Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2008, 00:29   #1

Need Advice for ICE in Baleno ???

Hi ppl

I am really confused and need your advice in setting up ICE in my baleno ...

My budget is around 30-35k

I have narrowed down to following configuration.Tell me if its gud

Head Unit : USB support must (Alpine or Pioneer)
Components : Front and Rear (Alpine,Pioneer,Hertz)
Amp : 4 channel for components (Alpine or Pioneer or maybe Audison for Hertz but i guess its way too expensive)
Sub : Apline or Pioneer
Mono Amp : Alpine or Pioneer

Now i am confused as to which brand to go for n which one would fit in the budget and give best quality.....

Plz suggest and would be gud if with precise models n pricing so i can plan accordingly

Thnx in Advance
Rohan

Mod's Note: Do not spam the board by opening the same thread under multiple sections.
Old 12th February 2008, 04:18   #2
BHPian

welcome to the forum rohan. but how can anybody tell you which speaker sounds better than the other.it is you who should make this decision.
you have a wonderful list(just eliminate pioneer from front component speakers)
now you may ask why to eliminate pioneer..because it is my decision.i don't like pioneer for speakers but you may like them moreover may be better than the others mentioned.
so go out and listen to them.the brands you picked are all good/high quality stuff.you won't be disappointed.lastly make sure you use good quality amplifier wiring kits and perfectly made subwoofer boxes.
listen to as many as you can and you may add jbl amplifiers in the list too.very good for the price.
for products specification you may go to their websites
JBL Home Audio - JBL Car Audio - JBL Marine Audio - JBL Home Theater, Theater Systems, Speakers, Stereo, Electronics, Surround Sound Systems - Official Home Page
HERTZ by Elettromedia - Special Car Stereo
[SIZE=-1]www.pioneerelectronics.com
Alpine Electronics, Inc.**alpine.com
[/SIZE]
Old 12th February 2008, 08:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

welcome to t bhp!

you ought to be "really" confused because the equipment mentioned and budget run on parallel lines.

if you're looking for specified brands, please increase your budget else you'll need to decrease the lines of expectations.
Old 12th February 2008, 11:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

No, Rohan, take it easy, you need not increase your budget necessarily, but you should realize the cost is linked with the model line of the brand, and not the brand.

Also, it is not necessary for you to take all items of the same brand mix-n-match works just fine. Also, the budget should be a guidance figure for selecting brand / model, and not a restrictive figure. Most often, it is the deal that you finally get that defines the selection, unless you have very specific model choice (like - mujhe Pio 7950 HU hi lena hai).

1. Pio makes VFM HUs - but only if bought grey. Alpine HUs generally have better sound quality than Pio. Other HU brands are Blaupunkt,
Kenwood, JVC and Clarion - depending on your choice of bling (or not), features and sound preferences, you may find a good HU in these lines
2. Service availability: Blau best, followed by Alpine and JVC. For Clarion and Pio, you will have to depend on local technicians
3. Alpine amps are good, maybe better than Pio; other brands are JBL, Blaupunkt, Hertz; even some others which may not have a fan following but maybe VFM
4. For a sub, JBL would be better VFM than Alpine or Pio; if you are able to balance your budget well, you could think of even an Image Dynamics sub
5. Why do you want to put components in the rear? Indeed, 6x9 from JBL (937), Blau (THc) or even Alpine, on the parcel shelf, would provide good mid-bass fill / feel
6. For the front components, JBL, Blau, Illusion, Hertz - all make better components than most Alpine, and defintiely Pio

Audition the brands & models - as many as you can. You should be able to catch hold of the Delhi / NCR TBHPians for an in-car audition.

And then choose what appeals to your ears and pockets.
Old 12th February 2008, 14:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
And then choose what appeals to your ears and pockets.
O sir jee, main bhi to yehi keh raha hoon. read his bugget, its app 30-35K. how he can buy multi channel and mono and saara ka saara setup itne mein? (due exceptions - buying from backside of lal qila on sundays )

yes, gunbir might help you on this, koi jugaad bana de to!

Last edited by panky12345 : 12th February 2008 at 14:24.
Old 12th February 2008, 15:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
yes, gunbir might help you on this, koi jugaad bana de to!
Gunbir + Jugaad -> not possible.

Kya Pankaj Bhai, Gunbir is not of juggad types, He does only professional work. But I can be at help here.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 12th February 2008 at 15:19.
Old 12th February 2008, 17:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
how he can buy multi channel and mono and saara ka saara setup itne mein? (due exceptions - buying from backside of lal qila on sundays)
Tchah, he doesn't have to visit KB on Sunday! 35K is quite a decent budget for him to get what he wants.

HU 6-9K
4-ch amp 7-10K
Front components (on 2ch of amp) 5-7K
JBL Ovals (937 directly on HU, on parcel tray) 2800
JBL sub 5K (or an ID for 9K if other stuff is cheaper)
Box 1K or IB on parcel tray
Wiring etc. 2K
Labour - jaisi inki shraddha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
But I can be at help here.
Don't dispose off collector's items so easily! After another 5 years it will be worth 10x just with your autograph.
Old 12th February 2008, 19:32   #8

Thnx ppl for ur replies

I guess i have to think over n reduce some requirements to fit in the budget

Does alpine has any usb supported HU except for IDA-X001 which is way too expensive otherwise i guess i have to go for pioneer series which i guess is also very good...

And i have observed that ppl here suggest ovals for rear and refuse for componenets.Any specific reason for this.I guess components give better clearity....
Old 12th February 2008, 20:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanmeets View Post
... And i have observed that ppl here suggest ovals for rear and refuse for componenets.Any specific reason for this.I guess components give better clearity....
I doubt if any Alpine unit has USB. JVC KD-G635 and 735 do.

Components at rear: How much time would you spend in the rear seat to appreciate the 'better' sound of components? If you are the driver, you wouldn't be listening to anything from the rear except bass. If you are in the rear seat, you will most likely be doing something more important that you better be concentrating on rather than bothering about the quality of the music. The money saved could be applied to something else, say, better sub.
Old 13th February 2008, 09:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Tchah, he doesn't have to visit KB on Sunday! 35K is quite a decent budget for him to get what he wants.
O maaalkon!! he's considering alpines, hertz, audison etc. and my comments were based on the opening post.

Waise you've suggested some pretty good options. He can safely go in for the equipment you menioned.

@ LBM : bhai jugaad kai tarah ke hote hain. i was talking about price point wala jugaad.
Old 13th February 2008, 11:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

From my side..

1 ) HU (10 K)
2) front components (7k)
3) 4 channel amp (10k)
4) Sub(5k)
5) wiring (4k)

Now these 5 components are require to make a nice setup. Choose your equipment wisely.
Old 13th February 2008, 12:13   #12
BHPian

If you are going for a sealed-enclosure type sub than invest around 1500/- to 2000/- on the enclosure too. Tust me...you wont regret it.
Old 14th February 2008, 10:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_boom View Post
If you are going for a sealed-enclosure type sub than invest around 1500/- to 2000/- on the enclosure too. Tust me...you wont regret it.
ported enclosure (company made) anyday sir! faaar better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks