Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2008, 20:48   #1
BANNED

connecting ipod to jvc stereo

hey guys i want to know that how an ipod can be connected to a jvc stereo through cd changer port. are those cables needed for such connection are available in india. can i be able to control the ipod through the stereo. pls help.........thanx in advance. stereo mpodel is jvc f210

Last edited by harry2223 : 3rd March 2008 at 20:53. Reason: error in typing
Old 4th March 2008, 10:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

@harry2223, this model does not seem to support any other input device. You can check the user manual for the pin-out of the CD Changer port, IF IT EXISTS (info available does not say whether such a port exists on this HU). If there is a pin-out, maybe someone can suggest the materials and instructions needed to make such a cable.

Since this is not an HU which says "iPod compatible" or "iPod ready", it will not be possible to control the iPod from the HU. You will have to control at the iPod itself.

An alternate method is to use a cassette adapter connected to the headphone socket of the iPod. You can buy a good one like Sony, and the sound will not be too bad.
Old 4th March 2008, 18:09   #3
BANNED

i have read this on internet that it is possibble to connnect ipod through cd changer port and even control it.jvc f210 has a cd changer port at the back i have seen it
Old 4th March 2008, 18:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
i have read this on internet that it is possibble to connnect ipod through cd changer port and even control it.jvc f210 has a cd changer port at the back i have seen it
Sure, it should be possible as is done with older Pioneer models that didn't have RCA Aux-in. Check for TBHP threads that describe how it was done. You will only need the pin numbers to connect correctly.
Old 4th March 2008, 18:40   #5
Awaiting Email Confirmation

dude theres a cable that runs from ipod to cd changer control port available on various sites with a control box that lets your player control the i-pod just google it
Old 4th March 2008, 19:12   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
dude theres a cable that runs from ipod to cd changer control port available on various sites with a control box that lets your player control the i-pod just google it
are those cables available in india
Old 5th March 2008, 01:49   #7
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Well the other way is you use a 3.5mm jack cable to the regular jvc aux in port. Do u remember those cables we used for portable cd players to home systems the ones with a small headphone pin and two red and black ones. that one. easily available anywhere.
I have a touch thats why all the problems...if I had an I POD well this would have taken care of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks