Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2008, 15:33   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
Navin, I have put three layers of Damping on 3 parts of the door.
Not one on top of the other.

If you see the pictures clearly, you shall notice that 2 parts are visible. The 3rd one is the plastic cover - that fits on to the door. All 3 parts have been covered with damping.

Therefore the Dynaudio has enough place to be mounted & more to spare behind it.....
Bhagwan,

Good work. 2 thumbs up (the thumbs up smiley is not working lol)
Are you going to seal the doors? Or the big holes would be left open? I mean, the door panel on which the door handle is mounted. i think you should seal it off too.

If you are not going to seal them, please let me know the reason why.

Cheers.

Last edited by clipto333 : 17th March 2008 at 15:36.
Old 17th March 2008, 18:35   #92
BHPian

Not seal them !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
Bhagwan,

Are you going to seal the doors? Or the big holes would be left open? I mean, the door panel on which the door handle is mounted. i think you should seal it off too.

If you are not going to seal them, please let me know the reason why.

Cheers.
Hello Clipto !

No;
I shall not be sealing them.
I just have put Damping on all 3 parts of the door.
The extreme outside
The Part on which the woofer mounts
The Plastic cover

My intent is to reduce 'un wanted' vibration.
I do not want to make the mid-woofer to work in a 'sealed' enclosure.
That is what you are suggesting.
For that I will have to make a fibre inclosure; That I do not want to do.
Old 17th March 2008, 19:04   #93
Senior - BHPian

@BHAGWAN, IMHO sealing/closing the openings in the door will make the midbasses sound better. I won't presume to tell you it is better because I know that you know your sound

Sealing will also help prevent the plastic door-pads from resonating with the back-wave of the midbass (I know you have damped it, but I think it would be best to prevent the possibility of this happening).

But then, you always have the option of running the doors as they are now and then deciding.

It is nice to see pics of how the "God's own i10 Install" is coming along
Old 17th March 2008, 19:10   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Clipto !

No;
I shall not be sealing them.
I just have put Damping on all 3 parts of the door.
The extreme outside
The Part on which the woofer mounts
The Plastic cover

My intent is to reduce 'un wanted' vibration.
I do not want to make the mid-woofer to work in a 'sealed' enclosure.
That is what you are suggesting.
For that I will have to make a fibre inclosure; That I do not want to do.
Bhagwan,

thanks for the reply.

By not sealing the panel, wont the back wave interfere with the front? It will mess up the SQ if this happens wont it?

cheers
clip
Old 17th March 2008, 19:44   #95
BHPian

hydra,

this is exactly what i wanted to say but i didn't because Bhagwan knows his work. :-)

Bhagwan,

do let me know if there is any other reason behind not sealing the door. sealing the panel wont make the door air tight.

Last edited by clipto333 : 17th March 2008 at 19:48.
Old 18th March 2008, 09:17   #96
BHPian

exactly !

Quote:
do let me know if there is any other reason behind not sealing the door. sealing the panel wont make the door air tight.
Exactly, by sealing the door [seem to be sealing] the panel will not become air tight;
There will be a 'whisteling' effect;
I have tried this in the past in a different install & I find the 'air' that tries to 'escape' from behind the mid woofer does not have a free flow & gets congested & starts to whistle in different places.

Therefore, I prefer to do it like this.

In any case, I can always open the door assembly & close those parts of the panel that remain open.

Sir, please do understand and accept, this is a 'trial & error' thing. I am no 'Bhagwan' in car audio [as my moniker suggest !! sorry'] I too am learning. We all are. I come to this forum to share my experiances & also to learn from fellow members. Hence, I am open to ideas & suggestions. If the suggestion is one that makes sense to me, I am fully open to experimenting and 'trial & error' !

Any forum members wants to be a part of the install, is most welcome to come 'see' get his hands 'dirty' talk - suggest - bitch etc. etc.

I will continue this install @ 1630 hours today @ 4 Seasons - Tardeo - Mumbai.

I want to finish it today - hope I can.

Then the 'tuning' will start.

The Dynes are new & so are the amps. The subs are old [hence burnt in] !!
The tuning itself will take a while.

However, do you believe in your 'experiance' with front components; that sealing the front door makes the sound 'better' ? Please do post.

I am ready to learn;;
Old 18th March 2008, 16:44   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly, by sealing the door [seem to be sealing] the panel will not become air tight;
I have tried this in the past in a different install & I find the 'air' that tries to 'escape' from behind the mid woofer does not have a free flow & gets congested & starts to whistle in different places.

In any case, I can always open the door assembly & close those parts of the panel that remain open.

Sir, please do understand and accept, this is a 'trial & error' thing. I am no 'Bhagwan' in car audio [as my moniker suggest !! sorry'] I too am learning. We all are. I come to this forum to share my experiances & also to learn from fellow members. Hence, I am open to ideas & suggestions. If the suggestion is one that makes sense to me, I am fully open to experimenting and 'trial & error' !

Any forum members wants to be a part of the install, is most welcome to come 'see' get his hands 'dirty' talk - suggest - bitch etc. etc.

However, do you believe in your 'experiance' with front components; that sealing the front door makes the sound 'better' ? Please do post.

I am ready to learn;;
Bhagwan,

i totally agree that audio is trial and error. it was just a suggestion. i have it that way i.e. the gaps are sealed.

once in my car, the damping got stuck to the window winding mechanism. i had to apply new damping. so, for a few days, the gaps were open. when i installed the damping again, there was a noticeable increase in the midbass and it sounded better. That is why the suggestion. :-)

This is just my opinion and im not forcing it on you or anyone else. :-) i hope you understand that.

Do let me know how it goes. And whenevr im in bombay, i would love to audition your installs if it is not too much of a hassle.

cheers
clip
Old 18th March 2008, 21:22   #98
BHPian

you and any one else is most welcome !!!

Quote:
Bhagwan,

Do let me know how it goes. And whenevr im in bombay, i would love to audition your installs if it is not too much of a hassle.

clip
Hi !

Just returned from the installation;
First level is done.
The System is up & running.
Shall post pictures tom.

The Phasing & Levels have been set.
Tweeter is in temporary position etc.

Now will hear & fine tune.

You are most welcome to listen to all 3 of my installs.

If any other forum member wishes to hear my installs, they are more than welcome.
Just they need to get their own software - this is my only condition.

Old 18th March 2008, 23:02   #99
Senior - BHPian

wow looking forward to hear and audition your install Bhawan sirji lets have a tbhp meet and we can see the stuff..wat say guys?
Old 19th March 2008, 09:40   #100
BHPian

My Cars - Demo Anytime !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
wow looking forward to hear and audition your install Bhawan sirji lets have a tbhp meet and we can see the stuff..wat say guys?
Hi !

My cars can be heard on any day.
But the I-10 is my 'biwi' car.
That I can get only after 6 p.m. or on week ends.

So, any of my 2 cars - Swift or RS - a Demo is possible on any day.
However the I-10 needs to be a 'planned' thing.
I hope you understand.

All said, I shall try by mest to accommodate.

I would like ICE followers to listen to the set up & let me know what they think - good / bad etc. all comments will be appreciated. SUggestion too are welcome.

Old 19th March 2008, 12:25   #101
BHPian

Pictures

I have tried to click some snaps.

Not come too good - too much glare, but should be OK to see;
Attached Thumbnails
I-10 ICE [equipment & installation] Pictures-ispbarik-clamp-shell-load-sub-woofer-i10-illusion-leccent-2008-1.jpg  

I-10 ICE [equipment & installation] Pictures-ispbarik-clamp-shell-load-sub-woofer-i10-illusion-leccent-2008-2.jpg  

I-10 ICE [equipment & installation] Pictures-dynaudio-tweetr-custom-housing-assembled-installed-i10-april-2008-1.jpg  

I-10 ICE [equipment & installation] Pictures-dynaudio-tweetr-custom-housing-assembled-installed-i10-april-2008-2.jpg  

I-10 ICE [equipment & installation] Pictures-dynaudio-tweetr-custom-housing-assembled-installed-i10-april-2008-4.jpg  

Old 19th March 2008, 12:28   #102
BHPian

Some pictures !

Tried to get some snaps clicked.

Hope they look OK;

Will post some more in another post
Attached Thumbnails
I-10 ICE [equipment & installation] Pictures-dynaudio-syatem-240-steg-amplifiers-i10-install-april-2008-1.jpg  

I-10 ICE [equipment & installation] Pictures-dynaudio-syatem-240-steg-amplifiers-i10-install-april-2008-2.jpg  

I-10 ICE [equipment & installation] Pictures-dynaudio-syatem-240-steg-amplifiers-i10-install-april-2008-3.jpg  

I-10 ICE [equipment & installation] Pictures-ispbarik-clamp-shell-load-sub-woofer-i10-illusion-leccent-2008-3.jpg  

I-10 ICE [equipment & installation] Pictures-ispbarik-clamp-shell-load-sub-woofer-i10-illusion-leccent-2008-2.jpg  

Old 19th March 2008, 13:05   #103
Senior - BHPian

@"B":Which HU are you using? with your setup in i10??
Old 19th March 2008, 13:15   #104
BHPian

I removed my HU from my RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
@"B":Which HU are you using? with your setup in i10??
I used my RS's HU.
Alpine 9835

This was Alpine's top of the line HU about 4 years back.
still like it a lot.

I will keep this here. It is easy for my wife to change radio channels on it.

I want to buy a 7200 Eclipse.
However, it is not available in India. PTC only has the 7100. That I do not want to use. It has amplification built in it. That is of no use to me.
The 7200 is a pure pre amp. Much better....
Old 19th March 2008, 15:27   #105
BHPian

Quote:

I am ready to learn;;
Bhagwan,

i totally agree that audio is trial and error. it was just a suggestion. i have it that way i.e. the gaps are sealed.

once in my car, the damping got stuck to the window winding mechanism. i had to apply new damping. so, for a few days, the gaps were open. when i installed the damping again, there was a noticeable increase in the midbass and it sounded better. That is why the suggestion. :-)

This is just my opinion and im not forcing it on you or anyone else. :-) i hope you understand that.

cheers
clip

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks