Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2008, 12:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionSwords View Post
I wonder why there was a ground zero sticker inside the Illusion Box package? - any explanation?
We are cross-promoting scoundrels, thats why.

The stickers are not part of the original package - i.e. not supplied by either IA or GZ as a part of any of their products. These are made by us and added to each and every package that leaves the warehouse. Hence, if you buy a GZ product, don't be surprised to find an Illusion sticker in there. In fact, you'd find both those even in Steg products I think.

I am astonished at the prices you have got. Even I cannot afford to sell it at that price. But, good for you is all I can say.
Old 14th February 2008, 16:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

as lbm pointed out, the dealer has made good money on other stuff. power cable for 250?? which brand/which company?
Old 14th February 2008, 17:54   #33
BHPian

I went to FM drive too and the price quoted to me for the same speakers was similar. Maybe 100-150 more. And i wasnt going to buy anything else so theres no question of making money on other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
as lbm pointed out, the dealer has made good money on other stuff. power cable for 250?? which brand/which company?
Old 16th February 2008, 23:19   #34
BHPian

Well guys,

About the Price, I was good to them, they were good to me. Pankaj bhai is a warm person, what he quoted was well within my budget. I know he quoted IL for less, and expected to bomb me on some thing else, I know I paid a tad higher for the Kenwood Amp.(if u guys can spend some time and bargain, u can get the KAC8401 for around 4100/- (dunno if new!!) I trust FMDrive and hence I made all the purchase with them, hence he was lenient with the installation charges, and moreover I made the entire day happy for the people around me and got a good job done!

I was skeptic about the GroundZero power cable prices, but did not prefer to argue that day! so left it to his billing.

They helped me out of the way to place my tweeters in the position I wanted. The tweeters-pods that came with Illusions were not exactly like we would prefer to mount! Hence they provided me Tweeter Mounts that fit amazingly well with a slant-cut to paste on the A-Pillars, and I get the right angle now! - they did not charge me for this, which would have cost me say Rs.150 or 200/-

So it is a so-so bargain, I got my job well done!

Note: there is some more to write, I shall do so later, it is about the performance of the MP3 player to AMP vs Head Unit (or) some heavy power source! Keep watching the thread, I will update ASAP!

Well I'm in Chennai, packed and moved, so can't showcase stuff to friends in Mumbai! will miss Mumbai and you guys there!
Old 17th February 2008, 04:39   #35
BHPian

Quote:
if u guys can spend some time and bargain, u can get the KAC8401 for around 4100/- (dunno if new!!)
Could someone else confirm this?

Quote:
The tweeters-pods that came with Illusions were not exactly like we would prefer to mount! Hence they provided me Tweeter Mounts that fit amazingly well with a slant-cut to paste on the A-Pillars, and I get the right angle now! - they did not charge me for this, which would have cost me say Rs.150 or 200/-
Could you post pictures of these also? I have exactly the same problem. My EL6.1 tweeters are currently lying horizontally shooting up straight into the windshield. I suspect I can get a better sound by having it at an angle. Unfortunately, Illusion doesn't have angle mounts, and according to the installer, other brands' angle mounts wouldn't fit it.
Old 17th February 2008, 15:23   #36
BHPian

Please do reply soon Millionswords! From this picture it doesn't look like there is an angle mount, only double-sided tape? Could you please post an updated picture!
Old 17th February 2008, 16:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

The Lucent 6.1 comes with angle mounts
Old 17th February 2008, 16:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Please do reply soon Millionswords! From this picture it doesn't look like there is an angle mount, only double-sided tape? Could you please post an updated picture!
The cup in the picture above is the flush mount swivel cup. There is no surface angle mount cup with the Electras. It is better to use the tweeter without any cups for surface mounting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
The Lucent 6.1 comes with angle mounts
So have you "mounted" them yet.
Old 17th February 2008, 19:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
So have you "mounted" them yet.
Yep, expect a full report soon. Not had time to spend with them.

Sorry for the O/T
Old 17th February 2008, 20:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if u guys can spend some time and bargain, u can get the KAC8401 for around 4100/- (dunno if new!!) I trust FMDrive and hence I made all the purchase with them
I think he meant Kenwood KAC 6403 4 channel amp. I was quoted INR 4250 (greay market price) for this amp by FX Car Audio.

Kenwood KAC-6403
Old 17th February 2008, 23:50   #41
BHPian

^ I don't think so - he's got the 8401 installed. The pics show it. But yes, the price seems ridiculously low!!!
Old 18th February 2008, 10:25   #42
Senior - BHPian

In Electra the cup which comes along the tweeter has holes in the back . One can directly mount them with screw at the RVM position.
Old 18th February 2008, 13:11   #43
BHPian

I don't want any holes, screws etc. That's the problem, otherwise would have mounted it flush in the door panel. Would have looked killer as well.

Anyway have bought some double-sided tape today and plan to experiment a little. Two places I am thinking of are both on the A-pillar. One would be 2-3 inches directly above where Millionswords has his in the following picture:

And the other would be 2-3 inches above, and 2 inches to the right.

OT: one annoyance I have with the Electra tweeters (maybe all tweeters have this) is that because of the way the two wires are in the back of the flush mount cup, the tweeter does not sit in some position within the cup.

Last edited by vebmetal : 18th February 2008 at 13:13.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:44   #44
BHPian

I have placed the tweeters on the A-Pillar a few inches above from what you see in the picture!

What you see in the picture is actually not the final placement.
I had put up this piture to show how the Illusion Electra tweeter pod was not easy to place on the A-Pillar or anywhere for that matter. As veb mentioned, the wire exit on the backside was a trouble evidently!

But the new pods and the slant made the difference for me.
Though ZFMDrive guys were ready to help me place them on the A-Pillar, I had done it myself.

With the slant tweeter pod, i stuck the 2sided 3M tape and tried, it would not stick to the pillar. So I used FeviKwik to stick it to the A-Pillar, and it went well! So now the placement is very nice. I will upload the pictures soon. Now I dont have the camera or the memory card @ hand.
Old 26th February 2008, 17:28   #45
BHPian

I tried placing it on the A-Pillar but double-sided tape is not strong enough - every morning I was waking up to tweeters that had dropped to the dash. So I decided that a horizontal placement is probably best. So they are placed horizontally just near where the tweeters are in your picture.

I hope you are having fun with the Electras - I'm loving them! (And I don't even have an amp or a sub!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks