Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2008, 00:42   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Is it different from the one in MF's setup ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...lowing-sq.html
Yes it is going to be different from what I heard. It was already the best SQ sub for the price and they were planning to improve it!! How? How? How?
Old 16th February 2008, 01:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bansal View Post
@Vebmetal - You have an amp for 5k (or will get one), how much do you really want to spend on a SQ sub. The list goes on from 3k (pio) - 35k (ID Max) and above. Without that your question makes no sense.

Now from what Ive read here, you have read most of the threads and posted quite a few of your own. If it was any one else he could've gotten suggestions. But youve read it all, you should roughly know the pricing of every product common here (Hertz, Illusion audio, GZ, ID etc etc). So my question is what do you really wanna know that hasnt been said on the forum before.

Now the reason why I have typed this out is - some newbie tried to help YOU (ya you he got nothing out of it) in your playlist thread and you flamed him for not knowing what a playlist is. Dont get ahead of yourself bro. If you expect everyone to know what a playlist is i expect you to READ the forum completely and most likely you'll get your answer.

Mr Bansal
Calm down guys that topic is over and veb apologized too. His budget it 5k for amp. And he wants a sun under 5k. That makes it total of appx. 10k for sub and Amp.
Old 16th February 2008, 01:50   #18
BHPian

Mr Bansal, Let me point out a subtle but very important difference:

Newbie1: What is a playlist?
Newbie2: Dude, be specific when you say "playlist".

The first one is gravy... no issue.. (I am myself a newbie on this forum in most senses except my number of posts.) Newbie2 on the other hand is assuming that he knows more than the poster, when he in fact doesn't even know the basic of what is being talked about. I realize that I shouldn't have been harsh on the guy. In fact, upon reading my post again I realized that it came across entirely not the way I intended it to be. Hence, an apology was tendered. Don't know why that should be a problem for you.

So now, applying this analogy to this topic,

Newbie1: Which sub would give me best SQ with a 180W amp?
Newbie2: Dude, please be specific with what you mean by a "sub"

That is the difference. I can spell it out in more words if it's not clear.

And Mr. Bansal, I don't understand the hostility, but as abhibh pointed out I did in no uncertain terms very specifically lay down my budget. (i.e. 5K grey - new or used).

Last edited by vebmetal : 16th February 2008 at 02:03.
Old 16th February 2008, 01:52   #19

I usually log on late at night, after last i did not read through before I posted. So I guess Mr Bansal should read the forum completely LOL. I apologize for being out of place. Anyways I hope I learn some more, even I am lookin for a cheap SQ sub. Mugen Power still has a Illusion luccent 12" sub left, one yr old and maybe in your range (a steal for what i think).
No issues Vebmetal, Hope you get what your lookin for.

Cheers
Mr Bansal
Old 16th February 2008, 02:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
I have not but I will, when a good sub is suggested to Vebmatel. lol
Kya, boss? Mera to dhaaba plate bana diya

Last edited by vebmetal : 16th February 2008 at 02:04.
Old 16th February 2008, 02:05   #21

Me still being a newbie my post will show before vebmetals but will actually not be seen for a few hrs before its approved (you guys know the drill). So I hope clears everything. Have absolutly no issues with you. Heck I've met you and showed you my car when u were still looking for gear at driven (silver corsa pio 4950 + red astra + octavia). Hope it clears the air.

Mr Bansal
Old 16th February 2008, 02:24   #22
BHPian

Three posts in a row.. bad bad me.

Just to throw a wrench into the whole thing, since no one addressed this, would I be better of getting a 10" sub? (considering I want SQ, i.e. a full spectrum of frequencies - I only mention this because my 8" sub for computer speakers is more than enough for them).
Old 16th February 2008, 04:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

Even an ICE moron like me can tell you that you simply cannot compare the performance of home audio products with car audio products. There are a lot more compromises made in car audio & hence what sounds good in home audio might not sound anywhere near as good as home audio & vice-versa.

So, be careful about deciding your subwoofer based on that.
Old 16th February 2008, 11:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ajay, when the *%^# will this get launched man?? I've been hearing the "Coming soon" line for over 6 months now.
Well, now that just helped you officially forefeit your booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal
Just to throw a wrench into the whole thing, since no one addressed this, would I be better of getting a 10" sub? (considering I want SQ, i.e. a full spectrum of frequencies - I only mention this because my 8" sub for computer speakers is more than enough for them).
iraghava is right (for a change, on a subject besides tyres). Car subs work differently. For a good combination of sensitivity, power handling and space requirements, a 12" is most appropriate. Its not a mere coincidence that they outsell other sizes like 10" and 15" by atleast 1000:1
Old 16th February 2008, 12:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

I also agree that 12 inch is the most versatile size for sub woofer in the car.
Old 18th February 2008, 13:20   #26
BHPian

Ok then, so these are my best options?

1) Ground Zero 30T
2) Ground Zero TW12MK2
3) JBL CS1204
Old 18th February 2008, 13:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Kya, boss? Mera to dhaaba plate bana diya
Mr. Vebmetal, I sincerely apologize for not typing your handle correctly (This sentance sounds too funny to me, lol).
Ok, I can see in the post above that you have decided three brands. Lets see, which one you picks up. When you decide to get it install, do post here one day in advance, so that I can pop in to check the sound.
Old 18th February 2008, 14:40   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ajay, when the *%^# will this get launched man?? I've been hearing the "Coming soon" line for over 6 months now.
Reminds me of Skoda's "The Fabia is coming" line. :-)
Old 18th February 2008, 14:44   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Even an ICE moron like me can tell you that you simply cannot compare the performance of home audio products with car audio products..
I would not call car audio compromised. I would say that that the car enviroment rquires companies to make a different set of compromises for their car and home (and for that matter PA) products.
Old 18th February 2008, 15:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Ok then, so these are my best options?

1) Ground Zero 30T
2) Ground Zero TW12MK2
3) JBL CS1204
That is a nice list.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks