Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2008, 22:58   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
The Transcend V10 is even cheaper - Rs. 1,500 for 8GB. But Corsair has fantastic read speeds, which is why I went for it. And no regrets either - it's really fast even with a car HU!

Playlists don't work with the 6050 :( Have to resort to using different folders.
Oh that's bad. I guess the 4050/5050 will not play them either then .

I got confused between your USB speed thread and the playlist thread and ended up posting it here instead of the other thread. heh,heh.

You get corsair over here?? I have never seen one in any of the shops in chennai.. It's all transcend and kingstons
Old 10th February 2008, 00:44   #47
BHPian

You do get Corsairs. But Transcend and Kingston are much much more popular as you pointed out. (Basically because of the price per GB - read/write speeds don't matter to most people). I had to hunt it out in Nehru Place. Most shops didn't have one.
Old 10th February 2008, 23:53   #48
Senior - BHPian

I replaced my Transcend V10 with V30.
For a little more, its better built and read/write speeds are lightning fast. Im amazed!
Old 11th February 2008, 15:17   #49
BHPian

Playlist in 5050

Hi WebMetal .

I also tried and create an M3u list on my pen drive and my Pio 5050 did not recognize it at all ..

I did check the list was in thsi order

\Music\OSO\Disco.mp3 ( i have removed the letter , infact if you save the list to the pen drive it automatically removes it )

any help from the Gurus will be much appreciated .

Please Help.....

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 11th February 2008 at 15:20.
Old 11th February 2008, 15:49   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal
The Transcend V10 is even cheaper - Rs. 1,500 for 8GB. But Corsair has fantastic read speeds, which is why I went for it. And no regrets either - it's really fast even with a car HU!

Playlists don't work with the 6050 :( Have to resort to using different folders.
I got Transcend V10 for Rs 1350 ( 8 GB) in Nehru place , i might have been able to find better bargain , but did not had time. Playlist is still not working

OT : vebmetal what the the diff in Transcend and Corsairs ...
Old 11th February 2008, 20:06   #51
BHPian

Rs 1350 is not a bad deal at all! I doubt you would find better.

Diff. between Transcend and Corsair is that the latter has much much better read speeds. So while playing music in the car, when you change tracks, the time taken to go to the next track is much less. And of course it reads the pen drive initially much faster too.
Old 11th February 2008, 20:08   #52
BHPian

I have tentatively come to the conclusion that playlists don't work with Pioneer HUs (at least not with my 6050UB). The next best thing is to play around with folder hierarchies and file names, in combination with random play and play modes, to try and get what you want.
Old 14th February 2008, 19:51   #53

Just checked my Pio 4050UB by connection to Transscend v30 2 GB.
I was able to control the navigaton on the USB like a normal MP3-CD.
Sequence of operations are as:

1) Connect USB to th cable 4050
2) Press "LIST" on the player
3) Press the jog dial in down direction....this takes me to root directory
4) Press right arrow key
4) Keep on scrolling down by jog dial and select the music album/track
5)Press jog dial to get started.

Rest of the controls are same as of CD

I hope this is what you are looking for, If not please be specific with what you mean by playlist?

Old 14th February 2008, 20:45   #54
BHPian

Please don't post if you don't know what is being talked about. I can't sit here and explain what Playlists are. It is a very specific term for a very specific thing, and very widely understood. For your own information, here is one definition I found:
Quote:
A sequential list of songs that can include CD audio, MP3s, WMAs, or any other kind of audio file. Playlists can be randomized to create a mix and saved to hard drives and CD-Rs.
Old 14th February 2008, 23:35   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amplyfryed View Post
I hope this is what you are looking for, If not please be specific with what you mean by playlist?
Man.. Have you never used Winamp???
Old 14th February 2008, 23:39   #56
BHPian

Supposedly, the 7950 can work with playlists. You only have to remove the drive letters, after creating the playlist with Winamp.

Info here: Kenwood vs Pioneer USB - Page 9 - Talk Audio Forums

Quote:
|FROM LINK ABOVE| Playlists work great, just make them in Winamp, double check in Notepad there is no Drive letter in the pathnames. Remember: Winamp adds the letter if you save it to the drive OTHER THAN the removable device.
Old 15th February 2008, 01:06   #57
BHPian

I have a feeling that playlists work with the 7950 but not the new series.... will try again on my 6050.
Old 15th February 2008, 10:52   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amplyfryed View Post
Its a generic term but basically refers to a saved preset list of tracks/videos that will be pulled up from the available collection of choons. So you could have say a Rock playlist with you favourite rock tracks and a different one when you want to serenade a lady!

Nice nickname btw

Quote:
Please don't post if you don't know what is being talked about. I can't sit here and explain what Playlists are.
Then dont? This forum is for sharing and learning right, why does it annoy you when a question is asked.

Remember you started 3-4 threads discussing HU's. Did any one attack you then? Not that they weren't legit questions... just saying.

Im probably going to get my first infraction for this but Sheesh
Old 15th February 2008, 10:55   #59
Senior - BHPian

yaar why do we need play list when the navigation is much easy. Also if you want a play list you can make a folder with the songs you wanna listen. I think it is one and the same thing.
Old 15th February 2008, 11:45   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Remember you started 3-4 threads discussing HU's. Did any one attack you then? Not that they weren't legit questions... just saying.

Im probably going to get my first infraction for this but Sheesh
Space, @s0uljah, space - some people share it, some don't. Like kids and toffees! Now Jack will ask me to shampoo his ... Arrey, koi Lifeboy dena zara? Sunlight bar bhi chalega!

Chill, @vebmetal, no one wants to transgress your space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
yaar why do we need play list ...
Bhai-ji, "Pointers"? "Pointers to pointers"? Indirection, double indirection? Bhool gaye abhi se?

Most Viewed