Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 16:33   #46
BHPian

The passives only offer 2dB attenuation which is not enough in the case of Dyns thats why I was suggesting you to go active, you can buy go for a smaller 2-channel just for the tweeters.

The tweeter if installed far from the midbass using passive network sounds little disjointed. The overall blending and integration is not there. By running them active you can play with level, crossover, delay etc and achieve seamless integration.

We have not sold Audison "Thesis" in india. But you can definitely listen to Mille & Genesis setup.

Re "Moniker Names" : I find it little strange calling any human being "Bhagwan"

Last edited by Autophile : 12th March 2008 at 16:37.
Old 12th March 2008, 16:43   #47
BHPian

'B' is good for me !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Re "Moniker Names" : I find it little strange calling any human being "Bhagwan"
Sir,

'B' is good;

Please do not use real names.

If you could edit your earlier post, where names have been used, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 12th March 2008, 16:46   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The tweeter if installed far from the midbass using passive network sounds little disjointed. The overall blending and integration is not there. By running them active you can play with level, crossover, delay etc and achieve seamless integration.
Changing the phase of the tweeter takes cares a lots of disjoints if wired in a passive network as I have personally observed and done in Zucherro Safari which has the 242.
Old 12th March 2008, 16:55   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Changing the phase of the tweeter takes cares a lots of disjoints if wired in a passive network as I have personally observed and done in Zucherro Safari which has the 242.
I know that LBM. But we are referring to System 240 here. System 240 suffers from this problem far more than System 242.

Last edited by Autophile : 12th March 2008 at 17:00.
Old 12th March 2008, 16:57   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
Sir,

'B' is good;

Please do not use real names.

If you could edit your earlier post, where names have been used, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry 'B', I cannot edit my post now. I would request mods to change the names.
Old 12th March 2008, 18:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know that LBM. But we are referring to System 240 here. System 240 suffers from this problem far more than System 242.
I know that but the System 242 also suffers from the same problem.
Old 12th March 2008, 18:38   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The MD100 (Tweeters) sounded bright always even after many hours of breaking in.
Wow JB, are you serious?

I have found them to be extremely well detailed and behaved in every aspect in all two of the installs I have heard. One hadn't even broken in. Lets see how it goes with "B" 's Ts.
Old 12th March 2008, 19:02   #53
BHPian

Auditions were not offered !!

Gentlemen this is exactly I had requested for Auditions;

No one except LBM & B/T offered me any.

I was so keen to listen to SQ set ups before I went ahead with what ever I purchased.

If PTC would have offered me Morel / DLS / SS / Helix / Brax etc. etc
I could have taken a 'more informed' descision.

Even the D & D [Dealers & Distributors] from ND - although offered great advice, no one gave me any car in Mumbai to listen to; Strange & Sad !!
I am sure there must be a lot of 200 K + Installs in Mumbai. Some of which would have been SQ installs.

MB Quart & Illusion I already had, so B & T's offer was not of much use to me. It was already installed in my cars.

In any case, the damage has been done.
The equipment has been purchased and paid for.
Now, I need to 'salvage' the situation.
Try and install it in the best possible manner - not 'bright' I hope.
Time will tell !!!

Old 12th March 2008, 20:43   #54
BHPian

Quote:
I know that but the System 242 also suffers from the same problem.
I have mentioned it LBM. Please read my post carefully. FYI it happens because of the crossover slopes used by Dynaudio. And they have not changed in between System 240 & 242.

To get the best out of passive networks the drivers needs to be in the close proximity to each other because of shallow slopes.

Last edited by Autophile : 12th March 2008 at 20:53.
Old 12th March 2008, 20:55   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Wow JB, are you serious?

I have found them to be extremely well detailed and behaved in every aspect in all two of the installs I have heard. One hadn't even broken in. Lets see how it goes with "B" 's Ts.
Yes I'm. Maybe my ears are little sensitive towards HF . I never said that they are not detailed. I am only saying that they sound bright when placed high, far away from mid bass and running on passives.
Old 12th March 2008, 21:04   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen this is exactly I had requested for Auditions;

No one except LBM & B/T offered me any.

I was so keen to listen to SQ set ups before I went ahead with what ever I purchased.

If PTC would have offered me Morel / DLS / SS / Helix / Brax etc. etc
I could have taken a 'more informed' descision.

Even the D & D [Dealers & Distributors] from ND - although offered great advice, no one gave me any car in Mumbai to listen to; Strange & Sad !!
I am sure there must be a lot of 200 K + Installs in Mumbai. Some of which would have been SQ installs.

MB Quart & Illusion I already had, so B & T's offer was not of much use to me. It was already installed in my cars.

In any case, the damage has been done.
The equipment has been purchased and paid for.
Now, I need to 'salvage' the situation.
Try and install it in the best possible manner - not 'bright' I hope.
Time will tell !!!

Never said that you made a wrong choice. But you could have bought better which of course includes spending more money.

I am just trying to help you achieve better result as I have used the Dyns for a very long period in different setups. And undoubtedly they are one of my favorite car audio speakers.
Old 12th March 2008, 22:19   #57
BHPian

Better options ???

Quote:
Never said that you made a wrong choice. But you could have bought better which of course includes spending more money.

I am just trying to help you achieve better result as I have used the Dyns for a very long period in different setups. And undoubtedly they are one of my favorite car audio speakers.
What would you have opted for ?
I got the Dynes @ Rs. 30/- K
I could have gone up to 40/- K
What would you suggest up to that price point ?

Why ?
In order of preferance - please....

Suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 13th March 2008, 11:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have mentioned it LBM. Please read my post carefully. FYI it happens because of the crossover slopes used by Dynaudio. And they have not changed in between System 240 & 242.

To get the best out of passive networks the drivers needs to be in the close proximity to each other because of shallow slopes.
Sir I have read your post. I only wanna say is that the 242 also suffer from the same problem you were commenting for 240.

I dont think that only crossover slopes can cause this. There are other products in the market which play good even after having 6db slopes both on the midbass and the tweeter. which is not in the case of Dyna which has 6 db on the midbass and 12 db on the tweeter.
Old 13th March 2008, 12:07   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Sir I have read your post. I only wanna say is that the 242 also suffer from the same problem you were commenting for 240.

I dont think that only crossover slopes can cause this. There are other products in the market which play good even after having 6db slopes both on the midbass and the tweeter. which is not in the case of Dyna which has 6 db on the midbass and 12 db on the tweeter.
LBM, if I may know if not crossover slopes than what can cause this. Good quality driver can run on a shallow slopes crossover but to achieve the best integration the driver should be close proximity to each other which involves lot of installation effort. Moreover the Dynaudio tweeter only comes with a flush mounting option which leaves very few places to mount it in the car. Thats why you will see most of Dynaudio installs running active and semi active (in case of 3 Way).

What other products are you talking about and out of them how many have you A-B's in the same car on the same electronics and cables.
Old 13th March 2008, 12:10   #60
BHPian

Quote:
What would you have opted for ?
I got the Dynes @ Rs. 30/- K
I could have gone up to 40/- K
What would you suggest up to that price point ?

Why ?
In order of preferance - please....

Suggestions would be appreciated.
Dyns are good choice. Stick to them. There are not many speakers to list when it comes to Dyns.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks