Team-BHP - Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done: Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done: Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/37609-skoda-rs-ice-re-done-carbon-steg-ground-zero-stinger-optima.html)

I started to re-install my RS on Friday.
Just returned from my Installers place - 4 Seasons - Tardeo - Mumbai.
'Balu' is still working on the car.
We should be in a position to finish the 'physical' install by Monday - Evening. Fingers are x-ed.

Some initial pictures I will post;

The set up is :-

Illusion Audio Carbon 6" - Front
Illusion Audio Carbon 8" - Rear
Ground Zero Sub Woofer -
Ground Zero Passive Radiator -
Steg Amps - 02 -
Aubiobahn Amp - 01 -
Optima - Yellow Top Battery
Power Cable - Ground Zero - 2 Guage
Distribution / Fuse Box - Stinger
Cables - Mostly Stinger. Little Illusion Audio
Damping - Lots of it - 180 sq. ft. +++
HU - Alpine - 9855 [temporary]

All are welcome to listen......

Should be up and running by Tuesday - at the latest.

clap:

I had to 'label' the snaps.
Hope they came OK. My photography skills have a lot left to be desired;;;;

:Frustrati

Some more snaps.

Will click more and put up.

cheers:

What will be audiobahn playing ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 776915)
What will be audiobahn playing ?

The A 2301T Amplifier - Audiobahn shall perform the rear speaker duty.
The Illusion Audio - Carbon 8.1 is what they will play.

The Steg - Smaller one [forget the model #] will play the fronts & the Bigger one shall handle the DVC - Ground Zero Sub + Passive Radiator.

I shall write the model numbers of the Amps & Subs tom. Will also post the links for them.

:)

WoW - !
How much Noise Kill was needed?
How much is a meter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillionSwords (Post 777334)
WoW - !
How much Noise Kill was needed?
How much is a meter?

This is the most important part of any install;
Spend your money here.
Gear can always be added and set ups can be upgraded !!!

The Retail Price of Illusion Audio Noise Kill is Rs. 150/- per sq. ft. + 12.5 % VAT. I think.
However, B & T will know the exact price. Best you ask him.

I am sure there are other products available in the market - Dynamat etc. All should be good. I used to use Wuerth - German, but this is much much better !!!

I recommend it a lot !! :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHAGWAN (Post 776886)
I started to re-install my RS on Friday.
Just returned from my Installers place - 4 Seasons - Tardeo - Mumbai.
'Balu' is still working on the car.
We should be in a position to finish the 'physical' install by Monday - Evening. Fingers are x-ed.

Some initial pictures I will post;

The set up is :-

Illusion Audio Carbon 6" - Front
Illusion Audio Carbon 8" - Rear
Ground Zero Sub Woofer -
Ground Zero Passive Radiator -
Steg Amps - 02 -
Aubiobahn Amp - 01 -
Optima - Yellow Top Battery
Power Cable - Ground Zero - 2 Guage
Distribution / Fuse Box - Stinger
Cables - Mostly Stinger. Little Illusion Audio
Damping - Lots of it - 180 sq. ft. +++
HU - Alpine - 9855 [temporary]

All are welcome to listen......

Should be up and running by Tuesday - at the latest.

clap:

That looks like some serious money and effort . It would be nice if you could post the respective price for the equipments. I though Skoda is one car that neednt be damped. Have you heard the system without damping ?
Congrats anyway . Enjoy music.

Godji! read you wanted to do a reinstall! This is fast! Glad to see someone doing a different type of design/install and bringing in new ideas.

To start with can we have a detail explanation about passive radiator and hows its does. I have seen passive radiator install with Blau but thats made by Blau.

cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxbhp (Post 777395)

That looks like some serious money and effort .

It would be nice if you could post the respective price for the equipments.

I though Skoda is one car that neednt be damped.

Have you heard the system without damping ?

Congrats anyway .

Enjoy music.

Hi !

The gear I have installed has been carried over from my older car too. I had a 1.9 TDI Skoda earlier. When I sold it, I took the audio gear out.
i changed the Amplifiers from Audiobahn to Steg. Rest of the gear has been kept common, sorry ! I changed the Subs too. I used to have 2 Illusion Audio - Luccent IM 12's in the car. Those subs I installed in my wife's I-10. The post is there on this forum.

Price Points I will write about in a bit. Need B & T to confirm them first.

The 'Patra' on the Skoda is very very nice - sure. However, Damping is imperative.
Yes, I have heard and installed cars with & without Damping. It is a night & day differance. This in my opinion is the most important part of any audio installation !!!

I shall post some more pictures soon.

Thanks for looking !!

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 777405)
Godji! read you wanted to do a reinstall! This is fast! Glad to see someone doing a different type of design/install and bringing in new ideas.

To start with can we have a detail explanation about passive radiator and hows its does. I have seen passive radiator install with Blau but thats made by Blau.

Sir, I had this RS installed in September, 2007.
The job was not done well or completely. Hence, I wanted to get it re-installed.

I had the car opened and stripped and all the treatment is being re-done.
I will have all the cables checked & the power cables upgraded & the polarity confirmed etc.

The Damping was in complete. There were parts of the boot & rear pillars that used to 'ring & resonate' hence they needed to be looked into.

Passive Radiators have been discussed on this forum in the past.
They are not a very nice idea. They are an old concept - were used a lot in the 70's and the 80's but it is rarely used these days.

However, I love to make sub woofer enclosures. I have the ones that 'installers & retailers' sell in the opne market - calling them boom boxes etc. Theyare flawed in their concept / idea & executon.

We buy such expensive gear - subwoofers& install them in such poor boxes. Not the right thing to do !!!

How I wish that out forum members took a little effort and reserched sub woofer enclosures [volume & design] on the net & then made the boxes as the need and requirement of the woofer that has been selected by them.

:Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHAGWAN (Post 777214)
I shall write the model numbers of the Amps & Subs tom. :)

Dont forget to mention the serial numbers! :-) LOL Just kidding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHAGWAN (Post 777494)
They are not a very nice idea.

However, I love to make sub woofer enclosures. I have the ones that 'installers & retailers' sell in the opne market...They are flawed in their concept / idea & executon.

How I wish that out forum members took a little effort and reserched sub woofer enclosures [volume & design] on the net

Passive Radiators are not a bad idea, it is just that with today's falred and dimpeled ports their main advantage (over ported boxes) has been eliminated.

Open market boxes are made to a price point and given the contraints of production line technology. DIYers are not as limited.

B, to be honest I have found that many subwoofer boxes (and speaker boxes) on the net to be sub-standrd too. Subwoofer boxes espcially need to stiff as hell, reasonably light, damped and tuned correctly. In this respect the best box is no box but then the limitations of dipole subs do not permit this.

However for those who can sacrifice the trunks or large sedans (think Octavia/Accord/Contessa etc..) I would recommend Transmission lines. The rear wave is damped, tuned, and the very nature of a transmission line box means that the box will be well braced (panels will be small). The only disadvantages are the large size and complex nature of the box.

Hey Bhagwan!!! :p

Looking good, when can I audition? And if possible with your kind permission, bring along a small tuning screwdriver? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHAGWAN (Post 777475)
cheers:
Price Points I will write about in a bit. Need B & T to confirm them first.

Illusion Audio Carbon 6" - 29990/-
Illusion Audio Carbon 8" - 27750/-
Ground Zero Sub Woofer - 35000/-
Ground Zero Passive Radiator - 10000/-
Steg Amp K2.02 - 55000/-
Steg Amp K2.03 - 65000/-
Aubiobahn Amp - back when you bought it, I think you gave me a cow in exchange.
Optima - Yellow Top Battery - approx Rs. 15000?
Power Cable Kit - Ground Zero - 2 Guage - GZPK 35 - 6500/-
Damping - Lots of it - 180 sq. ft. +++ - @ Rs. 150/ sq. ft.
HU - Alpine - 9855 [temporary] - FREE!

Nice setup Bhagwan. Do you have pictures of the mid bass mounted in the door?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 777597)
Illusion Audio Carbon 6" - 29990/-
Illusion Audio Carbon 8" - 27750/-

Ajay, what makes the new and improved ND 6.1's more expensive as compared to the 8.1?

Quote:

Aubiobahn Amp - back when you bought it, I think you gave me a cow in exchange.
:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHAGWAN (Post 777494)

They are not a very nice idea. They are an old concept - were used a lot in the 70's and the 80's but it is rarely used these days.

However, I love to make sub woofer enclosures. I have the ones that 'installers & retailers' sell in the open market - calling them boom boxes etc. They are flawed in their concept / idea & execution.

I dont remember reading about it unless it was again regarding the Blaupunkt unit.

Why radiator? I have heard one but as I said it was a Blau unit and hence contained 2 8inch.

How can you describe the SQ/SPL wrt to IB/Ported/sealed?