Old 23rd October 2008, 23:11   #46
BHPian

umm ok then that one!
any GTO 6 inch round co-axial would do sambhai
P.S so the 628/527/528 also not here?
arre sam you red my post but no opinions on upgrade. ;-(
Old 24th October 2008, 10:30   #47
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you look at HU upgrade to start with? Kenwood or Alpine could be the choices.

Alternatively, if sound quality for rear seat passengers is important, you could look at a set of budget compos (Bull?) for the rear and a used 2 channel amp (Classifieds section?)

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 24th October 2008 at 10:32.
Old 24th October 2008, 11:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

Magma Bhaijaan,the following i would suggest:

Speaker/Components Powering

Amp:Kenwood 8401
Channel 1+2 = Illusion Audio EL62 in parallel
Channel 3+4 = Illusion Audio EL6.1 in parallel (8401 has more tweaking controls on the ch.3+4 for fine tuning)

Amp:JBL 3001 Monobloock
Bridged = Powering up the GZ MK2 subwoofer (Goes very well with this subwoofer)

Redesign and make the Subwoofer box Compact for more tighter BASS.DONE!!!
Settings i will do for you.

Ramie

Last edited by ramie2400 : 24th October 2008 at 11:23.
Old 24th October 2008, 13:46   #49
BHPian

arre ramie bhai.
you are a true bhpian ICER.-tusi mere budget ko double kar diye!

my sub box was painstakingly designed so as to fit snugly in front of my amp and to take of as little of the boot as possible.
its about 0.95 cuft. You think i need a smaller box!?how much?

also are you sure i can run the compos in parallel with a bridged amp o/P( i dont think the 8401 is a 1ohm/channel stable amp)
Also i thought such a connection would give me a nonstereo signal(i.e no soundstage)-

how much the pioneer steering remote cost?
i mthink its a useful thing to have
Old 2nd November 2008, 16:00   #50
BHPian

Hey congrats on the great Install.
I have the Illusions and the KAC8401 and love the combination, I guess your GZ should add to your experience. Great choice, have fun!!
Old 10th November 2008, 23:33   #51
BHPian

added something to my backside!

added these speakers to the stock location on the rear door.
I have been very impressed with the output achieved from these babies.
even though they run off the HU.

Also i was impressd with the quality of speaker wire provided by JBL in the box.
the copper is pure,the terminals are good and the sheath is flexible.
perfect speaker wire for running ANY speaker off the HU.
Keep it up JBL

on the other hand i cant understand why car manufacturers dont provide stock wiring in the stock speaker provisons.
its so irritating to dismantle so many panels just to get the wire through to the rear doors.
i wish manufacturers could provide stock wiring whether the customers use it or not.(at least customers running speakers off just the HU could use them)

If JBL can provide wires with speakers that cost them not more than 1000 bucks why cant cant car mfg's do the same for a 3 lac plus item!

Nway these are good speakers and i would advice them any time to be used even in the front if the customer has a small budget not enough for componenets
Attached Thumbnails
My i10 IC'ed-Illusion,GZ,Kenwood BOOM!-dscn1949.jpg  

Last edited by Magma : 10th November 2008 at 23:36.
Old 11th November 2008, 10:47   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
Also i was impressd with the quality of speaker wire provided by JBL in the box.
the copper is pure,the terminals are good and the sheath is flexible.
perfect speaker wire for running ANY speaker off the HU.
Keep it up JBL
I remember someone from JBL once mentioning that the speaker cable provided in the box is to be removed from the box and taken to the trash can immediately. It is just for name sake that they provide speaker cable in the box.

Try changing the cables to some half decent 16GA cables and hear the difference!
Old 11th November 2008, 14:23   #53
BHPian

as i said , the speakers are rear fill and running of the HU!

Note:this wire is being compared with stock wiring that is given by any speaker manufacturer in this budget/level.i have seen and experienced the pioneer/sony soundstream wires and the run of the mill 150 buck wires used for regular instals in lamignton road for unamped speakers
i personally do NOT believe that speaker wire(16gauge or 22gauge) would make any noticeble difference to the sound from entry level speakers such as these esspecially if they run just off the HU

if i told you how much i got hold of the speakers you would be impressed with the quality of speaker wire provided ( realtively speaking)

"someone from JBL" ? i would really like to know who this is?
if its SAM i will be really surprised!

Last edited by Magma : 11th November 2008 at 14:39.
Old 11th November 2008, 14:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

Magma, Alto comes with wiring for dash speakers dont know about other cars though
Old 11th November 2008, 14:52   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Firstly, congrats on being a dad and secondly, it was a nice decision of not going in for a sub as you would definetly cherish that extra space when you go out of town with your new baby.

Btw, i am also planning to buy an i10 as a second car. Hope your happy with its performance?
Old 11th November 2008, 15:19   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Firstly, congrats on being a dad and secondly, it was a nice decision of not going in for a sub as you would definetly cherish that extra space when you go out of town with your new baby.

Btw, i am also planning to buy an i10 as a second car. Hope your happy with its performance?
AFAIK, Magma DID get a sub. Check his earlier posts.

@magma - Rather than the shroud of mystery, please share the cost of the speakers!
Old 11th November 2008, 15:29   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
AFAIK, Magma DID get a sub. Check his earlier posts.

@magma - Rather than the shroud of mystery, please share the cost of the speakers!
Thanks for correcting, i didnt go through all pages of this thread but saw only the original post.
Old 11th November 2008, 23:08   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post

this wire is being compared with stock wiring that is given by any speaker manufacturer in this budget/level.i have seen and experienced the pioneer/sony soundstream wires and the run of the mill 150 buck wires used for regular instals in lamignton road for unamped speakers
aah ok.. thataway.. I didn't look at it from that POV
I didn't mean to compare the cables to other stock cables. I generally meant that decent 16 gauge cables will make a difference in sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma
i personally do NOT believe that speaker wire(16gauge or 22gauge) would make any noticeble difference to the sound from entry level speakers such as these esspecially if they run just off the HU
Please don't get me wrong, I wish not to start a debate here. Just voicing my opinion.

I have found a very noticable difference in sound from basic speakers, just by changing the cables even when they're running off the Headunit especially in the mid-bass department and overall cleanliness in sound.

Many people might disagree here with me. I'm not saying that I'm right, but just what little I have experienced.

cheersss!

Last edited by shrivz : 11th November 2008 at 23:12.
Old 11th November 2008, 23:15   #59
BHPian

@mobike008

thanks for the wishes .
i love being dad.
puts a smile on my face everytime i get home for work however bad my day has been!

as for dicky space, let me explain.
as nishant rightly pointed out i did get a GZ 12 inch sub in a selaed box
i used to have two GZ ovals on a parcel tray .Though i thought that this option would allow me more dicky space its not entirely true.

think about it.Imagine a fixed parcel shelf with speakers jutting out below.this would leave hardly a foot and a half space between the parcel shelf and the rear bumper(in the i10).you would have to bend to put stuff in , furthermore you can never load tall luggage.though the entire boot looks empty i felt loading is inconvinient.

i couldnt get my childs pram into the boot!

now with a 12inch sub the parcel tray is stock, its removable as well as folds upwards to allow loading of tall luggage.
plus the sub box is entirely removable (unlike the oval speakers on a fixed parcel tray)

i would never advice ovals (for a hatch)to anyone unless the person is on a budget/does not want to use an amp

nishant
prices on PM only. since i have got these speakers from an importer directly,divulging the price is not fair to fellow tbhp retailers who rightfully would add their margins
Old 11th November 2008, 23:25   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
Please don't get me wrong, I wish not to start a debate here. Just voicing my opinion.

I have found a very noticable difference in sound from basic speakers, just by changing the cables even when they're running off the Headunit especially in the mid-bass department and overall cleanliness in sound.

Many people might disagree here with me. I'm not saying that I'm right, but just what little I have experienced.

cheersss!
arre shvriz bhai

no debate yaar.chill

speaker wire might have made difference to the sound in this case (in fact it probably will-its only that my ears arent so picky-i still like the sound from the pioneer ovals playing from another one of my cars!)

, but here dont you see? im talking about rear fill here. im already running amped illusion components in front and a GZ sub in the boot
hence i dont see the requirement of upgrading wires for these speakers that are just gonna be used for just for rear fill

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks