Team-BHP - JBL or Blaupunkt for speakers....
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   JBL or Blaupunkt for speakers.... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/35230-jbl-blaupunkt-speakers.html)

Hey Guys,

I have been browsing this site for almost an year now. About an year back, I acquired an exceptional well-maintained 2003 "Night Hawk Black OHC Vtec" which was fitted with a Kenwood HU and company provided stock speakers. I had always wanted to upgrade the ICE but for lack of information, cash and time, never was able to.

Finally, after much research (courtesy:team-BHP), I went to the dealer yesterday for getting JBL components and 937s co-axials for the rear.
However, when the dealer showed me other options available in a slightly higher price range, I went in for the Blaupunkt GTX series - both for the front and the rear speakers. These are mind-blowing speakers and mind you, strong comments, but JBL just do not compare. The speakers have brushed stainless steel finished membranes and I shall let you know the exact model numbers later. Some tight bass they produce - in fact, I had initially wanted to even change my head unit (wanted the Pio-7950), an amplifier (JBL 75.4) and a Sub (JBL CS*!?!*). But these speakers are more than enough - they are good value for money, provide great clarity (Blaupunkt known for clarity), tight bass - what more could you ask for........
Why do people put in amplifiers and subs when such a simple set-up is enough to shake your car......I m a happy man today and just do not want to get outta my car.

(I also have a Sierra and there is a Pajero being Iced by Gunbir. I am keenly watching the thread. Can people suggest an earth-shaking, head-turning ICE for my Sierra within a budget of about 20k!?!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by asejwal (Post 714127)
Hey Guys,

I have been browsing this site for almost an year now. About an year back, I acquired an exceptional well-maintained 2003 "Night Hawk Black OHC Vtec" which was fitted with a Kenwood HU and company provided stock speakers. I had always wanted to upgrade the ICE but for lack of information, cash and time, never was able to.

Finally, after much research (courtesy:team-BHP), I went to the dealer yesterday for getting JBL components and 937s co-axials for the rear.
However, when the dealer showed me other options available in a slightly higher price range, I went in for the Blaupunkt GTX series - both for the front and the rear speakers. These are mind-blowing speakers and mind you, strong comments, but JBL just do not compare. The speakers have brushed stainless steel finished membranes and I shall let you know the exact model numbers later. Some tight bass they produce - in fact, I had initially wanted to even change my head unit (wanted the Pio-7950), an amplifier (JBL 75.4) and a Sub (JBL CS*!?!*). But these speakers are more than enough - they are good value for money, provide great clarity (Blaupunkt known for clarity), tight bass - what more could you ask for........
Why do people put in amplifiers and subs when such a simple set-up is enough to shake your car......I m a happy man today and just do not want to get outta my car.

(I also have a Sierra and there is a Pajero being Iced by Gunbir. I am keenly watching the thread. Can people suggest an earth-shaking, head-turning ICE for my Sierra within a budget of about 20k!?!)

well its seems you have already made up your mind doesnt it
Blaupunkt is a good brand and worth the money if you're gonna buy with bill warranty

as for your query on why ppl use amps and subs
DUHHH!!

and "Can people suggest an earth-shaking, head-turning ICE for my Sierra within a budget of about 20k!?!"
for 20k ,the blaupunkt speakers ( since you like them) and a kenwood/blaupunkt GT4 or pioneer 4 channel amp and a bass tube (seems in ur case you're more interested in head turner then tightness) is all you will be able to get
so go ahead
cheers

Blaupunkt is a reputed brand and make good stuff. If you like them, go for it, you won't be sorry.

Till the time moderators were approving my post here, I have got them installed in my OHC Vtec - the Blaupunkt GTX series (titanium).

Blaupunkt Rear 6x9 Co-axials 3-way (Max Power 55W RMS) - Rs 3200/-
Blaupunkt Front Co-axials 2-way (Max Power 45W RMS) - Rs 2200/-

What would you suggest - would changing my head unit (Kenwood at present MP4*!?!*smthing) to a Pioneer 6950/7950 make more difference to the sound quality?

(The advice I wanted pertaining to the Sierra is a separate issue. I am very passionate about my Sierra - sentimental attachment - and want to completely do up all interiors/exteriors/ICE, though not in the immediate future....)

Thanks for the intro for the blau speakers. I have heard a few but they sounded normal to me nothing great.

About earth shaking and head turning ICE, yaar I have spend many time more than 20k but I am not able to shake the earth and I get few stares but NO head turns.

If have any plans in the 20k budget what is it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 714638)
Thanks for the intro for the blau speakers. I have heard a few but they sounded normal to me nothing great.

About earth shaking and head turning ICE, yaar I have spend many time more than 20k but I am not able to shake the earth and I get few stares but NO head turns.

If have any plans in the 20k budget what is it.

Arre LBM ji
what you saying
Most tbhp members heads dont turn but SPIN when they read about ur saga ( at least mine did)

hmm many times 20K is understatement! haha maybe multiply by 10-15!!!

Quote:

I get few stares

Well, if you are blaring out "I wanna **** you" over a radius of 1 kilometer, what do you expect to happen? :)

Quote:

Interesting signature

" “First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win” - Mahatma Gandhi"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 714895)
Well, if you are blaring out "I wanna **** you" over a radius of 1 kilometer, what do you expect to happen? :)

That too the dhol vaja tharki remix.