Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2008, 09:53   #31
BHPian

hi greenhorn.... i know this is little too late, but i had my ICE set up done by a certain Mr. Santhosh. He is the guy who provides the planks and boxes for Car Palace, Car Park, etc. Give him a buzz @ 9447309802 if you are still interested. He installs it at his house, which is off the bye-pass at Enjikkal. His work is very good. Hs also does home theatre systems and other audio systems under the name of Sharleo. You might have noticed this brand if you have been to Coffee Beans.
Old 8th May 2008, 10:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Yup, i think I've seen him too. Drives around a ricer alto with stickers and fake air intakes right ? - seen him when i hang around thakaraparamb.
Actually i read one of your earlier posts that you weren't quite satisfied with him, that's why i gave him a miss.

Ok, i opened up the front speaker grille to have a second look ( it was installed at about 7 in the evening , so didn't see properly. The seal between the driver and the mounting location is not there. Some gaps, and then there are the holes in the panel to slot the indica's slot grille.

Planning to use the grille that came with the speakers , and some double adhesive foam tape to stick a ring around the base of the driver so that hopefully
1) some decoupling between the driver and the plastic door panel.
2) get a perfect seal around the driver
3) to close off the gaps in the door panel where the stock grille went.
Will post pics by the weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
redfire too wanted damping and I suggested Noise Kill. Maybe GreenHorn and redfire can buy in bulk and fix rattling in their Swift ,Indica . DIY
I wish. I read the tutorials for DIY damping online. No way i can take apart a door and put it together again. Speakers maybe , but the car - no way !

Last edited by greenhorn : 8th May 2008 at 10:27.
Old 8th May 2008, 10:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

was a spacer used for the front components greenie ?
Old 8th May 2008, 10:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

nope. the screw locations were a correct match, so they screwed it direct ( the stock locations are for a 5.25" driver- and mine is )
Old 8th May 2008, 11:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Yup, i think I've seen him too. Drives around a ricer alto with stickers and fake air intakes right ? - seen him when i hang around thakaraparamb.
Actually i read one of your earlier posts that you weren't quite satisfied with him, that's why i gave him a miss.
Yup.... thtz the guy....

I am pretty happy with the install.... but i screwed up the tuning! However, his suggestion to put the subwoofer on the speaker tray rather than in a box in the boot backfired. Anyways, I'll be moving back to TVM by end of this month. I was planning to go back to him to fix the whole thing.
Old 8th May 2008, 11:38   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
hi greenhorn.... i know this is little too late, but i had my ICE set up done by a certain Mr. Santhosh. He is the guy who provides the planks and boxes for Car Palace, Car Park, etc. Give him a buzz @ 9447309802 if you are still interested. He installs it at his house, which is off the bye-pass at Enjikkal. His work is very good. Hs also does home theatre systems and other audio systems under the name of Sharleo. You might have noticed this brand if you have been to Coffee Beans.
lol small world, am a very good friend of santhosh. still have my home system from sharleo tvm

ask him about a yellow zen with shavapetti aka boom box story
Old 8th May 2008, 11:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

I actually got my home system assembled by a guy called ajith. he used to have his shop- Axon i think near holy angels in general hospital jn. its not there any more though :(
I once remember seeing a TV sub at his place ( you know the type comes installed over TV's ) , and he said that they used to fit them under the seats.
I figured he wouldn't be the best guy to do a car install either . but the floorstanders he sold me were quite well made !

Last edited by greenhorn : 8th May 2008 at 11:52.
Old 8th May 2008, 23:52   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
nope. the screw locations were a correct match, so they screwed it direct ( the stock locations are for a 5.25" driver- and mine is )

will a wooden ring help isolating the drivers from the plastic panels then ? wont cost much so worth a try
Old 9th May 2008, 05:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

But I feel that will make the whole thing look uglier , the whole thing jutting out due to the spacer... let me see if i can get something thinner
Old 9th May 2008, 07:31   #40
Senior - BHPian

tired with a DIY isolation ring made out of double sided foam tape for one of the speakers....

......SUCESS!

the bass is distorting less, it sounds warmer, and the coloration of the mids has been cut down to some extent. Of course ,it looks like a DIY job- the white colour of the foam shows at the base of the grille, and with lots of bass, the panels still vibrate, but thats beyond my control :(

I guess it has made a much better seal ( otherwise , there were leaks all around )

will take pics when i do the other side !

Last edited by greenhorn : 9th May 2008 at 07:34.
Old 9th May 2008, 07:32   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
lol small world, am a very good friend of santhosh. still have my home system from sharleo tvm

ask him about a yellow zen with shavapetti aka boom box story
Haha Santhosh sharleo.He is nice.Do one thing green horn after your installation go to santhosh and tell him to re wire it.Anyway you want to do that .But he is good in doing home theater system.

Last edited by jerish666 : 9th May 2008 at 07:44.
Old 9th May 2008, 07:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the recommend jerish, but like you saw, It's been a while since i got my hands dirty with installing speakers ( the last time was while in college. Dad forbid me from doing any more DIY stuff because it was affecting my theory papers ( but Lab marks were going through the roof )

Anyway, Its fun going back to the DIY days. I would certainly not let anyone else take this fun away from me, and certainly not pay them to!
Old 9th May 2008, 09:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I feel that will make the whole thing look uglier , the whole thing jutting out due to the spacer... let me see if i can get something thinner

oh ok , not sure how indica is but palio has a speaker grill that manages to cover the spacer . anyways congrats with the diy work
Old 9th May 2008, 10:06   #44
Senior - BHPian

Woke up by 5.30am and started doing DIY by 6 and got it resolved by 7.30?
Old 9th May 2008, 10:51   #45
Senior - BHPian

by the time i reach home , its too dark.So cant work on the car then. I didnt get much sleep , and I'd already covered the base of the hertz grille with foam, and it was calling to me

TY! bottle, the slots to hold the stock grille were leaking air, and the foam sealed them too !
The pics (when i post them) should explain everything hopefully

Last edited by greenhorn : 9th May 2008 at 10:57.

Most Viewed