Team-BHP - Component System for Esteem
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Component System for Esteem (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/35091-component-system-esteem.html)

I've got myself a very good system:

Pioneer 7950
Infinity Rear Speakers & 12" woofers
JBL GT5 amps

Esteem has an enclosure for very small speakers in the front
I got a pair of JBL's but the sound's not happening
Infact, i just cant feel they're there.

I need to know;
(1) If there is a pair of speakers i cn replace front ones with for a great impact.
(2) Getting components in front will mean, creating new enclosure for them as they wont fit in the regular enclosure.

I just cant make up my mind

Besides, should i get a bass tube in the boot and shift woofers to the tray and power both front speakers and bass tube with a new 4-channel amp.

Whoa, whoa, whoa my friend. One thing at a time. Let's take it a little slow.

You have spoken about sub woofers in plural and not singular. So I'm assuming that you have a pair of them. Alongside you've also mentioned GT5 Amps. Could you give us some more details.

As in, if you have one 4 ch amp and a mono, or a 4 ch & a 2 ch or two 4 ch amps.

What is baffling me is you feeling the need for a tube alongside your subs. A bass tube is more boomy where as sealed subs give a tighter punch. I would suggest chucking the idea of a bass tube and concentrating on improving the bass through better enclosures, tuning, wiring, etc.

As far as components go, that i totally agree with. Components up front will go a long way in improving the sound. However, the only way to go about it is through MDF rings on the front doors as the standard in-dash location is a bit too small.

So thats about it for now. Get back with more details about your setup and we'll try our best.:D

Cheers.

Well. . .just have a single sub woofer, hence the singular
JBL GT5 4 channel amp powers the rear speakers & sub woofer
There's just a single 4-channel amp. . .no mono, or any additional amp
Sub woofer's currently in the boot in a boom box

Pioneer 7950 HU powers the existing front speakers
apart from this, there's some noise reducing device in the boot

Since i just have a single sub and not a pair, hence i was contemplating a bass tube.
i love the impact that rear speakers and sub produce
what i dnt like is the fact tht it just doesnt feel like there are any speakers at all in the front. . .not to forget the complete lack of treble.

So, effectively i need good impact in the front apart from treble.
I was assuming a front component would do it and a bass tube in the boot would be a bonus. . .both of them powered by a new 4 channel amp.

Whats with MDF rings. . .what does it cost & does it tamper with the doors and what front components would you suggest.

also, do you think just the front component are good enough. . .or a bass tube would be a gd addition to have.

Besides, even if its just the front components do i need a dedicated amp for it or would the HU be able to power it well enough

Note from Moderator - Please type in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Gd = Good, tht = that, and so on...

Well, you will need some work on the door panels, you definately need components in the front. since you are Mumbai, it won't be tough auditioning the good brands - Illusion, Hertz, JBL.
Fiberglassing the door panel would be very neat.

Next - The GT5 amp will power the comps and rear speakers.
Now you will need a new amp for the sub. But what sub do you have?

Suggest you to get a mono amp and a good sub (GZ or IDQ, there is also RF - which Ali G has, or infinity)

Whats your budget here?

@ flintstones,

Here are options for the fronts

Front Components: JBL GTO 607C or matching Infinity
Illusion Electra EL6.1
Hertz DSK163
Hertz ESK 165L

Run the sub and the fronts via the amp, the rears via the HU and get a good tuning job done and you should do fine.

Later if you still feel the lack of bass, the upgrade virus can be passed on to you too lol:

PM Sam for JBL, B&T for Illusions & Gunbir for Hertz.

If possible, source a 75.4 for the 2 subs.284W RMS to each sub will do a lot of good.
The current GT5 amp can power the front and rear speakers.
For the front,get 6.5" components for a good soundstage. :)

Hi Flintstones!
I had faced a similar predicament when ICEing up my Esteem. Where do I put the front components??!

The solution is what St. Anger has suggested. You can look my Sound Off thread for pictures on how it was done:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/589183-post18.html

Thanks everyone for suggestions and information.
I have a Infinity Sub (single unit) in a boom box
Its a 12" model no:1205/1200w/4-ohm

Do you think i need a bass tube in boot
(or) adding another sub works better

Feel the treble's seriously missing sometimes

Also, why should i get a mono. . .shldnt another 4-channel amp be a better option