Team-BHP - esteem ice upgrade
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   esteem ice upgrade (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/37842-esteem-ice-upgrade.html)

First thing:
Gurus please dont close this thread as i have gone through previous threads and have also gone through the STATUTORY WARNING thread. but im still confused as my queries are a bit different.

I have an Esttem VX 2001 with stock Music System. The HU is KRC -385 and have the stock speakers.

The story:

Having been using the car and the stock ICE since Jan 2008, didnt have quite many problems with it but it certainly didnt sound well.So one day, i was sick of front speakers (as i generally drive the car alone) and planned to upgrade them.

My brother calls up the next day and i got to know that he has spare pioneer TS-2150. Im delihted. Brought the speakers and thought that the rear ones are bad as well so lets change it.

After removing the rear cardboard(on which the speakers are fitted,dont know what to call it) i saw there is not enough space to fit those helmet speakers as there is a metal sheet with small holes so cant fit those rear speakers in the current holes. so instead there are these other holes in t he center. But before fitting I decided to try them as it is. And using one old speaker on the left and the pioneer on the right ,there is a lot of difference in souind quality but still not good enough.

So i have presently given the HU to kenwood authorizerd service center for fixing the sound quality.

My requirements:

1. Good Front speakers (have to buy them)
2. Rear should do fine as well.

What do i Have?
1. Kenwood stereo KRC-385 (still under Repair)
2. Kenwood stock speakers(real bad so may be can use the rear ones in front by fabrication but dont want to ,rest is ur advice)
3. Pioneer TS-2150 (coaxial speakers)
4. Sony Amp (old 2 channel dont know the model)
5. A budget of at max Rs.5000(for front speakers and if you recommend another amp)

Now its the turn for questions:

1. Should i use the amp for my front speakers and and what speakers to buy. use the original 4" space or go for fabricationon in the door panels for large size speakers.

2. Should i fit those rear speakers so close together in the center or is that a problem and help on what to do.

3. There is a space for sub out on the stereo can i also get a decent sub but if i get the sub where to place it as the speakers are in the center.
(dont include that on the budget right now as i may get it from cousin)

4. Should i go for a 4 channel amp or can i output sub and front speakers for the 2 channel amp. or am stupid:

Please advise

thanks

Get 5.25" components for the front & power it with your existing 2 channel amp. Before that, get your HU repaired.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amannarwal (Post 782137)
I have an Esttem VX 2001
HU is KRC -385 and have the stock speakers.
My brother calls up the next day and i got to know that he has spare pioneer TS-2150.
so instead there are these other holes in t he center.
still not good enough.
My requirements:
1. Good Front speakers (have to buy them)
2. Rear should do fine as well.
What do i Have?
1. Kenwood stereo KRC-385 (still under Repair)
2. Kenwood stock speakers
3. Pioneer TS-2150 (coaxial speakers)
4. Sony Amp (old 2 channel dont know the model)
5. A budget of at max Rs.5000

1. Should i use the amp for my front speakers and and what speakers to buy. use the original 4" space
2. Should i fit those rear speakers so close together in the center
3. There is a space for sub out on the stereo
4. Should i go for a 4 channel amp

what type of sub is your cousin going to give you?

For now just get good coaxial in teh front. use your amp for these coaxials and stick the 2150 in the rear.

if you get the sub you can stick the sub in the center of the rear deck and the 2150 on either side. your stereo installer can make a MDF plank for the rear deck for this purpose. then you the amp to drive the sub and let the HU drive the 2150 and your new coaxials.

guys,
can you tell me

esteem_lover

1. how can i fit 5.25 '' speakers in the front . and secondly would they do finen with co axials at the back. and this crossover thing does it comes built in the speakers or do you have to get it separately.

navin

2.can you tell what co axials are good are jbl cs 2150 good enough.and what about jbl 427.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amannarwal (Post 787464)
navin
2.can you tell what co axials are good are jbl cs 2150 good enough.and what about jbl 427.

I have not heard either of these speakers. JBL's GTO series (427) are considered "better" than their CS or GT5 series (2150). Still remember taste is subjective.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amannarwal (Post 787464)
guys,
can you tell me

esteem_lover

1. how can i fit 5.25 '' speakers in the front . and secondly would they do finen with co axials at the back. and this crossover thing does it comes built in the speakers or do you have to get it separately.

You need to cut the door panels & fix them. Go to a good installer & he shoud be able to do that. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 787501)
I have not heard either of these speakers. JBL's GTO series (427) are considered "better" than their CS or GT5 series (2150). Still remember taste is subjective.

i meant JBL

1.cs 2104 -cost about 1200

2.gto 647- cost about 2700

Do the kicker and or illusion speakers come in about 4k range.or may be you can suggest something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 787527)
You need to cut the door panels & fix them. Go to a good installer & he shoud be able to do that. :)

Actually i have a good craftsman whose does some interiors. he does a good job but can you tell be where exactly to cut? Is it bottom left where theres the pocket to keep things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amannarwal (Post 787749)
Actually i have a good craftsman whose does some interiors. he does a good job but can you tell be where exactly to cut? Is it bottom left where theres the pocket to keep things.

Thats about the place. I will try to get a pic of the same soon. :)