Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2008, 01:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

cheapest but decent quality ICE i have come across!

there was this person at sprocket who had placed an order online and was waiting for his friend to get the HU from abroad.

and since his friend's plans delayed he wanted a music system in the car and was very skeptical to spend as he had plans to spend on better ice later but was willing to get the most basic set up for the next 3 months!

he had a N91 the 8 gig phone and an Ipod.

he bought a 2 channel sony 602 amp
a pair of jbl coaxials for the front i guess he paid some 3.5k for the speakers.
he ran the whole setup using either his Ipod or the N91.

can has any one done this/ or seen this before?
i was like why did in the world do we spend so much on the HU and the set up? this is the most basic and decent ICE in a car.

he had plans for a double din jvc and four speakers, so he bought two round coaxials that he later on can put in the rear door of the swift and buy a decent component set for the front and run the components using sony and the rear speakers using the HU and was not interested in the sub! could not get the pictures will try and get them next time i meet him!

now let the thoughts flow guys!

Last edited by rider60 : 6th March 2008 at 01:10.
Old 6th March 2008, 01:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

I used to have a discman, Self made amp using two TDA 9444 IC. Two Bolton 8 Inch subs and twoBolton dome MT-30 tweeters in my car in my early ICE days. And I was very much satisfied with the sound after spending about Rs 2500 on the whole except the discman.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 6th March 2008 at 01:16.
Old 6th March 2008, 01:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I used to have a discman, Self made amp using two TDA 9444 IC. Two Bolton 8 Inch subs and twoBolton dome MT-30 tweeters in my car in my early ICE days. And I was very much satisfied with the sound after spending about Rs 2500 on the whole except the discman.

so the setups i have described and the one described by you would definately suit a person who wants to spend the minimum and get a decent sound in the car right?
hahhhahaah, reminds me of the autos and the one tonners with the local speakers and players.
Old 6th March 2008, 01:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
hahhhahaah, reminds me of the autos and the one tonners with the local speakers and players.

One thing I wanna add here. Bolton speakers are not one toner type. They are some good speaker best suited for people who are on very tight budget DIY.
Old 6th March 2008, 02:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post

he had a N91 the 8 gig phone and an Ipod.
Problem arises when his phone rings in the middle of a drive.
iPod is a good idea. But again, if somebody else is using the car, it will be practically running without an ICE.

i think buying a player (iPod/DVD/CD) dedicated to the car will solve the problem. but i am not sure how long they will survive if you leave them in car in all kinds of weather.

apart from that, people have different reasons for buying other components.
Old 6th March 2008, 03:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Problem arises when his phone rings in the middle of a drive.
iPod is a good idea. But again, if somebody else is using the car, it will be practically running without an ICE.

i think buying a player (iPod/DVD/CD) dedicated to the car will solve the problem. but i am not sure how long they will survive if you leave them in car in all kinds of weather.

apart from that, people have different reasons for buying other components.
its a self driven single owner car, hence the decision, and after all the owner claims to be waiting for his double din JVC HU, so just the and spoke to the owner and was like sort of wowed by the decision taken and i was seeing this for the first time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks