Abhibh for the links. I had gone through all of them. Also after some research, i learnt that Compos are different from CoAxials. But didn't find something to match my requirements close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3VLimited FAQ
Component Speakers:
The Speaker system is made up of separate 'components', the woofer, the tweeter, and the crossover. Better sound reproduction is achieved by separating each component and controlling which frequencies are played by each speaker.

Example:

The larger diameter speaker is the woofer - it plays low frequencies.
The small speaker is the tweeter - it plays very high frequencies.
The 'box' is the crossover - it controls which frequencies are played by each speaker.

Coaxial Speakers:
The speaker is an 'all-in-one' type system. The tweeter is mounted in the center of the woofer, and there is usually a small capacitor to control the frequencies played by the tweeter.
Source : FAQ: Difference between Components and Coaxials - R3VLimited Forums

Earlier, i was confused between Co-axial's and Components before. Hence RAC was confused because of my confusion.

So if i get Component Speakers, i would get a Woofer and Tweeter into the door 6" and also what about the cross over box? I don't want to lose even an mm of extra space anywhere. Just would like to use the existing stock provisions.

Seems like i got more confused now than before.

----------------------------EDIT-----------------------------------

Better i clarify something now

Indica Xeta has 4 Stock Locations for speakers (2 on Dash which should easily get in 4" and 2 in door and should take in 6")

Now i don't say anything about components or co axial types here. Gurus, please decide on whats the best in the price range of Rs ~10K for best sound quality with out use of 6x9 or amps or sub woofers or any bass tube or stuff

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 2nd February 2008 at 01:28.
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:26   #14
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Abhibh for the links. I had gone through the last one way before. After some research, i learnt that Compos are different from CoAxials.

Source : FAQ: Difference between Components and Coaxials - R3VLimited Forums

Earlier, i was confused between Co-axial's and Components before. Hence RAC was confused because of my confusion.

So if i get Component Speakers, i would get a Woofer and Tweeter into the door 6" and also what about the cross over box? I don't want to lose even an mm of extra space anywhere. Just would like to use the existing stock provisions.

Seems like i got more confused now than before

don't worry. there are many locations in the car (door pads, high up in the footwell, dash, where the crossovers can be installed.
Components should be your choice. get a good pair.
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK you wont loose any space everything will fit in stock locations specially the compos. There are always spacer rings that can be used, if xeta front don't accommodate 6-1/2" directly.

Quote:
Seems like i got more confused now than before
My dear friend please read the below thread too!!!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ing-forum.html

You have been casted with the spell of called ICE

EDIT:

Compos are better than coax. You can install the components in door location and the components tweeter will go in dash. I wish i had stock door location on my alto so i can install components without cutting etc.

EDIT2:

Taken from BUSA Innova ICE thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...gets-iced.html

This is spacer ring:

How compos are installed on spacer rings:

Last edited by abhibh : 2nd February 2008 at 01:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks