Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2008, 13:02   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
It is not possible to memorize and/ or pin-point the sonic signature of each and every bit of equipment of the many cars that you have heard just by listening to them as a whole system for limited periods of time. Yes, you may judge the system as a whole to be good or bad, which is perfectly acceptable. But judgements on individual bits would be very generalized. The grade of the system does not matter. Even if you were listening to perfectly ordinary equipment, you will not be able to pass an accurate judgement on individual components as easily as you are claiming.

I think it would not be difficult to pinpoint if a HU was bright or not.. whether it would be simple set up or a very jhakaas one... thats just my opinion. Me personllay have heard it on simple and complex systems. Both the P 80 and the 9887. On no occasion did i find the 9887 bright or for that matter any Alpine unit.
Old 4th May 2008, 13:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
I think it would not be difficult to pinpoint if a HU was bright or not.. whether it would be simple set up or a very jhakaas one... thats just my opinion. Me personllay have heard it on simple and complex systems. Both the P 80 and the 9887. On no occasion did i find the 9887 bright or for that matter any Alpine unit.
Bro your answer is a very generalize statement. We know that you have very good set of ears but like Ajay Bhai said one cannot judge any component with the whole setup playing.

Like I asked before did you do any ABX test of P80 and 9887 or any pioneer or Alpine unit in a same install.

Also we are not say 9887 is bright in a wrong way it is bright when compared to pioneer P80. And no one said that all Alpine are brighter than Pioneer.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 4th May 2008 at 13:57.
Old 4th May 2008, 21:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
You have still missed my point. Please read my post again, carefully. I never debated any of the things you have stated above. I thoroughly agree that the Alpine 9887 is not so "bright" so as to be even worth discussing. My contention is more towards the process to arrive at that judgement.

If you were blindfolded and were made to listen to some random system, do you think you could guess which head unit is playing? You wouldn't be able to differentiate between an entry level Dapic head unit and an Alpine F1 head unit - guaranteed. UNLESS you knew and are thoroughly familiar due to prolonged listening with the sonic signature of the rest of the equipment being used. Every little bit - not just the equipment, even the smallest of audio settings.

Above challenge is open to you and any others who may or may claim to have magical abilities to identify sound in what I would regard "superhuman" method.
Old 4th May 2008, 23:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Above challenge is open to you and any others who may or may claim to have magical abilities to identify sound in what I would regard "superhuman" method.

Ajay Bhai what will be in reward if I win it.
Old 4th May 2008, 23:27   #50
BHPian

A ride on B&T's cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Old 5th May 2008, 00:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
A ride on B&T's cow
Hahahahahahahahahaha...is this ride going to be with the udders connected directly via straw to LBM's mouth or without??

Old 5th May 2008, 11:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Precisely double of what you're willing to give me if you don't.

P.S. Please don't request to be half beaten to death.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 5th May 2008 at 11:18.
Old 5th May 2008, 11:08   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven View Post
Navin, you take any 12k Pio and any 12k Alpine. Which do you think will be brighter?
12K Pio vs 12K Alpine, I would expect the Alpine be less bright but I have not heard either so will refuse to confrm. Yet the 12K Alpine might not configured with USB/Aux in -again I have not seen the latest Alpines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaati View Post
But i was thinking of getting a good player with USB and AuxIN
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaati View Post
Phaji party for sure but decide first which one
Do we have any other brands except sony(do not like) which has HU with USB & AuxIN for 12K
For 12K Pio will most probably be better featured than Alpine.
Old 6th May 2008, 10:46   #54
BHPian

Thanks Navin Ji will be checking on the pioneer HU

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks