Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2008, 10:15   #31
BANNED

I thought the i10 was an overkill!

good going bhagwan!

Last edited by saintsinner : 7th April 2008 at 10:18.
Old 7th April 2008, 10:51   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post

good going bhagwan!
I am surprised with your comments;
What a simple set up it was.

1 pair of components & 1 sub-woofer + HU.
I could not make it simpler than that !!!!

All said, no one has 'heard it'
That is so sad...............

Forget what has been installed.
Just listen to the car & then decide.

It may be good, it may be bad.
In either case, let the result speak for itself !!!
That is all I suggest.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post

good going bhagwan!
Sir,

The RS will be a 'killer' SQ install.
It got done on Saturday.
I have to make some changes,
That will be done on Tuesday @ 4 p.m. @ 4 seasons.

I still have to get that 'new' HU.
Currently it is running on a 9855 Alpine.

However, from what I have heard - this migh just be the 'best' set up of all cars that I have installed.
The 'bass' is not that 'fast' [well the I10 is in a different league - with regards to speed] but, overall I would rate this @ 7.5/10 in SQ performance !!

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th April 2008 at 14:57.
Old 7th April 2008, 15:50   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
1 pair of components & 1 sub-woofer + HU.
I could not make it simpler than that !!!!
All said, no one has 'heard it'
That is so sad...............
You speak like my wife. She calls me "no one" too. :-)
Old 7th April 2008, 15:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
That makes us two nobodies, if its any consolation.
Old 8th April 2008, 13:17   #35
BHPian

You got me wrong !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Sir,

You are surely a 'somebody'
However, you are not in the market to install ICE in a car.
Basically, I want persons from Mumbai - that are going to install some ICE in their 'small' cars to listen to this set up.
That way, they can form an opinion - it is good or it is bad !!!!

The sad part is, when I wanted to install and was looking out for options - no one came forward with a demo / audition.
Hence, I had to buy 'blind' rather 'deaf' & it was a 'shot in the dark'
Now, there is an option to experiance & no one is interested......
I do not know how to react ?
How do persons in India [Mumbai] choose what they want ? DO they go to a dealer & listen to their 'demo boards' & buy ICE ?

Old 8th April 2008, 13:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, there is an option to experiance & no one is interested......
I do not know how to react ?
Don't fret, B. The same phenomenon happens when LBM offers to demo his 'killer' system.
Quote:
How do persons in India [Mumbai] choose what they want ? DO they go to a dealer & listen to their 'demo boards' & buy ICE?
Normally, one uses "Normal Distribution" or "Gaussian Distribution" to predict such happenings (scroll down on this page to the graph near the para "Standard deviation and confidence intervals"):
* 68.2% of the people (the relevant ones - in need of ICE) are likely to take whatever the dealer says "Yeh le lo, besht hai, sabhi yehi lagate hain, sir/madam"
* Another 27.2% are likely to ask someone from the first group above, and hence go and demand the same (pretending they know everything: "Mujhe pata hai, Sony ka 6x9 sabse badhiya hai") [The difference between the upper 13.6% and the lower 13.6% is simple: the upper one is optimistic of good results, the lower one is likely to fret regarding the bad choice].
* The above 2 categories include those who are happy, to various degrees, with the OEM ICE
* The lower 2.1% is likely to keep postponing the decision as much as they can, till the pressure from their wives / GF / friends is unbearable, and then they merge with the lower 13.6% above
* The upper 2.1% is likely to audition the demo board, and also likely come to TBHP ICE section for advice; also included are the ones that want to change their OEM systems
* The lower 0.1%
- doesn't buy ICE or
- perpetually gripes about the OEM ICE (but doesn't change)
- use alternate means of entertainment
* The upper 0.1% are the discerning few, who go around asking for the best and create threads in the TBHP ICE section

You (and a few like you) do not appear in the above stats: you form a spike on the extreme right of the graph. As far as the %age is concerned, consider the decimal round-off from the other categories!cheers:
Old 8th April 2008, 14:02   #37
BHPian

Hello Bhagwan,

Good Stuff, i'd love to listen to this setup sometime.

One question though, why are the 8"ers installed at the rear and 6" in the front ? Wouldn't the 8" give you better midbass upfront. Could you also post some pics of the speakers installed.

Quote:
The set up is :-

Illusion Audio Carbon 6" - Front
Illusion Audio Carbon 8" - Rear
Old 8th April 2008, 14:23   #38
BHPian

No Place for the 8.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shldn View Post
Hello Bhagwan,

Good Stuff, i'd love to listen to this setup sometime.

One question though, why are the 8"ers installed at the rear and 6" in the front ? Wouldn't the 8" give you better midbass upfront. Could you also post some pics of the speakers installed.
You are most welcome to listen to the car - once the set up is complete.
It is to happen today @ 1600 @ Tardeo - 4 seasons.

The Skoda can only take 6" components in the front door.
I did not want to install any 8" component in the car. However, I had a set with me from my Palio days. Hence, I used it here.

To be truthful to you, I prefer to have 6.1 in the front & subs in the boot. Simple.

If the car allows for 8.1 in the front - then that would be an obvious choice. But it is not possible in most cars.

Do let me know when you want to listen.
I suggest you listen to the I-10 first & then the RS.
Old 8th April 2008, 14:27   #39
BHPian

Quote:
* The upper 2.1% is likely to audition the demo board, and also likely come to TBHP ICE section for advice; also included are the ones that want to change their OEM systems
This is exactly who I am interested in.

Lots of persons on this forum like ICE;
I am sure.
The only way to 'improve' is to listen and then talk about it;
If a chance exists to listen and comment [good or bad] why not take it up ?
That is all I have to say.

Quote:
You (and a few like you) do not appear in the above stats: you form a spike on the extreme right of the graph. As far as the %age is concerned, consider the decimal round-off from the other categories!cheers:
Sir,

If there is a watch exehibition in Mumbai & a Gyro Tourbillion is on display - what is the harm in going and looking at it ?
I did not give this example to try and equate my set up to a Gyro Tourbillion [before other forum members pounce on me], I am just saying that if watches interest me and I get a chance to look / experiance it, why should I or any one else not experiance it ? It is free !!! So many persons visit this forum and do write on it too, there is a chance to audition, take it !!

Just to say, if I were to be offered a JM Utopia - BE + Brax audition in Mumbai, I would go to any lengths to listen to it. I would even travel till Pune if the need be.

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th April 2008 at 15:09.
Old 8th April 2008, 15:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Don't fret, B. The same phenomenon happens when LBM offers to demo his 'killer' system.
Normally, one uses "Normal Distribution" or "Gaussian Distribution" to predict such happenings (scroll down on this page to the graph near the para "Standard deviation and confidence intervals"):
What will be the Cpk value of the above study done ?
Old 8th April 2008, 20:58   #41
BHPian

some snaps !!

Some Snaps;
Phase 1.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-1.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-2.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-3.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-4.jpg  

Old 8th April 2008, 21:01   #42
BHPian

some snaps !!

Phase II
Some more snaps;
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-5.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-6.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-7.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-8.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-9.jpg  

Old 9th April 2008, 07:46   #43
BHPian

some snaps !!

phase 3.
I hope this is not over indungance;

Attached Thumbnails
Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-10.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-11.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-12.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-13.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-15.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-16.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-17.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-18.jpg  

Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done:  Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima-rs-ice-final-day-08042008.jpg-20.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 9th April 2008, 08:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

'B' - are the tweeters fixed on custom built 'stands'?
How are they fixed to the dash?
Is it possible to take some close-up snaps of the tweeter install?
On a different note, I recall reading elsewhere that you do not like any sound from the rear. Then why the rear components?
Old 9th April 2008, 08:51   #45
BHPian

Custom Stands for the Tweeter !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
'B' - are the tweeters fixed on custom built 'stands'?
How are they fixed to the dash?
Is it possible to take some close-up snaps of the tweeter install?
On a different note, I recall reading elsewhere that you do not like any sound from the rear. Then why the rear components?
Hi !

Yes, I did get custom stands made for the tweeters;
In my earleir install, I had placed them in the door; However, I did not like the tone. There was a 'sense' of 'horning' influence there. Therefore I took it out & put it up.
I prefer a free standing tweeter [no defraction loss] !!!

I have taken close up snaps of the tweeter in my I-10 install, this is on the same lines, do look up that thread for further details.

Yes, I do not like rear speakers.
However, I did explain that I had a Carbon 8.1 lying around. This was from my Palio 1.6 install. I did not want to leave it, so I put it in. Notice the 'poor' choice of amplification for it !!!!!

I keep the level much lower on the rear as compared to the front;

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks