Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2008, 14:53   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
That maybe because one set of compos are powered by the amp and the rear one's by HU and there will be obvious difference in the output of both and the fronts will sound much louder.
True. However, even when playing just the rears with the fronts and sub disconnected, the sound was very faint. Maybe a HU problem. But that's already discussed in another thread - would be OT here

Quote:
But since i'll be going for co-axes at the rear I guess I should do ok powering then from HU since the rears are only fillers.
Ideally yes.

Quote:
What is your HU and how much did the Illusion EL6.1's cost??
Pio 4950.
I don't have the components. I have 4 x EL62 coaxes. They cost 3990 each. The 6.1 is around 6.5K.

Quote:
Hmm.. I think as long as the Impedance of both the speakers match there should not be any problems I guess.
Not sure. Am not aware of the technicalities around this. But be sure if you wire it that way. However with 6x9 coax rears driven by the HU, you need not go into those complications.
Old 29th February 2008, 09:02   #62
BHPian

So I guess the Illusion Electra 6.1's up front should be powered by the amp channels 1 & 2. Now the HU should drive the JBL 937 co-axes better than the Illusion co-axes since the 937's have 2 ohms impedance against the electra co-axes which has 4 ohm impedance. So the HU must be able to push more power into the JBL's right??

Will this setup, Illusion 6.1's at the front and JBL 937's at the rear, have any problems like sounding different or something??
Old 29th February 2008, 10:14   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now the HU should drive the JBL 937 co-axes better than the Illusion co-axes since the 937's have 2 ohms impedance against the electra co-axes which has 4 ohm impedance. So the HU must be able to push more power into the JBL's right??

Will this setup, Illusion 6.1's at the front and JBL 937's at the rear, have any problems like sounding different or something??
Yes and no. The lower impedance and higher power 'push' due to that is not an indicator of louder or better sound. If at all, the 'Sensitivity' figure is - higher the sensitivity, louder the sound watt for watt. Better sound? No, nothing in the data sheet is a general indicator of that - that is why everyone recommends an audition - your own ears are the best judge.

Mix and match is OK - since you never get to hear both the front and the rear at the same time.
Old 29th February 2008, 11:03   #64
Senior - BHPian

I would prefer same brand and same series speakers in front and back.
Old 29th February 2008, 11:25   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Arrey LBM badshah, you are unique, yaar! All the others are lesser mortals, koi bhi pant aur koi bhi shirt se kaam chala lete hain.
Old 29th February 2008, 11:46   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
LBMji I was thinking of such a setup because shuvc said this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I run 4 x 6.5" Illusion coaxes. Front door and parcel tray.

Initially my 75.4 was driving the fronts + sub. Rears were driven by the HU. I had a problem with this. The rears were very faint. Root cause not identified.

B&T suggested I take your option. Which is how it is wired now. Left Front and Rear to Channel 1, Right Front and Rear to Channel 2,
Sub driven by bridged Channel 3 & 4.
This does produce a centre-rear sound stage, which I am ok with.
Now since Illusion co-axes are 4ohm and the JBL co-axes are 2ohms, I guessed that the HU will push more power into the JBL than the Illusion and it will sound a bit louder.
Old 29th February 2008, 12:06   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now since Illusion co-axes are 4ohm and the JBL co-axes are 2ohms, I guessed that the HU will push more power into the JBL than the Illusion and it will sound a bit louder.
You probably need not worry too much about the loudness aspect of the rears. It is possible to play around with the front and rear 'loudness/volume' by adjusting between the HU volume and the Amp gain for the front compos. In brief, first set HU volume a bit high so that you can hear the rears well and then set the front compo gain on the amp to a low value, so that both sound ok to you.

I have 6.5" round coaxes all around. You could go for Illusion 6x9s oval coaxes in the rear. Power them off HU.
Old 29th February 2008, 13:53   #68
BHPian

Quote:
I have 6.5" round coaxes all around. You could go for Illusion 6x9s oval coaxes in the rear. Power them off HU.
Yes, I think that will be better

I was trying to find out some info about the new JBL GTO 1004 amp but could not find any thread/post about it except the thread where it was announced.

No one got hold of a 1004 yet??
what about Reviews?? cost in grey market??
Old 29th February 2008, 15:30   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, I think that will be better

I was trying to find out some info about the new JBL GTO 1004 amp but could not find any thread/post about it except the thread where it was announced.

No one got hold of a 1004 yet??
what about Reviews?? cost in grey market??
No one knows JBLs better than Sam does
Old 29th February 2008, 16:42   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nripin View Post
No one knows JBLs better than Sam does
Samji where are you???

Quote:
True. However, even when playing just the rears with the fronts and sub disconnected, the sound was very faint. Maybe a HU problem. But that's already discussed in another thread - would be OT here
Can you post the link for that thread here, i'm interested in taking a look
Old 29th February 2008, 17:10   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you post the link for that thread here, i'm interested in taking a look
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ewbie-diy.html

I failed to rectify it so went with the option of powering all speakers from the amp. Maybe I'll someday get a 2-channel amp just for the rears
Old 29th February 2008, 17:45   #72
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...up-baleno.html

Check this thread. Prashanth has bought a 1004 amp.
Old 1st March 2008, 00:50   #73
BHPian

Quote:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...up-baleno.html

Check this thread. Prashanth has bought a 1004 amp.
Quote:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ewbie-diy.html

I failed to rectify it so went with the option of powering all speakers from the amp. Maybe I'll someday get a 2-channel amp just for the rears
Hey Thanks for the links man. Also Prashanth said he got the 1004 for 9300 in grey. I think it's a good buy because the 75.4 was around 8.5K in grey i think.
Old 11th March 2008, 12:34   #74
BHPian

I am looking to source the Alpine HU from US since my friend is returning next month. Alpine has a iDA series which plays from USB and Ipod only (no cd/dvd playback) and FM.

I was typically looking at the iDA x300 & iDA x200 from
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

How are the performance of these HU's?? I have not seen anyone here in TBHP comment on one. Is it worth to spend around 200$ on these HU's (The rates are a bit lesser in many online stores)?? will be great if someone can throw light on it's price in India so I can decide whether to get it here or source it from there .

Also the iDA300 has only one pre-out as against three pre-outs of the iDA200. Now considering that I will use only a 4-ch amp and no separate mono for the sub(and no future upgrades), is it ok if I go for the iDA300 with only one pre-out??
Old 28th April 2008, 16:01   #75
BHPian

Half baked

Quote:
What's the model?? I cant find it on their website. and price?

The more reserch I do, the more confused i get
hehe hehe

Half baked research and knowledge is always a peril. Get your requirements right, be precise on the research, research a few and not all, keep budget in mind, AND listen to them, listen to ur heart! you shall be led!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks