Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 17:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
rear co-ax run purely on HU power sound pathetic. If you tune up the volume the sound is bound to break. Best is to match it to an amp.

Now you got an additional amp purchase pending ( we suggest you go for a mono to power the sub and use remaining for your rear and front comps). Welcome to the ice thread

Would suggest a four channel and a mono. Less wiring and space.
Old 7th March 2008, 22:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Would suggest a four channel and a mono. Less wiring and space.
i am having a hangover effect of the ICE thread. spent about 22 hours in fixing the problems on my ICE. right from mismatch to unsatisfied results. i have spent almost 20 k for R&D purpose. it was a tiry thrusday for me and the ICE installer. we started at 10 in the morning and ended up at 9.30 in the night.
we tried the sony 1000W sub, the pio 307 sub , the chicago sub in my old box, with no major change in quality. then we went to the philips state of art R&D centre, who had a smaller box but again the sub sounded pathetic.
we then put the 500W jbl base tube. but the punch of the tube was more or less same as the philips sub. then i tried the 1000W jbl base tube. but my sony 2 channel amp wasnt powering it to its full capacity. so i dropped the plans as i had no funds to spare. it was also not sounding good to my liking on the sony 2 channel amp.
then we called the workshop where they manufacture the enclosures. we asked them to send 3-4 patterns which will be the copy of original. we tried the JBL base Reflex enclosure. and it improved the sound quality 20-30%.
after this tiry exercise and swapping of amps 10 times we landed up in a major disaster, THE ALTERNATOR WHINE . but we gave up yesterday since we all were drained out. then thanks to team-bhp, technocrat, deralte and other gurus, i read all the posts about alternator whine and took a 5 page print out. again today i went to the installer. we did all the wiring again. the battery cables from the centre of the car, the RCA cables from the extreme right and left. still the problem wasnt solved. then we changed the amp and found that amp was the culprit.
thank god the amp was under warranty. within 5 min i got the replacement.
now i am enjoying good sound and a satisfactory sub. i was trying to benchmark TECHNOCRATS alto. but i dont think i will get that effect in mine. he has a sony 4 channel amp and 1300watts sony sub. sounds amazing.
lets see when i gather more funds i will do something revolutionary.
Old 14th March 2008, 12:45   #18
BHPian

The sony 1000W sub is not too bad either. When I play it to the max in my Alto with the right quality track , you can feel the foot-pedals vibrate.

I think I have to that Driven for the terrific enclosure...
Old 14th March 2008, 13:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_boom View Post
The sony 1000W sub is not too bad either. When I play it to the max in my Alto with the right quality track , you can feel the foot-pedals vibrate.

I think I have to that Driven for the terrific enclosure...
hey, i got a new powerfull amp the JBL 74.4. now i have more than enough power to run almost any sub. what do u suggest
1.GT4-12
2.GT5-12
3.GZ MK2
Old 14th March 2008, 14:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
hey, i got a new powerfull amp the JBL 74.4. now i have more than enough power to run almost any sub. what do u suggest
1.GT4-12
2.GT5-12
3.GZ MK2
U mean 75.4. Amit listen to all the above mentioned subs. If u are on a budget then JBL is good but if u can spend around 5k+ for a sub GZ seems to be a good option.
Old 14th March 2008, 14:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
U mean 75.4. Amit listen to all the above mentioned subs. If u are on a budget then JBL is good but if u can spend around 5k+ for a sub GZ seems to be a good option.
yes yes sorry typo 75.4. its an amazing amp. 284 watts on bridged mode. ya jbl gt5 is for 3300 and mk2 5490. its very costly. lets see. but i think GZ is team bhp favourite
Old 14th March 2008, 19:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My new Setup:
1. Pioneer 5050 UB Head unit.
2. JBL GTO 937 rear speakers.
Looking at the same setup, how is JBL GTO 937 speaker?
Old 14th March 2008, 21:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
they are the best VFM. they are the best rear fillers u get for just 2500-2700 rs. but they sound bright. depends on ur taste. but they are the best selling
Old 14th March 2008, 22:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
they are the best VFM. they are the best rear fillers u get for just 2500-2700 rs. but they sound bright. depends on ur taste. but they are the best selling
I agree, they are easily the best speakers in that range, and even one above!
Old 15th March 2008, 19:22   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
9/10 people on this forum must have them as their co-axials
Old 15th March 2008, 21:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

All you people in this Thread.

After extensive research and seeing what TBhp recomends and avoids, I went ahead with a

Pioneer 3050UB - 5800Rs (Grey)
JBL GTO937 and GTO427 front and rear - 4500Rs (B/W)
Sony XM-ZR602 - 2950Rs

Highlight of all this, Got entire rewiring (Schoshe), Sound Packing, Rear Door Pad, done by Anwar and Boys at Auto Fusion-Kormangla, Bangalore. Spent 2500, but my alto is heaven now.

All you 1st timers and Novices, (which I was until today), Please keep aside 20% of your ICE Budget to installation, Or just dont do it, Wait for a few more months before saving the money.
Old 15th March 2008, 22:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post

After extensive research and seeing what TBhp recomends and avoids, I went ahead with a

Sony XM-ZR602 - 2950Rs

Highlight of all this, Got entire rewiring (Schoshe), Sound Packing, Rear Door Pad, done by Anwar and Boys at Auto Fusion-Kormangla, Bangalore. Spent 2500, but my alto is heaven now.

All you 1st timers and Novices, (which I was until today), Please keep aside 20% of your ICE Budget to installation, Or just dont do it, Wait for a few more months before saving the money.
hu was a bit costlier. the JBL with b/w were a good steal. i had got sony amp for 3300rs with bill and warranty.
what about the plans for sub?
Old 16th March 2008, 21:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hu was a bit costlier. the JBL with b/w were a good steal. i had got sony amp for 3300rs with bill and warranty.
what about the plans for sub?
i have a HUGE SUB (like structure at the back) called a 45 Liter Lovato LPG Tank gives a lot of bass

So had to settle for this arrangement.

how much do u get the HU 3050 for?

Append - Spent 2500 for Scosche wiring from Auto Fusion, Anwar. That brought out the quality of the entire setup. very satisfied now.
Old 16th March 2008, 22:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have a HUGE SUB (like structure at the back) called a 45 Liter Lovato LPG Tank gives a lot of bass

So had to settle for this arrangement.

how much do u get the HU 3050 for?

Append - Spent 2500 for Scosche wiring from Auto Fusion, Anwar. That brought out the quality of the entire setup. very satisfied now.
Good to know that the wiring has come out well. What are the other options at Auto Fusion other than Scosche? I do not know much about wiring.

Congrats dude.
Old 16th March 2008, 22:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sony XM-ZR602 - 2950Rs

Having burnt my fingers with poor installation, I have decided to spend money for quality installation from nowon.

Santhosh, The price looks good. From where did you source the stuff?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks