Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 15:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

ipod integration with Safari 2.2 stock ICE - Blaupunkt bahamas?? HU

Hi!

The dealer showed me two options

a) Connect to Aux port of the HU via the Headphones Jack Rs. 600/-
b) Connect to Aux port of the HU via the ipod adapter. Rs. 4000 odd.

What are the pros/cons of both ?

I use a iPod Nano. I'm assuming that some of the funtions like search, skip, fwd/back, display song etc., may not work with option a.

Any inputs greatly appreciated.

thanks
Srini
Old 12th March 2008, 15:41   #2
BHPian

Option A is cheaper and will do the job. The cons are:
1. No control of iPod functions from the HU
2. The iPod cannot recharge from the AUX port.

Option B - This is a complete solution but costlier. The iPod cable connects to the CD changer port and not the Aux port on the HU as mentioned by your dealer. Both iPod control from HU and automatic charging functions are supported.
Old 12th March 2008, 16:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
... I use a iPod Nano. I'm assuming that some of the funtions like search, skip, fwd/back, display song etc., may not work with option a. ...
Yes, Srini, you will have to perform those actions on your Nano in Option a.
Old 13th March 2008, 10:38   #4
BHPian

Hey. I went in for option 1. I mean just connected the music system aux to ipod. And the total cost was Rs 25.

Rs 600 is just insane. Infact its a simple cord with audio jacks on both side. u connect one to the system and other to your iPod. What is in there that would cost Rs 600???

I have a Sony Xplod 5800 music system with a Aux jack on the back side. So I pulled the system out, connected the wire to it, pulled it from behind dashboard to the GloveBox and Boom. I was all ready to play the music. Go to any computer accessory shop and u can buy this simple cord.
Old 13th March 2008, 12:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Hey. I went in for option 1. I mean just connected the music system aux to ipod. And the total cost was Rs 25.

Rs 600 is just insane. Infact its a simple cord with audio jacks on both side. u connect one to the system and other to your iPod. What is in there that would cost Rs 600???

I have a Sony Xplod 5800 music system with a Aux jack on the back side. So I pulled the system out, connected the wire to it, pulled it from behind dashboard to the GloveBox and Boom. I was all ready to play the music. Go to any computer accessory shop and u can buy this simple cord.
The Blaupunkt Bahamas / MonteCarlo system has a different Aux in jack that is not like a audio system jack.. it is a square box type female jack. I got this from Concorde motors. If you have RCA or 3.5mm pin type jack on the system, yes it can be cheaper.

regards
Srini
Old 13th March 2008, 13:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

If u haven't already done it, its better to go with option B, as option A will be a bit difficult to use as u'd have to change tracks etc on the i pod, and it will run out of charge too, whereas, with opt B, the ipod gets charged and u can control it from the HU itself.
Old 2nd April 2008, 14:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
If u haven't already done it, its better to go with option B, as option A will be a bit difficult to use as u'd have to change tracks etc on the i pod, and it will run out of charge too, whereas, with opt B, the ipod gets charged and u can control it from the HU itself.
JayD,
With 2 remote controllers sitting in the car ( wife & daughter ), all I need to do is Listen
Old 2nd April 2008, 14:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Man, you are lucky. My remote controllers are speakers also - it is normally a general cacophony.

So what did you do ultimately?
Old 2nd April 2008, 14:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JayD,
With 2 remote controllers sitting in the car ( wife & daughter ), all I need to do is Listen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Man, you are lucky. My remote controllers are speakers also - it is normally a general cacophony.

Bit OT, would suggest would be Safari buyers to talk with their dealer to get Alpine HU that come with the Grande as you also get the iPod adapter free.
Old 2nd April 2008, 15:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Installed Option1 for lack of time & vit-m. Gets the job done. Will go for a proper adapter with a ICE upgrade later..
Old 7th October 2011, 13:56   #11
BHPian

Re: ipod integration with Safari 2.2 stock ICE - Blaupunkt bahamas?? HU

Quote:
The Blaupunkt Bahamas / MonteCarlo system has a different Aux in jack that is not like a audio system jack.. it is a square box type female jack. I got this from Concorde motors. If you have RCA or 3.5mm pin type jack on the system, yes it can be cheaper.

regards
Srini
Hi Srini,
I am looking for same information. I have blaupunkt bahamas mp46 ( stock unit) in my cedia. I could not find any aux or any port visible to connect my ipod. where can I connect this female jack. in front or rear of ICE?
Old 7th October 2011, 15:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: ipod integration with Safari 2.2 stock ICE - Blaupunkt bahamas?? HU

You need to get the adapter cable which connects at the rear of the HU. The other end of this cable has a jack socket as Srini described above. You will also need to buy a 3.5mmJack to 3.5mmJack cable to connect your iPod to this socket.
Old 17th October 2011, 13:14   #13
BHPian

Ok I got it done through TMC in jayanagar. Costed Rs 350. It was a single molded cable that goes in aux port behind the unit and has audio pin which goes in headphone in my iPhone. Works out really well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks