Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2008, 17:12   #1
BHPian

Budget 50K.ICE in my i10.

Well I have budget of around 50K and the good thing is I dont need to buy a HU. Already have pioneer 7950UB. I also have a fake sony 4 channel amp and pioneer 6x9 speakers.

What I want from my ICE
1. Thumping bass not vibrating bass.
2. Mid to be crystal clear. I should understand every word of the song dont want to miss Mid because of bass.
3. Good stereo effect in car for all passengers especially front.

How I want my install.
1. I want New 6X9 speakers in Front door.(Please suggest a Brand)
2. My pioneer 6X9 speakers in rear door.
3. Woofer in enclosure in boot. (Please Suggest a brand)
4. New amp and may be this old fake one too.(Please suggest a brand)
5. I also want to go for good damping.(Please suggest a brand)
6. Bass Knob(Please suggest a brand)
7. Neon Inside the car.(Please suggest a brand)

Now I know the doors only have place for components. but wont 6x9 be better than components? I have heard that 6X9 can be fitted on doors?

Guys I also have pioneer 306 DVC SUB with me. Let me know if i should use it or buy a new Sub.

I dont want speakers in boot as mostly I'll be driving dont want to miss the stereo effect.

Audio Gurus please Help!!cheers:
Old 9th May 2008, 17:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

1) ??? Get 6.5 inch compos
2) ??? dump it !6x9 wont fit on a door unless you are ready to cut/chop
3) sealed?
4) Fake and a good ICE?
5) lots, 10k for damping if you can and if needed.
6) what?
Old 9th May 2008, 17:31   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
1) ??? Get 6.5 inch compos
2) ??? dump it !6x9 wont fit on a door unless you are ready to cut/chop
3) sealed?
4) Fake and a good ICE?
5) lots, 10k for damping if you can and if needed.
6) what?
What Brand Compos to go for? What about difference in sound between compos and 6X9. If the difference is huge then dont mind going for Cut/Chop
I meant woofer in Box by enclosure
Well About fake amp its not a must install.
By Bass knob i meant switch tht controls Bass from woofer.
Old 9th May 2008, 17:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hes Talking about the bass tube

Components go for illusion really good.
Old 9th May 2008, 17:55   #5
BANNED

1. 6.5 inch compos in the front .
You can go for Illusion/Hertz/Image Dynamics/Jbl.
Please audition before you decide.
2. I would go for coaxials at the back. But if you really want to use the 6X9 speakers then you can install them in the tray at the back as they won't fit in doors explained previously.
3. Woofer in sealed enclosure in boot .
JBL/Ground Zero/Hertz
Again please audition before you decide.
4. Don't use the fake one and get a new 4 channel amp
jbl/kenwood/Audison
5. For damping you can go for Noisekill/Dynamat/Wurth
6. For installation go to Driven in East of Kailash .
Old 9th May 2008, 18:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

Bro as posted in your first post 6x9 can be installed in the front door but they are not recommended as the doors cannot take that load plus the vibrations created by the 6x9 are quite to make the whole door rattle.

Also the 6x9 are free air and not to be mounted in a door.

Get good 6.5 inch components they produce good bass when tuned properly. Also if you have more tunning option like TA in HU or Phase shift in amp you can get very good upfront bass.
Old 9th May 2008, 18:01   #7
BANNED

Oops forgot the wires
You could go for Audison/Stinger
Old 9th May 2008, 18:41   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Bro as posted in your first post 6x9 can be installed in the front door but they are not recommended as the doors cannot take that load plus the vibrations created by the 6x9 are quite to make the whole door rattle.

Also the 6x9 are free air and not to be mounted in a door.

Get good 6.5 inch components they produce good bass when tuned properly. Also if you have more tunning option like TA in HU or Phase shift in amp you can get very good upfront bass.
Thanks LBM for your advice. I was looking forward to you. What amp do you suggest? I already have Pioneer 7950UB. I am not only concerned about Bass I also want very good clearity in voice with good stereo effect as mentioned in my first post. Please Reply in Detail regarding the setup. I'll install word to word whatever you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
1. 6.5 inch compos in the front .
You can go for Illusion/Hertz/Image Dynamics/Jbl.
Please audition before you decide.
2. I would go for coaxials at the back. But if you really want to use the 6X9 speakers then you can install them in the tray at the back as they won't fit in doors explained previously.
3. Woofer in sealed enclosure in boot .
JBL/Ground Zero/Hertz
Again please audition before you decide.
4. Don't use the fake one and get a new 4 channel amp
jbl/kenwood/Audison
5. For damping you can go for Noisekill/Dynamat/Wurth
6. For installation go to Driven in East of Kailash .
Thanks scarlet for you advice. Do you know about any good installer in north delhi? And regarding Damping I know nothing about it. How much should a good damping cost say for Brand NoiseKill?

How is the brand Polkaudio guys for speakers?

Last edited by somebodystopme : 9th May 2008 at 18:44.
Old 9th May 2008, 19:44   #9
BANNED

If i remember correctly noise kill would cost you Rs 150/sqf.
You start by damping Front door, under carpert and boot first.
If you want to go for better damping use Dynamat but it will be expensive.
It is best to avoid polk audio speakers.
There are other brands available in same price range which are better.
Old 9th May 2008, 21:13   #10
BANNED

First of all, keep aside all what you have currently except the HU. Don't bring any of the current thingys into to your new 50K install.

Buy good component speakers for the fronts and kick the 6X9 idea out of your car. Both serve for different purposes and a 6X9 is never meant for front. A good set of components! From any brand like Hertz, Illusion, Image dynamics, Alpine, Infinity, Rainbow etc.. That's what you should look for in this budget. Let's keep around 12k for this.

Get a pair of coaxials from the same series of the front comps. Let's keep around 6k for this.

Buy a decent 4channel amp with atleast 90-100w per channel. Alpine, JBL, Bull, GZ, etc.. Let's keep 10k aside for this.

You need a good subwoofer to compliment the whole good setup. Alpine, JBL, Illusion, Hertz, Bull, GZ etc.. Pick one which suits your taste and budget. Let's keep 8k aside for this and a custom sealed box for 1k or so.

Now comes the damping, cabling and install part. You'll have to stick to some mid quality stuff due to the budget limit. For wires, try Visionik, GZ or any good quality brand.
Damping mats will have to used as the budget permits and look around for noisekill etc..
Finally, you need a good installer to do all this nicely in your car. As you are from Delhi, First name which comes to my mind is Gunbir. He is not an installer or so. But as you're a BHPian, he may get it done for you. Contact him and finalise your install if his team can do it. You may have to adjust your budget/brands according to his suggestions. Then there are other good installers in your side of the world. Get in touch with local Bhpians like Aza, iRaghava etc.. But never talk to a person named Low_bhains_makkar! He'll make you deaf as early as possible.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th May 2008 at 02:26. Reason: Last line removed on request.
Old 10th May 2008, 15:56   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
A good set of components! From any brand like Hertz, Illusion, Image dynamics, Alpine, Infinity, Rainbow etc.. That's what you should look for in this budget. Let's keep around 12k for this.
Thats Expensive. Anyway. alright

Get a pair of coaxials from the same series of the front comps. Let's keep around 6k for this.
Why not components here too? This is for rear doors I suppose?

Buy a decent 4channel amp with atleast 90-100w per channel. Alpine, JBL, Bull, GZ, etc.. Let's keep 10k aside for this.
Point taken.

You need a good subwoofer to compliment the whole good setup. Alpine, JBL, Illusion, Hertz, Bull, GZ etc.. Pick one which suits your taste and budget. Let's keep 8k aside for this and a custom sealed box for 1k or so.
I am not looking for a Sub above 12". Will 12" too cost around this price?

Now comes the damping, cabling and install part. You'll have to stick to some mid quality stuff due to the budget limit. For wires, try Visionik, GZ or any good quality brand.
Damping mats will have to used as the budget permits and look around for noisekill etc..

But never talk to a person named Low_bhains_makkar! He'll make you deaf as early as possible.
HA HA. Point taken.
God the Speakers are damn expensive bro. Some how am not able to Digest it. I estimated all the speakers for 12 K. Can you please put more light on what should I ask for from vendor when I look for 12K components? I mean Power rating/RMS anything?

Last edited by somebodystopme : 10th May 2008 at 16:09.
Old 10th May 2008, 16:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
God the Speakers are damn expensive bro. Some how am not able to Digest it. I estimated all the speakers for 12 K. Can you please put more light on what should I ask for from vendor when I look for 12K components?
Not necessary. It all depends what is your requirement. One can be satisfied with sony speakers and some say that DLS Iridium is also not that good.

It all depends on what you like or not. For this audition a few before deciding. May be you will like the economical ones when compared to the expensive ones.
Old 10th May 2008, 16:06   #13
Senior - BHPian

in the end , the SQ of your setup depends on
1) quality of the speakers
2) quality of the install
3) quality of the electronics
and in that order, so you're better off getting good speakers and average electronics than average speakers and good electronics

Even among speakers , You'll be listening to the fronts mostly, so 12k for the fronts. the rears are there only for rear fill. you can get either 6x9, or in this case since you're getting a sub anyway, 6.5" coax speakers, and sound from them isn't as important.

I would also suggest you set apart a fair amount for damping.
Old 10th May 2008, 17:21   #14
BHPian

Well I never go for so much R&D usually. But after a lot of exp. I dont trust Installers they sell anything and everything. Recently My poor dad went to a good installer in North delhi Car Kunj. He fitted two set JBL coaxials in his car for 8K. I told him specifically to for Components only. So this is the reason I want complete piece of mind regarding what my Installer is installing.

I would just go for the Best in whatever brand in my budget. Audition is tough in this delhi heat. I dont really mind spending 12K on Components If its worth it.

So Lets just First decide components for me please. Sub amp later.
I have been Visiting Sites of brands like Hertz, Illusion audio to pick my setup. These people have seperate section for components and component system. What am I looking for?
Secondly All the Brands have different Series of speakers My favorite are Hertz, Illusion, Infinity. Can You guys please suggest as in Which Series is for what Or which series is best. I have already mentioned what i want from my Speakers in first post itself. Following are the sites.

Infinity Infinity - Car Audio
Hertz HERTZ by Elettromedia - Special Car Stereo
Illusion ::* i l l u s i o n** a u d i o* ::

Thanks Team Bhp For bearing with me.

Last edited by somebodystopme : 10th May 2008 at 17:25.
Old 10th May 2008, 17:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

dont forget Image dynamics , rainbow, maybe Alpine Type R for the components. Choosing the speaker is a highly personal thing. It's best left to personal taste. audition the stuff you can get hands on, and decide between them

Most Viewed