Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 18:12   #1

Connect N73 Music Edition to Pioneer 6950 using Aux IN

Hi Friends,

Am planning to connect my Nokia N73 music edition( comes with 2 GB inbuilt memory card) to Pioneer 6950IB player in my swift using AUX in, or any other method if you guys can suggest. I beleive Aux In would do good, correct me if am wrong.

I tried looking for the Aux In Port in my head unit but could not find it, i beleive its on the rear side, on the front panel its just written AUX IN.

Am not sure if i can do it myself, or do i need to take it to the dealer.
Is there any extra fitment or any cable do i need to buy for the connection. Let me know about the name of the cable.

Kindly let me know the exact procedure and accessories required to connect my phone to the headunit successfully

Thanks for all your help in advance.
Let me know if you guys have any questions for me.

MODS - If am posting on the incorrect section, kindly move it to the correct location.
Old 4th March 2008, 19:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Should appear as a flash disk if you connect to the 6950 USB port using the same USB cable that you connect to PC with.
Old 4th March 2008, 19:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Do the models ending in IB have Full USB support ? I thought they were Only for players blessed by his Jobsness

Edit : more info

Last edited by greenhorn : 4th March 2008 at 19:32.
Old 4th March 2008, 19:39   #4
BHPian

6950IB doesnt have Bluetooth support.

The Aux-In port is located at the back. I think you can use one of those handsfree sets that have a 3.5mm female connector at one end. You can connect a stereo extension cable to this.
Old 4th March 2008, 20:33   #5
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I've used N73ME + Handsfree kit (without headphones) + 3.5mm on both ends cable + CD changer to 3.5mm female input cable.

THe system worked well. N73 comes with a POP port based handsfree where u do get to control the music, this also has a MIC. The volume output was a bit low so i had to switch on LOUD on the Audio settings in music player on phone also set all the BARS in the equaliser (on fone) to highest.

whenever a call came the voice would come through the speakers will i could speak and the handsfree would easily catch it. I'm using Pioneer 8650
Old 4th March 2008, 23:56   #6

Well thanx for your reply friends, as aditya said that the Aux In is located at the back of the head unit. So, do i need to take it to the dealer to connect the audio in jack, or can i do it by myself, hope its easy and safe.

So, is the sound quality gona be good, and will it harm my cell phone, would my cell phone be able to power the head unit.
Thanks for all ur help in advance.
Old 5th March 2008, 00:29   #7
BHPian

I don't think it will give you good sound effect or the quality, because i used it before and i was not satisfied now i am using video i pod using the pioneer cable cd-1200.
Old 5th March 2008, 20:14   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsats View Post
Hi Friends,

Am planning to connect my Nokia N73 music edition( comes with 2 GB inbuilt memory card) to Pioneer 6950IB player in my swift using AUX in, or any other method if you guys can suggest. I beleive Aux In would do good, correct me if am wrong.

I tried looking for the Aux In Port in my head unit but could not find it, i beleive its on the rear side, on the front panel its just written AUX IN.

Am not sure if i can do it myself, or do i need to take it to the dealer.
Is there any extra fitment or any cable do i need to buy for the connection. Let me know about the name of the cable.

Kindly let me know the exact procedure and accessories required to connect my phone to the headunit successfully

Thanks for all your help in advance.
Let me know if you guys have any questions for me.

MODS - If am posting on the incorrect section, kindly move it to the correct location.
N73music edition comes with the neccessary cabling to do the same. However sound quality is not excellent.
Old 1st May 2008, 17:44   #9
BHPian

similiar query

I have installed a pioneer deh-p4050ub HU.While I can play music from my ipod on it using usb,when I connect my motorola v3i to usb it gives error 19.I have tried connecting a pen drive also,but it same problem.How do I listen to songs stored on my phone through usb of HU????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks