Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2008, 12:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Look at Qms. Also I suspect that the BL and Mms numbers of the IDMax will be higher (than those of the IDQ) but the BL/Mms ratio of the IDmax will be lower than the IDQ.

my guess is that in a ported box the IDq will play louder than the IDmax while the IDmax will suit a sealed box more.

BTW you will not need the full 500W to push the IDQ (in ported box) to it's limit though. It is not the ammount of power you use but the highest clean/transient perfect SPL one can achieve that is important.
Navin Ji I agree with you 100 % one does not need so much power to play music. SPL is another story. I was just comparing the two at same power level.

BL -> The magnetic strength of the motor structure. "Expressed in Tesla meters, this is a measurement of the motor strength of a speaker. Think of this as how good a weightlifter the transducer is. A measured mass is applied to the cone forcing it back while the current required for the motor to force the mass back is measured. The formula is mass in grams divided by the current in amperes. A high BL figure indicates a very strong transducer that moves the cone with authority!"

Mms ->The driver's effective mechanical mass (including air load), in kg. "This parameter is the combination of the weight of the cone assembly plus the ‘driver radiation mass load’. The weight of the cone assembly is easy: it’s just the sum of the weight of the cone assembly components. The driver radiation mass load is the confusing part. In simple terminology, it is the weight of the air (the amount calculated in Vd) that the cone will have to push."

Car Audio: Thiele-Small Parameters
Old 9th February 2008, 12:17   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Navin Ji I agree with you 100 % one does not need so much power to play music. SPL is another story. I was just comparing the two at same power level.
At the same power level...

Firstly putting the IQd in a sealed box would be handicapping that woofer as it is not in it's best element there.

So if you wer to compare the IDq in a ported box and the IDMax in a selaed box both boxes being appropriately designed I would say that the IDq would really rock with a good 100W amp while the IDmax would need a 300W amp to produce the same SPL. Now if you could get the same SPL (and SQ) with less power which woofer would you prefer?
Old 9th February 2008, 12:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

@ Aman - LOL!! Fantastic comparison man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
And I don't think there is no meter to measure horniness of a girl
LBMji please pay a little more attention in the English ki kunji thread by our Yeti Singh! You need it!!
Old 9th February 2008, 12:24   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
@ Aman - LOL!! Fantastic comparison man!
I thought we got beyond this *spanking Rags*
Old 9th February 2008, 13:26   #35
BHPian

@navin - when girls step in, no other comparison is big enough

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks