Team-BHP - Stinger capacitors.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Stinger capacitors. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/35109-stinger-capacitors.html)

Hello everyone :)
need some help here on this one..
Been wanting to upgrade my capacitor for a long time.
its a 1 farad audiobhan cap.
now i have the option of getting the Stinger SPC5010 10 Farad PRO Hybrid Power Capacitor . Getting it really cheap too.
Now here is whats on my mind.
Will this make any difference to my power draw ? ill get it even if there is a small increase.
How are hybrid caps better than normal electrolytic caps ?
Thanks a lot in advance everyone

here is a link to the Stinger SPC5010:-

Stinger - SPC5010 Pro Hybrid Capacitor - November 2007 – MiniTruckinWeb.com NEW PRODUCTS Forum

Stinger makes some good products, I have a 1 Farad stinger cap in my Ikon, their performance batteries are good too, mine has survived a lot of beating in the Zen for 2 years.
Capacitors as such dont make a setup louder or anything but a big cap can run the system more efficient on the long run. I have a 5 Farad cap in the Zen and yes, it has served well.
10 farad cap I cannot comment on, but I reckon it should be good, So how cheap is cheap ?

10 is a serious number !
Whats your setup Tool?

Even if it is PRO HYBRID CAPACITOR, I seriously doubt that it is 10 Farad. For a Cap to be of 10 farad the size would be of approx 8-10 times of a normal 1 farad cap. Look out for the audison .8 or 1.3 farad cap for reference.

Tool: While the Stinger is a good cap, you dont need 10F of capacitance. If you do want to upgrade the cap, get something proportionate to the amplifier power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 711465)
If you do want to upgrade the cap, get something proportionate to the amplifier power.

I agree. Get a bigger amp it will play cleaner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 711465)
Tool: While the Stinger is a good cap, you dont need 10F of capacitance. If you do want to upgrade the cap, get something proportionate to the amplifier power.

I agree with this man completely. Under no normal circumstances will you need 10F of capacitance. You'd be fine with your 1F Audiobahn, if it is original.

Thanks a lot everyone :)
Blueraven bro thanks for the review.im getting 2 caps from Stinger for under 10K !
one is their 10 Farad as i have already posted. Which according to their PDF is only good for 2,000 watt system for 8 K
Also there is a HPM 15 Farad cap for like 10 K as well which according to the same PDF is good for a 3000 watt system for 10 K
Im very confused hehe . I always thought that 1 farad for 1000 watts is a thumb rule.
Now im thinking about the 15 farad cap. lol
Help please gurji's :)
Big thank you in advance.

Stinger Catalogue:- Capacitors are on pages 49-56
http://www.stingerelectronics.com/pdf/sbro7_v2_lo.pdf

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tool (Post 711825)
their 10 Farad is only good for 2,000 watt system

15 Farad cap is good for a 3000 watt system

I always thought that 1 farad for 1000 watts is a thumb rule.

Read the above now to see your answer. That stuff is all naam ka 10 and 15 farad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 711431)
Even if it is PRO HYBRID CAPACITOR, I seriously doubt that it is 10 Farad. For a Cap to be of 10 farad the size would be of approx 8-10 times of a normal 1 farad cap. Look out for the audison .8 or 1.3 farad cap for reference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 711865)
Read the above now to see your answer. That stuff is all naam ka 10 and 15 farad.

Sam Bhai I think he over look my post !!!!

no bro LBM.. didnt overlook your post at all . Would love to get get the Audison caps .
Only reason why i am keen on getting from America cause it does not cost me anyting heheh.
Uncle buys it. :)
Sam bro im confused !!
is it false advertising or what ??. And what are good caps to get ?
ID love to get 2 X 1.2 farad Audison caps but its like 20 K + OFF MY MONEY hehehe on caps.
And also i dont think ill have the space to mount 2 caps . Thats why im looking for a 1 cap solution.
Much rather get another ID MAX with that 20 K. :)
So yes if you had a choice of a 2 or more farad cap. Which one whould it be ?
Sorry for all the questions sirji's..
And Thank you very very much in advance again !

P.S. - The 15 farad stinger cap retails at close to 500 $ but am geting it for less than half.

From my side no need to add the cap it will not make much difference. Use that money elsewhere like thicker cables for power.