Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2008, 22:58   #1
F50
Senior - BHPian

Desired Audio for Dzire?

Hello boys!!

As the title suggests, I am planning for a Swift Dzire Vdi. (mostly) or Swift Vdi.
If its the second option then the thread will be rightly closed but if its not then bear me

As many of the Bhpians must have seen/read/heard about the Dzire and its integrated HU. As I am planning for a Vdi, the I-HU will be coming with the car.

I will be going in for Regular Joe stuff, i.e.
1)Speakers
2)Components
3)Tweeters
4)Amp
5)Sub

Currently, I am using a Pio 6850 or 6950 some model, I dont remember the no. correctly. If its the Swift Vdi then no issues it will be transplanted to it but Dzire? What can I do for that car? What can I do to the I-HU any solution wizards??

Please help me on the HU part and Regular Joe stuff.

Desired Audio for Dzire? Is it possible?
Old 1st April 2008, 23:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

Something of use here ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...dzire-vxi.html
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:42   #3
F50
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Eddy for the link but my purpose is not served. Dinu has the same problem, but I didnt understand one thing about what he did to his HU.
Is there anyone in Mumbai who can help me out on this? Navin? Sam?

Other thing, which other HU I can go for, if someone manages to remove integrated one. Which speakers? Components? Sub and Amp?
Old 2nd April 2008, 21:12   #4
BHPian

F50
im getting a Dzire VXI ( not soon but its planned- just bought 2 cars already in 6 months )

Tbhp ICE got so addictive i had already started planning its ICE .
DInu has mentioned that he connected the inputs to the amp directly to the IC of the HU. ( however that is majour jugaar and need someone with know how)
the regular way to do it is to use line output/speaker level converters. these convert the speaker signal to RCA which can be fed directly to the AMP.

now the Dzire HU comes with only 1 pair of full range pre outs that GUnnbirji has confirmed (considering the SX4 and Dzire Hu's are the same)

Now Bass and Trouble has Adviced the following ( considering you want to change front speakers,add a 4 channel amp and add a sub)
., best thing to do is to convert front speaker out to line level, feed this to the amp, and use the pre-out of the stock HU for the sub. Thus, you have control for everything.

Option2
2. If you are agreeable to remove the stock HU, I'm sure the SX4 or Swift Vxi dash kit will allow for a single din head unit of your choice to be popped in. (in this case you have to say bye bye to the stock HU

ANother out of the box suggestion that needs no line level converters is the following
(However you will loose control over the sub/fader etc
Advice by fellow bhpian - Gunbir
All you need to do is run a single RCA cable from your HU to the Kenwood Amp. On the amp, there is an input selector switch that governs how the incoming signal (from the HU) is used.

There is an (A B) option and an (A) option. Basically the amp is divided in two parts, A and B. Each part has 2 channels, thus A and B combined provide 4 channels.

If you had a two preout HU, you would select the (A B) option, in which your front preout will be used as input for amp portion A and rear preout will be used as input for amp portion B.

BUT, since you have a single preout HU, you will choose option (A) on the switch. This will route your Input to both amp portions A and B.

Now, you will use the amp portion A for the front Speakers, so enable HPF on it @ say 80 Hz. And you will use amp portion B for your sub, so enable LPF @ say 80 Hz. Thus you are using the internal crossovers on the amp to do what most aftermarket HUs do.

If you want still another option then i believe bhpian Dinu suggested the following
You can use a electronic crossover which will take his single RCA input and then split the signals for front rear and sub with a requisite HPF and LPF for all the different channels. Also this crossover has individual gain settings.. If it is to be used only for a subwoofer then u can use only the sub out of the same and use the high level output for the fronts and the rears and later you have an option to add another amp for the front and the rear..
If you choose the use all the outputs of the crossover then u need to have a minimum 5 channel amp or then 2 amps .. one which is a 4 channel for the front and the rear and a 2 channel amp for the subwoofer..

Another option is that you use this single low level (RCA) output to drive only the subwoofer amp. Most amps have built in cross over for HPF or LPF. And use the high level output from the amp of the HU to drive the front and the rear speakers..

PLease note i thank all the above mentioned parties for their support and help
F50 i hope the above helps you
remember credit for the above goes to the mentioned parties

regaurds
Ali
Old 29th August 2010, 19:37   #5
BHPian

but, my question would be that how do you rate the in-dash stereo provided in the dzire? Is it good enough? which make of the stereo do they use? which speakers? any idea?
Old 29th August 2010, 23:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Firstly it all boils out to the most important factor, that's budget ?? Budget plays the role. There are many choices in speakers, subs and amps. Secondly it's the music you listen that plays the role to.
Let us know the above 2 factors to help us understand what you looking at.
Old 30th August 2010, 00:08   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I have heard the OEM stereo supplied in DZire with aftermarket Oval speakers, it sounds better than most OE ICE in the segment. Ford Fiesta excluded.
Old 30th August 2010, 10:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

guys, wake up.. bumping a 2 year old + thread??
Old 30th August 2010, 10:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Better than creating a new one, right Panky-ji?
Old 30th August 2010, 18:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

DerAlte sahib, it was the flow that amused me..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks