Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2008, 17:28   #1

Suggestions to Install a DVD system in Safari

Hi Guruji,
I want to Install DVD system to my Safari. I am not able to find site where I can get details on the products and price. My need is simple, I have 2 kids who are crazy about cartoon movies and so when we are on long drives, I want the Video system to keep them occupied and not get bored and drive us crazy.
I need guidance/ suggestion about the options that I have.

Cheers
Sundar
Old 30th March 2008, 11:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Which model of Safari do you have? Do you have a roof mounted AC?

There are 4 solutions possible:

1. Change your HU to a DVD HU (from JVC, Sony, etc.; take care to check the specs against the model number, since most of the commonly available ones used in Qualis / Sumo / Innova taxis are VCD types only). Mount 7" LCD monitors behind the front head rests. If you go to the showroom, you can see how it is done in the VX model. Alternately, you can use a roof-mount LCD (most of them come with built in cabin lights and are mounted by replacing the middle cabin light)

2. Get a roof mounted LCD unit (7-10") with a built-in DVD player. No need to change your existing HU, since the audio of the DVD player will play through the AUX-IN of your HU

3. There are a few 7" head-rest mounting screens with built-in DVD players. Here again, the audio is wired to play through the existing HU

4. Buy a portable DVD player with built-in LCD screen, and hang it behind the front seat. Connect the power cord to the cig lighter socket in the middle (behind the hand-brake). Audio plays through built-in speakers

Last edited by DerAlte : 30th March 2008 at 11:58.
Old 31st March 2008, 11:57   #3

Thanks for the suggestions. My safari is LX and it does not have a roof mounted AC. So I think the option of a roof mounted LCD panel will the best for me, if they have the cabin light also built into it then it is great. As of now I have not installed any music system in my safari.
So I think I will go for a HU which can play DVD and have one sound system that will take care of both my music and video. If you can let me know of some good models for the LCD panel and HU, it will be great.

Regards
Sundar
Old 31st March 2008, 12:03   #4
BHPian

I would suggest go for: JVC AVX2 with a roof screen...

this helps cause if u have a roof screen, the driver (on car standby) or front passenger cant see anything. AVX2 has a 3.5 inch screen and works well...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks