Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2008, 15:19   #1
BHPian

Microsoft Playsforsure compatible Headunit

Hi,
I have a creative Zen vision M (which is ofcourse playsforsure compatible), which I would like to integrate with my car stereo. My search online returns only a brand named Dual, which I am not comfortable with.

Does anybody have any experience on this. Please suggest the best HU for this application.

I really want to go further than using the AUX in and car changer mode of integration.

Any inputs on this are really appreciated.

Thanks
Ram
Old 28th March 2008, 16:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

None that I know of my friend. I wish there was though, my entire music archive is WMA.
Old 28th March 2008, 16:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wild guess, but maybe a Wi-Mo device with A2DP that can stream the music to a BT compatible HU would work.

Since WiMo has a built-in (crappy) Windows Media Player, I think it should be able to play all Playsforsure stuff.
Old 28th March 2008, 16:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm. Just googled this up from academic interest. This free software (SimpleCenter) lets you rock Playsforsure on an iPod, Nokia N80, N95, N93i , N93 & PSP (as far as portable devices go): Linky

This Wikipedia article will be of interest. *wink*

If I remember right, the Nokia N91 supports Janus DRM (dunno if that means compatibility with Playsforsure or not).

According to this press release (ancient one, I know) Windows Media Player 10 Mobile supports Playsforsure. That means all the current Wi Mo Devices should support Playsforsure.

I know, this still doesn't mean there are Playsforsure HUs, but I think an iPod compatible HU with an iPod running SimpleCenter should play Playsforsure media. And of course the Windows Mobile Phone workaround should also work. Who will bell the cat?

Last edited by hydrashok : 28th March 2008 at 16:54.
Old 28th March 2008, 19:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Hmmm. Just googled this up from academic interest. This free software (SimpleCenter) lets you rock Playsforsure on an iPod, ......... Who will bell the cat?
Hey, thanks for that link Hydra. Looks interesting, might just try it sometime on my iPod. Will update here once I do.
Old 31st March 2008, 13:14   #6
BHPian

Looks like Playsforsure is now "Windows Vista Compatible"

Hi Gunbir and Hydrashock,

Thanks very much for your inputs on this.

I have heard of headuits from a manufacturer named Dual which supports Playsforsure earlier.

Dual Electronics' head-unit/adapter combo integrates PlaysForSure DAPs - Engadget
But now the device enables this namely EAUSB20 is not available anymore.

Also dual I think is a crappy HU in my opinion.

Moreover, I think the playsforsure as a standard is almost dead according to this link
Play For Sure - more music, more choices

As I am specifically looking to integrate my otherwise excellent ZVM, the A2DP WiMO option is ruled out.

I might wait for manufacturers like Alpine to come up with media players like the X series with support for windows vista compatibility, like the X100, X200, X300 etc..
Old 31st March 2008, 14:20   #7
BHPian

I need to buy a Ford vehicle in USA, to get compatibility with my Zen vision M.

InterceptIOP
Old 20th July 2008, 12:35   #8
BHPian

Got partial playsforsure in my swift

Hi,

I had found that Sony headunits support playforsure devices such as zvm as mentioned in the below links.

USB Car Audio Compatibility Chart for 2008 models : Check Compatibility : Sony Asia Pacific

I just installed a Sony GT670US and it docks the creative ZVM properly and the Albums are listed using the browse function and also being played.

Although the playlists, artists, genres etc are not displayed.

Anyway some form of support for ZVM is always welcome as most of my audio collection is in my creative and it rocks.

Ramcheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks