Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 23:54   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
but here dont you see? im talking about rear fill here. im already running amped illusion components in front and a GZ sub in the boot
hence i dont see the requirement of upgrading wires for these speakers that are just gonna be used for just for rear fill
Old 12th November 2008, 01:49   #62
BHPian

Hey Magma,

It would be great if you could post a small review about the Ground Zero Mk2 Subs...

Thanks
Old 12th November 2008, 15:02   #63
BHPian

the GZ mk2 in particular.

First of i would advice anyone buying this sub to try and feed it with at least 250rms of power( though i give it only 180rms- i wish i had more) to play it to its full potential.if 175 is all you have you should consider JBL too

if fed well ,this sub beats all other subs in its range IMO

secondly the sub plays well in sealed boxs however i have a feeling it would play better in ported.(sealed box volume try to keep at 1 to 1.2 cu/ft)

the sub plays the lows very well and it plays loud if fed with the correct amount of power

when fed with 175 rms i feel the entry level JBL sub plays quicker and tighter than the GZ but the GZ blends well with my front soundsage and on the whole plays lower and smoother(which i found more important to me)
this is where you have to decide. and that is why i re-iterate that the GZ sub will play better only if fed right.

Also note i have experienced that the GZ sub needs a bit of breaking into.
as you play it the bass gets tighter.
the first few days i found it playing over extended bass notes.(so all new buyers dont judge a brand new sub)

All in all i liked it - i bought it
Old 12th November 2008, 15:21   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
I have found a very noticable difference in sound from basic speakers, just by changing the cables even when they're running off the Headunit especially in the mid-bass department and overall cleanliness in sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
Many people might disagree here with me. I'm not saying that I'm right, but just what little I have experienced.cheersss!
I am the first one to express disagreement. Would you be able to demo this behavior? I'd be glad to stand corrected.

When my ICE was in its hay day, did you ever realize how broken my wiring from the amp to the XO's on the door was? Here's how it goes:

Illusion cables 75.4 to back to the HU to stock factory wiring into the XO mounted on the doors (that bloody door wiring socket), from the XO the mids and the tweeter get the speaker wire that came with the GZ wiring kit.

And we are talking about an amplified audio setup not something that runs off the HU. I think I will notice some difference on change of cables here. But in Magma's case I don't think there will be audible difference on change of speaker wires.
Old 12th November 2008, 16:35   #65
BHPian

Quote:
the GZ mk2 in particular.

First of i would advice anyone buying this sub to try and feed it with at least 250rms of power( though i give it only 180rms- i wish i had more) to play it to its full potential.if 175 is all you have you should consider JBL too
----
All in all i liked it - i bought it
Thanks a lot.. Well explained, So all in one its a good sub at its range if its fed with right power...
Old 12th November 2008, 22:12   #66
BHPian

kiran.. it was just my personal experience..
A friend changed cables in his alto. From regular out of the box cables to basic monster 16Gauge. The difference was indeed noticable.
Same equipment, same disc, same track.

But as I said.. I could be wrong.

Last edited by shrivz : 12th November 2008 at 22:14.
Old 13th November 2008, 01:18   #67
BHPian

the thing with cables is that i find it hard to tell the difference when an entry level setup is concerned.

people always tend to think the music sounds better with a cable upgrade( its natural they have spent money! and yes it may be true too)

However the correct way would be to wire one speaker(left or right) with stock wiring and the other one with upgraded wiring ( ofcourse do this when one is upgrading)

like MF i too was using expensive cable from AMP to crossover .then i ran that cable from the woofer input of the XO to the HU and then connectd that to the stock (company provided)cable from the HU to the woofer - i did this initially so that i didnt have to cut thru the gasket in the door cause i was scared of voiding any warranty.

However later during upgrades i cut thru the gasket nyway!

i did not find a major diff in the sound

shrivrz
you should note that there may be a possibility of the speakers being connected out of phase by mistake which was corrected during the wire upgrade.
hence the feeling of better SQ.
i have seen two lamignton road installs and one instal at a famous installer(MY CAR involved!)
where this incorrect wiring was done.

however guys, i am a layman when it comes to audio.my ears are not well honed.
hell i still love my pioneer speakers in my other car with the 100 buck wiring.
so it is very possible that wire upgrades may give better SQ as heard by a trained ear.

the above is my opinion,MF has his opinions and shvriz has his own and each may be right in their way
i respect all since im no audio guru
Old 13th November 2008, 17:22   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However the correct way would be to wire one speaker(left or right) with stock wiring and the other one with upgraded wiring ( ofcourse do this when one is upgrading)
No sir, that would be the perfectly wrong way to do it unless you are listening to some mixed mono material.
Old 13th November 2008, 19:06   #69
BHPian

^^^^ thats correct.
overlooked the stereo in the "stereo" system,
thanks for the correction

then the correct way might be to have both sets of wiring and connect each one (after the other)and audition!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks