Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2008, 16:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
hearing a lot about the EFX comps, good install!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hi,

Had it installed with Satya (blueraven) in Bangalore...the whole kit costed me around 30 K with install and wiring...EFX is really really good for the price and wonder why people go for other brands at the same price point.
I have heard the eFxs in blueraven's car - they are pretty laid back. However, choosing a speaker brand is based on personal tastes and can't be debated. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd08 View Post
sorry to correct you.. but the 5050 has a 2-line display and it has 3 rca ports... i know this coz i'm using one.
Sorry to correct?
Old 2nd April 2008, 13:29   #17
BHPian

Pics

Hi Guys, have finally taken some pics of my new car. Let me know what u think.

The first pic is of the car, the second of the stanley leather work done, the third of the polf rear speakers and the fourth of the pioneer HU. Could not take snnaps of the amp and comps, as they are concealled.
Attached Thumbnails
Cedia ICE'd-02042008061-large.jpg  

Cedia ICE'd-02042008062-large.jpg  

Cedia ICE'd-02042008063-large.jpg  

Cedia ICE'd-02042008064-large.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2008, 14:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Wow, superb, looks really beautiful! Congratulations, @mav2000, enjoy your music.

Where did you conceal the amp?
Old 2nd April 2008, 14:16   #19
BHPian

Hmm wow. That leather job seems to be done extremely well and neat. congrates for the car.
Old 2nd April 2008, 17:11   #20
BHPian

thanks guys. I have had the amp installed under the passenger front seat.
Old 2nd April 2008, 21:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great!! The leather work looks awesome. How much did you pay for the leather work?

I am tempted to take the plunge.
Old 2nd April 2008, 23:13   #22
BHPian

Fail to fathom

You guys spend so much money on your sound system and yet you finally tend to feed it with compressed music. Remember in sound systems; what goes in, is what comes out. Why do you not tend to splurge a bit more on the source material like using partially compressed music like normal music cd instead of using your extremely compressed mp3 files. No one here even talks about .FLAC let alone music CD or are you willing to compromise on the source material. Remember that .mp3 music is only from 50hz to 12000hz and most of us can here from 20hz to atleast 17000hz. Young ones here can hear up to about 19000hz. 20000Hz is wishful thinking though. Probably I am getting too old for the young brigade. Twenty five years ago when turntables were around most of our money was spent on buying a horrendously expensive turntable at the cost of high powered amplifiers because we believed that no amp or speakers can magically output anything better than what was given to it in the first place. Leave all the compressed files to oldies(more than 40 years) like us who do not hear more than 15000hz anyway. Do not miss out on GODS gift while you can and enjoy every nuance in music before your cochlear hairs wither or become flaccid.
Hair cell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bye and wear your seat belts and please spend a bit more on your source material instead of relying on your Ipod and all forms of compressed files.
Old 3rd April 2008, 01:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
You guys spend so much money on your sound system and yet you finally tend to feed it with compressed music. Remember in sound systems; what goes in, is what comes out. Why do you not tend to splurge a bit more on the source material like using partially compressed music like normal music cd instead of using your extremely compressed mp3 files. No one here even talks about .FLAC let alone music CD or are you willing to compromise on the source material. Remember that .mp3 music is only from 50hz to 12000hz and most of us can here from 20hz to atleast 17000hz. Young ones here can hear up to about 19000hz. 20000Hz is wishful thinking though. Probably I am getting too old for the young brigade. Twenty five years ago when turntables were around most of our money was spent on buying a horrendously expensive turntable at the cost of high powered amplifiers because we believed that no amp or speakers can magically output anything better than what was given to it in the first place. Leave all the compressed files to oldies(more than 40 years) like us who do not hear more than 15000hz anyway. Do not miss out on GODS gift while you can and enjoy every nuance in music before your cochlear hairs wither or become flaccid.
Bye and wear your seat belts and please spend a bit more on your source material instead of relying on your Ipod and all forms of compressed files.
Well we all buy Audio CDS of the artists we like and we also have subscriptions like itunes and other legal downloads. Considering an Audio CD costs Rs. 500 not everyone can afford it. I used to buy lot of cds earlier but now i don't, maybe just 2 - 5 CD's a year only.

FLAC is available via warez and we have thread regarding music quality on here too which discuss FLAC i think, but most of us still enjoy music at 128 KBPS. And as you said MP3 produce from 50 to 12000hz and we are just able to hear until 19000hz i think its a good deal.

Example:
One can be satisfied with Rs 4000 speakers and one can not even get satisfied with 4 lac speakers. Same is with audio quality. One can get satisfied with 128KBPS and other might feel that even 320KBPS is less.

Its ones own preference to choose Audio CD's, FLAC, MP3 or ACC and feed their ICE with it and enjoy.
Old 3rd April 2008, 01:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you ever have anything positive to say? Your post has absolutely nothing to do with this poor fellows ICE install, on which he spent (presumably) his hard-earned money. Instead of appreciating it, you're on about how you're now flaccid. I'm surprised you haven't mentioned your junkindica here yet.

FYI, Navin keeps mentioning FLAC all the time. It's the only place I've ever heard of it, the ICE section.
Old 3rd April 2008, 08:31   #25
BHPian

Good points drpullockaran.

Anyways,

1) Do you think it's right to assume that this guy is going to use ONLY and ONLY iPods considering the USB/iPod supporting headunit that he has got?

2) Many people here use good quality software like 320kbps CBR/VBR only. Most will use Audio CD's only. Hell, some even have headunits installed that will read ONLY and ONLY Audio Cd's.

3) Please point me to a good .FLAC reading player under 10k.

4) I'm sure you have gone through this thread already. Right? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...s-mp3-etc.html
Old 3rd April 2008, 08:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

mav, your car looks fabulous! Congrats!
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:02   #27
BHPian

Hi guys. thanks for your inputs, and I prefer to leave peoples opinions to themselves. its a free country.

I spent abt rs. 22k on the leather, at stanley showroom on mission road bangalore. let me tell u guys that it is really worth every single rupee. i was not a big fan of leather and had never installed leather seats in any of my previous cars, but my wife insisted and i went ahead. its very well done, with minimum hassle. just dont go to stanley while the work is going on
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

The 22 k spend at stanley is worth it buddie.Wonderfull job done and the car color is great.
ram
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This post has nothing to do with this thread. Just because his HU has got iPod connectivity it does not mean that he will be playing only mp3s.

Please give relevant feedback.
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran
You guys spend so much money on your sound system and yet you finally tend to feed it with compressed music. Remember in sound systems; what goes in, is what comes out.
Interesting bit of advice. There have been a few discussions on compressed music vs lossless, maybe you will find them if you search.

Quote:
No one here even talks about .FLAC
Thats because most of us have spent money on sound systems that dont play that format??

Quote:
Remember that .mp3 music is only from 50hz to 12000hz and most of us can here from 20hz to atleast 17000hz.
Nope, I seriously dont remember that happening.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks