Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 18:22   #1
BHPian

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT

The Packers and Movers (Relianse, Bangalore) screwed up my car stereo deck on transit an lots more. Anyway, have to go for a new deck now. Planning to get it from US for the cost factor. One of my friends coming in few days hence want a suggestion ASAP.

No I have not lost it .. I understand that these are 2 different categories altogether but was just confused about which one to buy. Few answers from you might make it simpler.

My requirements started with a Blue tooth compatibility for a complete hands free solution, compatible with my i-pod and something which can hook up to my already installed pioneer 12 CD changer. The only option that made me jump my budget from 15K INR to 25K INR was the AVH-P4000DVD with which I have to add a CD-BTB200 Bluetooth Adapter to meet my requirement. Effectively making the cost about $600. I have everything else installed in the car. It's just the deck I would like suggestions on.

PIONEER AVH-P4000DVD
------------------------
- Will it fit a 2006 Model Swift VXi ?
- Do you think it is worth $500 ?
- Stupid question but since the LCD does not have a color control ... I have my doubts if it is a colored display ? Any clarity on that ?
- Any suggestion within the 25K INR mark which can be of the same genre.

Pioneer DEH-P7900BT
---------------------
- Any better option that this ?
Old 4th March 2008, 18:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

for 25K it worth, as its a brand new product. You can use it in your Swift. And yes, its a color display
Old 4th March 2008, 18:41   #3
BHPian

colored as in normal Visual displays .. like a laptop screen .. with all colors ... where we can watch a video ? (how much more dumb can I sound to get the exact requirement)

If all colors ... and worth it .. time to place the order
Old 4th March 2008, 19:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

I use a AVH-P4950dvd yess its colour screen and clarity of the video is just amazing.all i have attached to it is a reverse night vision camera,you can even add a BT and Ipod to it which i am least interested to buy and would be the last option on my list.

The unit is fitted in a Getz in same single din slot you can check the pics here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...etz-ice-d.html

cheers....

Ramie
Old 4th March 2008, 19:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
colored as in normal Visual displays .. like a laptop screen .. with all colors ... where we can watch a video ? (how much more dumb can I sound to get the exact requirement)

If all colors ... and worth it .. time to place the order

Yes my friend like in laptops. And its touch screen too.
Old 4th March 2008, 20:16   #6
BHPian

That's one heck of a a setup you have there Ramie. After looking into various options I have decided to settle for the AVH-P4000DVD along with the CD-BTB200 bluetooth adapter.

Thanks for the input. Will update about the quality when I get it installed.
Old 19th March 2008, 22:00   #7
BHPian

Placed the order for AVH-P4000DVD. It is not yet in stores. It is like a backorder. My friend who is supposed to get it is coming sometime in May, so I hope it should be out in stores by then.

Just have few doubts

- I am planning to install CD-BTB200 along with it. Any idea if it is compatible with Moto1200 or not. Had called the Pioneer USA support, the rep said .. It should connect through bluetooth but it depends on the GSM carrier you are using.

- I already have a Pioneer 12CD changer in my car. How much of a compatibility issue can it be with this head ? This might sound stupid but does the capability of reading DVDs and CDs depend on the head or the changer or both ?

- Any GOOD ICE installer in Kolkata cause the service stations I found here were not as good as the ones in Bangalore so not sure about the ICE providers.

This is for the time being. More of these questions when I get the set.
Old 20th March 2008, 13:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- I am planning to install CD-BTB200 along with it. Any idea if it is compatible with Moto1200 or not. Had called the Pioneer USA support, the rep said .. It should connect through bluetooth but it depends on the GSM carrier you are using.

No, it all depends on what you want to do and the profiles that are supported on either side on Bluetooth. The most common usage is call control (make / accept / reject / close) and the associated voice channel. This any phone and HU will support if it says "Bluetooth 1.0 or 2.0". The other is audio streaming, where audio packets (stereo; normal voice is mono) are streamed from handset to HU for playback. Unless the HU AND the handset support streaming, you cannot use it.

Quote:
- I already have a Pioneer 12CD changer in my car. How much of a compatibility issue can it be with this head ? This might sound stupid but does the capability of reading DVDs and CDs depend on the head or the changer or both ?
On the READ electronics of the Changer in this case.
- If the Changer supports only Audio CDs, it will not support Data (MP3) or DVD
- If Data (MP3), then Data and Audio CDs, but not DVDs
- If DVD, then CD (incl. audio and MP3/data) is a subset and will be read

Beyond this, it is an issue with the CONTROL INTERFACE supported on the Head Unit and the changer. So, a Pio changer is unlikely to to be controlled (it will play audio ONLY WHEN it is commanded to do so) from a Kenwood or JVC HU and vice versa. Within the Pio family, the changer control interface is identical so any Pio HU should be able to (expected to) control any Pio changer.

Quote:
- Any GOOD ICE installer in Kolkata cause the service stations I found here were not as good as the ones in Bangalore so not sure about the ICE providers.
Get in touch (PM) the Kolkata TBHPians (like @shuvc, @shuvd, @nura etc.) if they do not reply already on the thread.
Old 20th March 2008, 15:52   #9
BHPian

@DerAlte : Thanks for the detailed reply.

Any idea how to test if MotoA1200 has streaming Capability or not ? I have a bluetooth enabled laptop with me, will that help.

For the ICE shops in Kolkata I will wait for the response from Kolkata members or else will PM them
Old 20th March 2008, 18:11   #10
BHPian

Please ignore my previous stupid question. I use a bluetooth head set every day and still came up with this question about "testing" streaming. Pardong my ignorance.

I would just have to wait now for someone from Kolkata to enlighten me about the BEST ICE shops with good technicians.
Old 7th April 2008, 15:06   #11
BHPian

I had read the caution message of getting more confused but I am liking it as my options are growing.

Anyway, I am gearing up for my first ICE makeover. Just to highlight what I have decided .. what I want.

What I have decided on

- HU : AVH-P4000DVD
- Blaunkpunt 2 front door speakers
- 2 Pioneer tweeters, front
- 2 Pioneer TS-2150
- Amp : Pioneer 6300

What I need to know about

- 1 Subwoofer. Which one at one price ? Do I need them considering the 2 TS-2150 speakers.
- 1 Amp for driving the sub if a Sub is recommended.
- New set of cabling.
- Damping if required.

I am not planning to spend more than 30K on the things that I have not decided upon (second section). For the rest of it, I have it in place.

Now I am ready for the options with an open mind
Old 7th May 2008, 14:31   #12
BHPian

Help Needed On An Urgent Basis !!!!!!!

Now I REALLY REALLY need your help cause the HU has arrived I would be getting the installation done over this weekend. I need to go shopping for that.

What I already have,

- Blaunkpunt 2 front door speakers (Do not remember the model)
- 2 Pioneer tweeters, front (Do not remember the model)
- 2 Pioneer Speakers in the rear parcel tray, TS-2150

What I need to shop for,

- Cables for the whole setup within 2K-3K
- Subwoofer within 8K
- Amp for the Sub within 5K-8K
- Amp for the rest of the speakers within 8K

Help on this would be Highly appreciated. I do not want to regret later for not taking a "second" opinion over here.
Old 7th May 2008, 16:56   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
- Blaunkpunt 2 front door speakers (Do not remember the model)
- 2 Pioneer tweeters, front (Do not remember the model)
- 2 Pioneer Speakers in the rear parcel tray, TS-2150

What I need to shop for,

- Cables for the whole setup within 2K-3K
- Subwoofer within 8K
- Amp for the Sub within 5K-8K
- Amp for the rest of the speakers within 8K
Are the Blau front door speakers coax or just component woofers? I suspect they might be coax in which case you might find you do not need the Pioneer tweeters.

I hope the Pioneer tweeters are not the famed TS20s.

If the Blau front speakers are just component woofers and the tweeters you have are NOT the TS20 what crossover are you using?

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th May 2008 at 18:22. Reason: fixed end quote :)
Old 7th May 2008, 16:57   #14
Senior - BHPian

hey abhishek, congrats on finally getting the HU. Just wondering , any special reason to stick to the 2150's ?
Old 7th May 2008, 17:57   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Are the Blau front door speakers coax or just component woofers? I suspect they might be coax in which case you might find you do not need the Pioneer tweeters.

I hope the Pioneer tweeters are not the famed TS20s.

If the Blau front speakers are just component woofers and the tweeters you have are NOT the TS20 what crossover are you using?
Navin I am as confused about these terms as I always was. With all the questions you have asked all I can reply to with my limited knowledge of terms to be used, Yes the tweeter is a TS20 and the Speakers are coax as I remember mentioned by my car dealer and infact was also adviced to leave the tweeter but for some reason I insisted for it.

Anyway, so which cabling, sub and amps do you suggest for my existing setup within the price mentioned ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
hey abhishek, congrats on finally getting the HU. Just wondering , any special reason to stick to the 2150's ?
Thanks man. I just hope it works after travelling USA, Paris, Bangalore and now Kolkata. As for the TS-2150, I like the bass in it and do not want to dump that for a new set of speakers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks