Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2008, 12:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN
Is it sold by PTC in India ? Price point ?
Details would be appreciated
Like you don't know.

Of course, Rainbow is done by PTC alongwith all the other brands that Navin just named. But it is their backbench brand since some of the other products they have at similar price points outperform them. They say that Bull Audio is very cheap and ordinary performance entry level products which is why they neither carry them, nor does the company brand it as Rainbow. It would tarnish their image.

From the horse's mouth, or.. the Bull's mouth, if you please.
Old 16th April 2008, 12:14   #17
BHPian

Abhibh would know !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Maverick keep the SUB and HU and get JBL 607C. You can get the for 5K with B/W. Or if you wanna go high there are other brands like Hertz, Infinity, Illusion, Rainbow, Bull Audio, DLS, Hifonics etc etc. I would say try Rainbow SLX 265 components. They retail at 10K and are kick bass .
We should ask 'abhibh' who sells Rainbow in India.
He has heard it installed in some car. Also Bull Audio was recommended by him. Hence, he should be in a position to offer us all the details.

Old 16th April 2008, 12:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Like you don't know
Thank you Sir !

I knew that PTC sold Rainbow; As I mentioned I had seen the products with Mr. K. D. a while back.

You made an interesting point that K.D. himself did not like Bull Audio and hence was not promoting it on grounds of 'poor quality' !!
To be truthful - if I may confess - Bull Audio reminds me of Earthquake - I do not know why ? They just looks so simmilliar. Maybe the same 'chinese' OE supplier makes both the products ?
Old 16th April 2008, 12:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Like you don't know.

Of course, Rainbow is done by PTC alongwith all the other brands that Navin just named. But it is their backbench brand since some of the other products they have at similar price points outperform them. They say that Bull Audio is very cheap and ordinary performance entry level products which is why they neither carry them, nor does the company brand it as Rainbow. It would tarnish their image.

From the horse's mouth, or.. the Bull's mouth, if you please.
I don't know where that came from but that's Bull! Hehe...

PTC has not been the Rainbow distributor since 2006. I happen to know the folks at Rainbow Germany and without going into details, lets just say whoever told you the above, wasn't exactly truthful. As far as I know, Bull Audio was never been represented in India by PTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
You made an interesting point that K.D. himself did not like Bull Audio and hence was not promoting it on grounds of 'poor quality' !!
I'm sorry but I find that difficult to digest. Have you seen the entry level Morel 6x9s? Anyone who sells that should not be talking of "poor quality".

The fact is KD/PTC bit off more (brands) than they could chew and eventually the more marketable ones, Kicker, Focal and MTX are the ones they concentrate on. Rainbow left them long ago, DLS has been known to wander and I hear Morel might be wandering off soon.

Last edited by gunbir : 16th April 2008 at 12:38.
Old 16th April 2008, 12:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
I don't know where that came from but that's Bull! Hehe...
Lol! From a spokesperson for PTC, the distributor of Rainbow. I called them up for pricing and catalogs to add to my archives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
PTC has not been the Rainbow distributor since 2006. I happen to know the folks at Rainbow Germany and without going into details, lets just say whoever told you the above, wasn't exactly truthful. As far as I know, Bull Audio was never been represented in India by PTC.
I know. I never said they represented it here. Although they do Rainbow, they aren't interested in doing a crap product like that they said, likening it to Soundstream. They said they have inquired with audio industry people they know in Europe and arrived to the conclusion that would be totally demeaning and out of their class to do Bull.
Old 16th April 2008, 12:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Although they do Rainbow, they aren't interested in doing a crap product like that they said, likening it to Soundstream. They said they have inquired with audio industry people they know in Europe and arrived to the conclusion that would be totally demeaning and out of their class to do Bull.
Seems to be very contrary to what I have heard. Most people in Europe I have spoken to (who don't represent / sell any car audio brands) said that the Bull products are very good VFM and great SQ, build quality. But I know for a fact that PTC does NOT represent Rainbow anymore so take whatever they say with a pinch of salt.

Last edited by gunbir : 16th April 2008 at 13:05.
Old 16th April 2008, 13:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Most people in Europe I have spoken to (who don't represent / sell any car audio brands) said that the Bull products are very good VFM and great SQ, build quality. But I know for a fact that PTC does NOT represent Rainbow anymore so take whatever they say with a pinch of salt.
Ohhhhhhh. Ok. Now I get it. cheers:

Call me a tubelight if you will.

Hence, can I have pricesheets and catalogs please?
Old 16th April 2008, 13:18   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I knew that PTC sold Rainbow...K.D. himself did not like Bull Audio...
Quote:
We should ask 'abhibh' ...Bull Audio was recommended by him. Hence, he should be in a position to offer us all the details.
Quote:
PTC has not been the Rainbow distributor since 2006. I happen to know the folks at Rainbow Germany...Bull Audio was never been represented in India by PTC.
Quote:
Although they do Rainbow... arrived to the conclusion that would be totally demeaning and out of their class to do Bull.
Quote:
Seems to be very contrary to what I have heard. .
Gunbir knows Rainbow Germany, B&T knows the PTC spokeperson, Bhagwan believes Abhibh might know, and everyone knows K.D but no one knows who represents Bull Audio in India - I say that is Buffalo kaka!

This is madder than a Saas-bahu serial. Scotty beam me outta here! Now!
Old 16th April 2008, 14:01   #24
BHPian

Thank God you said 'Buffalo kaka' !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
no one knows who represents Bull Audio in India - I say that is Buffalo kaka !
Thank you Navin - for your restraint;
It is much appreciated by me. True M [Moderator] quality;
If you had to use the 'other more common term' [Bull ****] there would have been a 'roit' on the forum !!!

[]This also should not be used]
Old 16th April 2008, 14:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Scotty beam Navin Ji back here are few more....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
For budget installs, Bull Audio should be a good idea.
Hoping to Audition a pair soon myself for own car :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Have you heard about the Bull audio of germany? They're manufactured by Rainbow. They've launched it's speaker lineup here in India. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Would suggest you to check them out.
Let us see what these guys have to say...
Old 16th April 2008, 14:09   #26
BHPian

LBM you are a star !!!
Are you a Lawyer by any chance ? You would make for a great 'council' !! No Jokes. Great Skills;
Old 16th April 2008, 14:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM you are a star !!!
Are you a Lawyer by any chance ? You would make for a great 'council' !! No Jokes. Great Skills;
Thanks sir but what great did I do ?
Old 16th April 2008, 14:22   #28
BHPian

happened to see BULL in australia last month.. sounded pretty decent for the money... i guess it was for 5 or 6 k for a 2 way component in aussie land.
Old 16th April 2008, 15:05   #29
Team-BHP Support

From my little info I got while discussing car audio with Vikram18, I was told Gunbir and JB are distributing Bull Audio in India and no longer represent Hertz and Audison. I could be wrong but this is what I know.
Old 16th April 2008, 16:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I say that is Buffalo kaka!
Aye, aye, sir. Bridge to Captain, stand by, activating the beam!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks