Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2008, 22:00   #1
BHPian

Music is personal again - Ice Install for Swift

Hi Guys,

I had been dying to get a good ICE in my car but was a bit wary because of some bad experiences and more so because I moved to Bangalore some 4 months ago and didn't know of a trusted place.
Thank God and Thank Google that I came across this great forum. Was totally hooked on it for the 2-3 weeks before the install. One thing was very clear that it would be tough deciding the whole setup on own so pmed Satya(blueraven) as I came across some of his great installs in the posts.

One fine Saturday went to his outlet and for the first time heard some real great installs. One that his Zen has (killer install) and the other of Anant's(Akbaree) palio weekend (though I left before the palio was completely tuned but still the experience was nothing short of music nirvana to me).
Satya assured of a great install in my budget of about 30k.
I already had a Sony head unit. Front Sony coaxials and rear sony 6*9s. Not completely fault that I had a sony. (Now all this is lying in boxes at home)
Satya said that I would have to let go the head unit if I really need a good sound. I agreed and left. Next day heard to his father's Ikon at his place. Liked the sound so decided that would visit him one saturday and everything done.

The story started early morning, reached Satya's place at about 12:30. He prepared a couple of options in my budget range. I was totally unsure as to what I want. I kept screaming Bass-Bass-Bass as I thought that was what good system meant. I listened to his Zen a couple of times with various songs. Still unsure. By that time Anant also came and since Satya was busy with some other customers Anant offered a demo of his now fine tuned Palio. Listened to a couple of Hindi/Punjabi songs which normally I listen to and really liked the way they sounded in his car. He actually made me realise that it was not just about bass but the whole music. The natural sound. He cleared a lot of other doubts. He also suggested that I should go ahead with satya's suggestion of HiFonic Atlas Components and I am delighted that I followed there advice.
Thanks a tonne to Anant for advice and for the demo of install in his car
and a million thanks to Satya for the great advice and great install.
cheers: Cheers to both these Great Guys.

Below is the final list of ICE equipment:
Head Unit: Pioneer 4050
Front Components: 6.5" Hifonics Atlas
EFX 4 Channel Amp HD 4300 : 65x4 RMS at 4 Ohms
HiFonics 12" Sub in Ported MDF Box
EFX Scosche wiring

The entire set up cost around 40 k, a little more than my maximum limit but it is totally worth it.

Some Pics:
Music is personal again - Ice Install for Swift-1.jpg

Music is personal again - Ice Install for Swift-2.jpg

The Head Unit

Music is personal again - Ice Install for Swift-3.jpg
Front Components (mid basses). They had inbuilt Light, though not something that I fancied but looks cool

Music is personal again - Ice Install for Swift-4.jpg

The tweeters

Music is personal again - Ice Install for Swift-5.jpg

The sub in the rear.
The boot now shuts with a solid thud (something very non maruti) thanks to some 5kgs of stuffing that has gone into it.

The install is very clean and I wonder if it could have been any cleaner.

Music is personal again - Ice Install for Swift-6.jpg
A closer look at the amp

Music is personal again - Ice Install for Swift-7.jpg

Music is personal again - Ice Install for Swift-8.jpg

Music is personal again - Ice Install for Swift-9.jpg
Head unit integrates very well with the head unit which is my preferred mode of listening though I totally agree with Anant that an Original CD is Original

Name:  10.JPG
Views: 2257
Size:  138.3 KB
Playlists created in Ipod can be seen in the head unit and can be browsed.

I am totally loving the install and simply can't get enough of it. My office commute is just 10-15 mins so before moving I decide what all would I like to listen so that I don't waste time scrolling

The components sound great and I listen to the soft songs as well now and enjoy the finer notes.
Bass is really tight and loud as well. Played the Timbaland song : I like it just the way you are and it felt as if the entire boot was one big Sub, totally floored me. My usual Punjabi songs with dhol and beats sound great as well.

Next I am going to get coaxials in the rear and a steering remote as I don't preety much like the Head Unit knob, everytime I press the centre it goes left or right and so diverts attention. Moreover it is a bit slippery to touch.

Thanks again to Satya for the great install and to Team Bhp gurus who have really explained all of the ICE stuff inside out in the posts.

Old 9th March 2008, 07:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

nice ice congrats on the same,nice pics too, put the pictures of the rear fills too later on.
Old 9th March 2008, 08:41   #3
BHPian

Congratulations on the ICE, the comps looked cool . Please give us the prices of induvidual components.
Old 9th March 2008, 09:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new ICE! That was a really nice post. And thanks for the photos.

The install looks really well done. That's a given with Blueraven anyway.

And before I forget, welcome to TBHP ICE. Make sure you lock your cheque-book someplace and throw away the key
Old 9th March 2008, 13:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice one. Ported box eh, you will get your bass bass, buss !!

Enjoy the sound.. oh yeah welcome to the Forum
Old 9th March 2008, 16:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

One thing you did right is that you posted on the forum after installation else your budget of 40k would have been 80k..Anyways congrats and enjoy music.
Old 9th March 2008, 23:03   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
One thing you did right is that you posted on the forum after installation else your budget of 40k would have been 80k..Anyways congrats and enjoy music.
LOL... good one LBM
i totally agree... smart man
And a smart install with some nice looking gear too.
enjoy your music bro. and get the rear co-ax's quick. will totally change the sound in your car

heheh see its already begun.. we dont let anything be the way it is !! thats us.. the ICE section. lol.

Last edited by Tool : 9th March 2008 at 23:06.
Old 10th March 2008, 15:35   #8
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftagain View Post
Hi Guys,

The sub in the rear.
The boot now shuts with a solid thud (something very non maruti) thanks to some 5kgs of stuffing that has gone into it.

The install is very clean and I wonder if it could have been any cleaner.

Hi. Can you tell what kind of material was used for stuffing the boot. And the cost if you have the splitup.

Congrats on the setup.
Old 10th March 2008, 22:15   #9
BHPian

this forum is the most happening one i have ever seen

Below is the approx price of the stuff:

Head Unit: Pioneer 4050 : 5850 (exact)
Front Components: 6.5" Hifonics Atlas - 10000
EFX 4 Channel Amp HD 4300 : 65x4 RMS at 4 Ohms - 10000
HiFonics 12" Sub in Ported MDF Box -- 6000+1200
EFX Scosche wiring -- 5000

Stuffing cost around 500 it was some cloth material totally messhed up.
Probably Satya can add what he used

Don't have any pics of that, stuffing is not visible from outside ( i mean from inside the boot)

The chequebook was rendered useless for a month as I used all the cash

When I am in my room I sometimes think that I have overspent but 5 mins in the car and every rupee seems to be well spent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
LOL... good one LBM
i totally agree... smart man
And a smart install with some nice looking gear too.
enjoy your music bro. and get the rear co-ax's quick. will totally change the sound in your car

heheh see its already begun.. we dont let anything be the way it is !! thats us.. the ICE section. lol.

I don't really feel the need while driving but I think my frineds would kill me in a couple of days .. .. so totally agree i need rear coaxials
Old 11th March 2008, 09:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
Hi. Can you tell what kind of material was used for stuffing the boot.
From what Iv seen its usually waste cotton material, like the stuff used in A.S.S for mopping up etc.
Old 12th March 2008, 16:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftagain View Post
Head Unit: Pioneer 4050 : 5850 (exact)
Does the 4050 come with USB functionality also?

Did you buy the iPod connection cable separately or was it included with the HU? Does this cable charge your iPod on the go? (I think yours is an iPod Mini, IINR?)

Any particular reason why you chose 4050 over 5050/6050/7950?
Old 12th March 2008, 19:09   #12
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
From what Iv seen its usually waste cotton material, like the stuff used in A.S.S for mopping up etc.
Thanks. Any idea what purpose does it serve.
Old 19th March 2008, 22:25   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Does the 4050 come with USB functionality also?

Did you buy the iPod connection cable separately or was it included with the HU? Does this cable charge your iPod on the go? (I think yours is an iPod Mini, IINR?)

Any particular reason why you chose 4050 over 5050/6050/7950?
The ipod here is the ipod nano
The ipod connection cable is the one that came with the ipod
If i connect with this cable then it charges the ipod as well but in that case i can't scroll using the ipod and have to scroll using the head unit controls

If i connect using the Aux cable then it does not charge but I can scroll and select songs on the ipod itself.

the only diff b/w 5050 and 4050 is the front panel. no diff in specs so 4050
others would have been expensive...
I am saving for the next head unit which shd be the Alpine eclispse, saw it in Anant's palio and it is an awesome headunit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
Thanks. Any idea what purpose does it serve.

just so that the boot does not vibrate much and also so that it does not blow away
Old 20th March 2008, 08:58   #14
BANNED

Well done Satya!!

Congrats driftagain !!
Old 20th March 2008, 16:02   #15
BHPian

nice ICE dude... congrats on the same

Most Viewed