Team-BHP - Rear Speaker suggestions please !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Rear Speaker suggestions please !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/34998-rear-speaker-suggestions-please.html)

Existing Setup for my Swift DDiS:-
Pioneer 7950 UB
Front JBL GTO 6" Coaxials
Rear Pioneer 6"X9" 5 way TS 6991S ( I Think).
JBL CS 60.4 amp
Power Cabling

The 6"X9" have started creating problems. The left speakers has conked out . I am thinking of replacing them with either
1)new pair of 6" x 9"s(Budget4.5k)or
2)coaxials + subwoofer(Budget 7 k).

If I take the first option then should i go for JBL or illusions ? Which of the two has a better bass response.

If I go for the second option then which brands do i go for and can i put the rear coaxials in the rear doors and a sub to the rear mdf tray ? I want to keep the boot free if possible.Or it is possible all the three at the tray cause i have heard that the rear door become heavy with the speakers fitted in and thus starts creating problems after a span of time.

Went through some threads but could not find any to my liking. A redirection to any thread having a similar type of problem will also help.

Get a co-ax that fits in the door and a bass tube . Even a sub in a ported/sealed box would do. A Pio sub in a custom box would be cheaper.

Bass tube , wont that permanently occupy boot space ? Instead putting a subwoofer on the mdf board rather than a sealed enclosure provide decent enough bass ?

The gurus here will get you better advice, but I would be a little hesitant in fixing a free-air sub on a MDF board, unless it's done by a very good installer. Otherwise it just leaves too much margin for rattles and other undesirable noises.

If you want boot space, a sealed enclosure would probably be your best bet, as it takes less space to begin with. On top of that if you get this particular connection jack (can't remember the name, others please help), you can disconnect and remove it with ease, say when you have to go pick someone up from the airport.

AFAIK Bass tube is more permanent and not so easy to remove.

dear nikunj

since you are using front JBL's
it would be a natural progression that you use the JBL GTO937 6*9's in the rear
they are available in your specified budget with bill or rs 2800 (grey)

illusion rear ovals speakers are very crisp and laid back,
if you want more dynamic sounding "ground zero" 6*9 GZ MK2 at about the same value are very good too IMHO)

the ground zero 6*9's offer such good tight bass IMO ( that you may even skip a sub if you like )
however if you want a budget sub you should see if an 8" free air sub can be squeezed in ur MDF tray between ur 6*9 rear coaxials

10inch or 12in would be a real difficult fit on MDF tray in a swift

Get the JBL GTO937 6*9 to replace your Pioneers and then decide.

@magama - where can I source ground zero speakers and can you tell me the exact model number ? I am getting a quote of rs 4950 for JBL GTO937 with b/w , isnt that a bit on the high side ?

Nikunj, PM Ajay ji (B&T) for GZ. You can also ask Shuvc for Ajay ji's email address.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikunj_cal (Post 710211)
@magama - where can I source ground zero speakers and can you tell me the exact model number ? I am getting a quote of rs 4950 for JBL GTO937 with b/w , isnt that a bit on the high side ?

well 4950rs is also the price for the ground zero speakers GZTF 690 MK2
as suggested above, contact Mr Ajay ( he is known as "Bass&Trouble" on this forum - search for his posts and PM him to know which shop you can get it from)

now the JBL GTO937 are also 4950 mrp . however a disount of 10% shud be possible on bargainin ( you can contact SAM Kapasi on this forum for JBL speakers, mumbai "lamington road gives these disounts)
However you should know you can get the same JBL speakers for about 2800-3000 rs WITHOUT BILL ( you choose ur risk)

Ground Zeros are not sold grey so dont ask!:)

Hi...

The gto 937 are too bright. IMO you should AVOID them.. ( P.S. They are available at 2800 Rs in mumbai with bill and warranty ) ..

I have heard the GZ MMK2 and they sound neat.. Hertz deici coaxes also have good reviews though i havent heard them personally..

I would put my money for GZ MMK2 ...

Thanks