Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2008, 22:41   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Your subwoofer amplifier is running of the Rear preouts. Hence the subwoofer is playing 80Hz and above.

Switch the RCA to the Low output of the HU and it will be fine.
JB, 9887 has Three pre-out,top one is for rear,middle on for front and last for sub.I checked the RCA at HU end and RCAs are connected as required.
SUB is connected to sub out that is the last pair.
I think HU might be doing the bad bad thing . or still there is something that can be checked and tested.
Help PLz.
Is it harmfull for sub somehow to play those frequencies?should i disconnect the sub for time being if required!
Old 14th April 2008, 23:10   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
JB, 9887 has Three pre-out,top one is for rear,middle on for front and last for sub.
you wont damage your sub.

try this...
fade your sub and see if the sub level changes. if it does your connections are correct if not there is something amiss. or you can even try turning the sub onn and off and if it does then your connections are fine also since you are using external amps turn IC power off and set your HU for F/R + sub and not 3 way.
Old 14th April 2008, 23:41   #18
BHPian

Navin JI,
HU is set to F/R+Sub mode, i just checked it.Sub is fading and can be switched on n off,even when sub is faded to zero vocals can be heared.When sub is off then everything is fine.
Old 14th April 2008, 23:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
when you met Gill and Auditioned his setup. Looks like you guys hardly met for 5 minutes or so. Out station travelling means a pretty hectic schedule, I'm sure.
Hmm we were together for approx 2-3 hrs minimum. Hmm what say Gill Phaji
Old 14th April 2008, 23:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Navin JI,
HU is set to F/R+Sub mode, i just checked it.Sub is fading and can be switched on n off,even when sub is faded to zero vocals can be heared.When sub is off then everything is fine.
I think the problem is with the amp setting. Info coming up in few mins..

Just asking what are the stereo-mono switches positions are ? Try changing them and check.

Also do one thing remove only the front channel RCA from the amp and see that the vocals are coming from the sub.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 14th April 2008 at 23:59.
Old 14th April 2008, 23:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Ooh sure and loved the coffee too.

@LBM N Rajat, let's focuss on issue on hand and try to resolve it.This thing will not do any good.

Cheers!
Old 15th April 2008, 10:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
let's focuss on issue on hand and try to resolve it.This thing will not do any good.
What thing? Please do let me know on PM. Thanks.
That said, I'm surprised to read this. You probably know Punjabis more than me and know it fully well then we all like to say it straight to the face instead of any dirty veiled politics.

Quote:
Do you feel the sub is playing full range try changing the RCA`s.
Quote:
What do you suggest
Quote:
I think Gill knows what I said. So I think there is no point discussing it further.
Quote:

Raghhvinder, please dont mind me saying this explicity, but I find this attitude of yours very frustrating.
I think I clearly typed in my reply that I'm assuming you checked for all the obvious causes when you met. I can see no mention of you doing it, so probably means you didnt meet him for long.
If you did meet, then please be clear and straight forward in your replies and tell me if my assumption was right/ wrong.
Clearly State what all you checked AND what all you wanted to, but couldnt check. Believe me, this saves us all a lot of effort and time in finding out the solution to the problem at hand.

All we can do reading your above replies is plain guess work, which isn't helping this thread and only prolonging it.

I have personally complimented you for your setup when I met you and reading your threads, I know it that you are no noobie/mere novice at audio. So I'd trust your findings and steps in this regard and appreciate whatever efforts you have put in this.
I'm sure the seniors here in ICE section who I respect for their sheer knowledge and experience, Navin Sir, Ajay, JB would have been in a better position to comment if full details were furnished clearly.

I'm Sorry but somehow, I dont like your attitude, and I'd prefer contacting Gill via PM only, rather than point out you again.
Old 15th April 2008, 11:22   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think the problem is with the amp setting. Info coming up in few mins..

Just asking what are the stereo-mono switches positions are ?
Gill, which amps do you have?
Old 15th April 2008, 11:26   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
You probably know Punjabis more than me and know it fully well then we all like to say it straight to the face instead of any dirty veiled politics.

Raghhvinder, please dont mind me saying this explicity, but I find this attitude of yours very frustrating.

All we can do reading your above replies is plain guess work, which isn't helping this thread and only prolonging it.
Scary Skulls, there is no need to address any personal issues in a public forum.

LBM, If you have more knowledge about Gill's setup and have had the opportunity to examin it closely let us know your findings. Many of us are trying to help the best we can. I for one downloaded the 9887 pdf manual to see what settings are possible.
Old 15th April 2008, 11:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Gill, which amps do you have?
It is JBL 75.4

Four channel. I think front + sub channels are mixing up which is causing the trouble.
Old 15th April 2008, 11:30   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It is JBL 75.4

Four channel. I think front + sub channels are mixing up which is causing the trouble.
And which amp is driving the rear speakers?
Old 15th April 2008, 11:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM, If you have more knowledge about Gill's setup and have had the opportunity to examin it closely let us know your findings. Many of us are trying to help the best we can. I for one downloaded the 9887 pdf manual to see what settings are possible.

Navin Ji I have personally have heard the setup. I think the problem was not there at that time or I could not detect it as I did not played the sub alone. I think Gill Ji can confirm it.

Also he has the manual with him.
Old 15th April 2008, 11:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And which amp is driving the rear channel?
Direct from the HU which are normally switched off.
Old 15th April 2008, 11:35   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navin Ji I have personally have heard the setup. I think the problem was not there at that time or I could not detect it as I did not played the sub alone. I think Gill Ji can confirm it.

Also he has the manual with him.
I know Gill has the manual I however did not and had to download a copy just to see if there was something Gill had overlooked.

Now are there any rear speakers, and if so which amp is being used to drive them?
Old 15th April 2008, 11:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now are there any rear speakers, and if so which amp is being used to drive them?

Yes there are rear speakers and the HU in built amp is used to run them. Gill Ji normally switches off them in normal usage. But if some one is in the rear seat he switches them ON.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks