Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2008, 21:52   #1

URGENT HELP:-6inch V/s 6*9inch in Swift (2way or 3 way)

Hi!

I need urgent advice on car audio. I am getting Pioneer HU and Infinity Component for my Swift Vdi from Singapore (Bro coming on 29th Feb). I need urgent advice on Co axials. Should he bring in 6inch speakers or 6*9 inch speakers to be installed on a MDF tray. I have gone thru Naveen Sir's Post and he suggested to put in 6*9 as it allows air to flow.

Also kindly advice if we shld go ahead with 2 way speakers or 3 way speakers. The dealer apparently told him that 3 way speaker will give more shrillness. He suggested that we shd have 2 way speakers and intall woofer. I am not interested in getting woofer installed, may be later.

Pls advice urgently

Regards
Tarun
Old 25th February 2008, 22:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Since your not going for woofer, and you would surely want some bass, i would suggest to get the 6x9s
Old 25th February 2008, 22:55   #3
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarunl View Post
Hi!

I need urgent advice on car audio. I am getting Pioneer HU and Infinity Component for my Swift Vdi from Singapore (Bro coming on 29th Feb). I need urgent advice on Co axials. Should he bring in 6inch speakers or 6*9 inch speakers to be installed on a MDF tray. I have gone thru Naveen Sir's Post and he suggested to put in 6*9 as it allows air to flow.

Also kindly advice if we shld go ahead with 2 way speakers or 3 way speakers. The dealer apparently told him that 3 way speaker will give more shrillness. He suggested that we shd have 2 way speakers and intall woofer. I am not interested in getting woofer installed, may be later.

Pls advice urgently

Regards
Tarun
Go for 6x9 as you have not mentioned a sub. They will provde a better bass.
OT: any reason for selecting Pio over Alpine HU
Old 26th February 2008, 01:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

The prices of pioneer HU in Singapore and grey Indian prices are quite similar. So I would suggest to get the stuff from here only.
Old 26th February 2008, 10:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have gone thru Naveen Sir's Post and he suggested to put in 6*9 as it allows air to flow
He must have meant something else / said it in a different way about 6x9 being a better choice. Definitely 6.5" does not prevent air from flowing.
Old 26th February 2008, 10:50   #6
Team-BHP Support

I think he is talking about moving more air. a 6x9 will more more air than a 6".
Old 26th February 2008, 16:24   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
Go for 6x9 as you have not mentioned a sub. They will provde a better bass.
OT: any reason for selecting Pio over Alpine HU
Alpine is better then Pioneer but it is expensive. Pio 5050 is costing about 6K
Old 26th February 2008, 16:42   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I think he is talking about moving more air. a 6x9 will more more air than a 6".
I am going ahead with 6*9 as suggested. The breakup:-

HU - Pioneer 5050
Component:- Infinity 6020 CS
Co Axial:- JBL GTO 937
Amp:- Blanupunt
Woofer:- None

Please advice if :-
  1. I shd get 2 way or 3 way speakers at the rear.
  2. What is the ideal place for installing the tweeters in SWIFT. There is no provision on the doors
  3. Is it necessary to have damping done at the rear. I ain't interested in shelling out additional 2K for this
  4. Where do i get it installed from? Maruti Dealer???
Regards
Tarun
Old 26th February 2008, 16:53   #9
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Alpine is better then Pioneer but it is expensive. Pio 5050 is costing about 6K
And it's available here for under 6.5K. I think it would be better to buy here, from a reputed dealer, someone whom you can go back in case of any issues with the HU.
Old 26th February 2008, 17:15   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Please advice if :-
  2. What is the ideal place for installing the tweeters in SWIFT. There is no provision on the doors
  3. Is it necessary to have damping done at the rear. I ain't interested in shelling out additional 2K for this
Regards
Tarun
Put 3 ways in the Rear

Try the Pillar(or what ever you call it lol) thats where i've put it its nice i liked it.

Since you are putting an amp get it done by some one who knows how to install ICE
Old 26th February 2008, 18:13   #11
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
I am going ahead with 6*9 as suggested. The breakup:-

Co Axial:- JBL GTO 937
Regards
Tarun
1. GTO937 is a 3 way speaker
2. 'A' pillar
3a. not necessary for rear. 937's have to be fitted on the MDF tray in the boot.
3b. yes, you will get better results if you damp the front doors and install the infinity's
Old 26th February 2008, 20:57   #12
Senior - BHPian

forget the shrill ness get the gto937s if you want lesser shrill ness then decrease the amp/ HU gains , the three ways are actually awesome ones!
Old 26th February 2008, 22:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it necessary to have damping done at the rear. I ain't interested in shelling out additional 2K for this
Since you are not installing speakers in the rear door, you need not. Just make sure the 'plank' is snug fitting and does not rattle.

But the hatch may need some minor stuffing / damping (e.g. number plate, hatch door pad etc.).
Old 27th February 2008, 12:57   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
1. GTO937 is a 3 way speaker
2. 'A' pillar
3a. not necessary for rear. 937's have to be fitted on the MDF tray in the boot.
3b. yes, you will get better results if you damp the front doors and install the infinity's
Please pardon my ignorance. I dunno much about the A Pillar. I have seen pics in this forum where ppl have got the tweeters installed on the doors after getting a seperate provision for this. However, its a very delicate job and an unprofessional may spoil it and do a shabby job.

[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
Old 27th February 2008, 16:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please pardon my ignorance. I dunno much about the A Pillar. I have seen pics in this forum where ppl have got the tweeters installed on the doors after getting a seperate provision for this. However, its a very delicate job and an unprofessional may spoil it and do a shabby job.
The pillar between the front windshield and the door mirror. And tweeter is supposed to put at its base near the RVM controls.

Most Viewed