Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 18:46   #91
Senior - BHPian

Finally got an audition of a pair of bull front comps installed in a Swift. Compared with my hertz comps

-bass is great and controlled. some credit goes to the alpine HU and BBE, but still the bass this thing can put out is really nice. Mine are 5.25" , so the better bass is expected.
-high end not as refined as my hertz comps. given that they are silk tweeters, I had higher expectations from them. still competent. Sounded better than the Alpine Type E coax's he had in the rear, both highs and lows
-Price was 6.5k for a pair of 6.5" comps - I'd say a bit overpriced , but the only thing they had in that size @ emperor at that time.
-I'm aware that apparently it's available for less elsewhere. what matters to me is what price i can get it for.
Waiting for SSPL's new dieci pricing before saying if Bull is more VFM than hertz

Last edited by greenhorn : 7th January 2009 at 18:47.
Old 7th January 2009, 18:54   #92
Senior - BHPian

Which hertz Compos did you compare it to??? Energy or Hi-Energy??

Edit: Sorry Saw your garage, You have the DSK 165

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 7th January 2009 at 19:01.
Old 7th January 2009, 18:57   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

-Price was 6.5k for a pair of 6.5" comps - I'd say a bit overpriced , but the only thing they had in that size @ emperor at that time.
Are you sure 6.5K for the compo's? The MRP is 5490/-
Old 7th January 2009, 19:03   #94
Senior - BHPian

Mine are Dieci 5.25" comps
he thinks the break up was something like
Alpine HU 9845 : 8.5k
Alpine Type E 6.5" Coax 4.3k
Bull 6.5" Comps 6.5k
got an overall discount , and no bill , so not sure.

Last edited by greenhorn : 7th January 2009 at 19:05.
Old 7th January 2009, 19:14   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Mine are Dieci 5.25" comps
he thinks the break up was something like
Alpine HU 9845 : 8.5k
Alpine Type E 6.5" Coax 4.3k
Bull 6.5" Comps 6.5k
got an overall discount , and no bill , so not sure.
Are you sure no installation charges were included in the price of compo's because 6.5k is not the mrp.

Bull compo's have a very good midbass.And as for the top end try them on a Pioneer or kenwood head unit.
Old 7th January 2009, 19:32   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Are you sure no installation charges were included in the price of compo's because 6.5k is not the mrp.

Bull compo's have a very good midbass.And as for the top end try them on a Pioneer or kenwood head unit.
The prices may be wrong. Neither I nor he are sure of them.
well, the top end , we both have alpine HU's (9870 and 9845), and the tweeters were both installed in similar locations, so everything else being identical, should sound similar right? Either way, will try without BBE and see how it sounds. The owner listens to pretty much only trance, and he prefers it with BBE set to 1.
Not sure whether the crossovers were set to loud or soft either

Last edited by greenhorn : 7th January 2009 at 19:37.
Old 8th January 2009, 06:25   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
-bass is great and controlled. some credit goes to the alpine HU and BBE, but still the bass this thing can put out is really nice. Mine are 5.25" , so the better bass is expected.
-high end not as refined as my hertz comps. given that they are silk tweeters, I had higher expectations from them. still competent. Sounded better than the Alpine Type E coax's he had in the rear, both highs and lows
-I'm aware that apparently it's available for less elsewhere. what matters to me is what price i can get it for.
Waiting for SSPL's new dieci pricing before saying if Bull is more VFM than hertz
I would agree with you on most of the points. But try to listen to them with BBE off and you might find top end better.

Hertz tweet are on brighter side (not for me though) compared to bull which are laid back but do check the tweet attenuation level.

And as noidaboy it might be 5.5K for the compos and 1k for installation.
Old 8th January 2009, 10:06   #98
BANNED

Where can I get a Bull sub in bangalore?
Old 8th January 2009, 10:59   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Where can I get a Bull sub in bangalore?
Zaks, you may like to contact Gunbir/Autophile/Noidaboy/Hellspawn on the forum as they are involved in commercial activities with respect to Bull Audio, along with other brands.

They all are very helpful and am sure they would arrange a demo + delivery at bangalore.
Old 8th January 2009, 12:37   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got an audition of a pair of bull front comps installed in a Swift. Compared with my hertz comps

I found Bull Audio comps to be very very flat. To some they may appear as "laidback", but to me for the price they did nothing. No offence to anyone but to me they sounded very overpriced!

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 8th January 2009 at 12:38.
Old 8th January 2009, 20:31   #101
BHPian

Planning ICE for my new i10 (detailed report later). Thinking of Bull as option.
Compos (6.5') + Sub.
Please advise.

Cheers
MK
Old 8th January 2009, 21:06   #102
Senior - BHPian

Audition and Decide, Contact noidaboy on the forum, He can arrange a audition for you.
Old 10th January 2009, 22:40   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
I found Bull Audio comps to be very very flat. To some they may appear as "laidback", but to me for the price they did nothing. No offence to anyone but to me they sounded very overpriced!

Elito
I auditioned the Bull Audio speakers in a couple of cars , here at Driven today & found them too flat for my liking. Maybe they didn't do what I was expecting out of them, but I also auditioned a JBL GTO 608c (IIRC) & found them to be better than the Bulls but the GTO's were too bright for my liking though where as the Bulls were quiet clear at legible volume.
Old 11th January 2009, 01:39   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post

Elito
What all speakers are you comparing them to interms of pricing with B/W?
Old 11th January 2009, 02:53   #105

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
I auditioned the Bull Audio speakers in a couple of cars , here at Driven today & found them too flat for my liking. Maybe they didn't do what I was expecting out of them, but I also auditioned a JBL GTO 608c (IIRC) & found them to be better than the Bulls but the GTO's were too bright for my liking though where as the Bulls were quiet clear at legible volume.
Ummm...what do you mean by flat???

Most Viewed