Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2005, 15:04   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower
thats a good one...well here mine pretty old compared to urs though...
std front baleno speakers
ts6950 280 bwatts rear spkrs
1 sony 222 amp
1 sony502 z amp
pioneer 304 12" wooofer
keh p6950 head unit.
currently attached a discman wid an adapter since outta dough..
btw...wht cd changer should i gofor?????? gamerno1?????

also...i had all that stuff in my premier padmini(lol) the only addition i have made in my baleno is the 502 amp.tried installing a 305 woofer too...like the 2 rear speaker in either side of the corners and the 2 woofers in the centre,but the fitting guy said that it would affect the opening and closing of the boot hence no second woofer..whaddu guys say...can that setup be done?????
well firstly, u can get cd changers for kenwood, im not sure abt the model, but if ur shifting to any other brand, holla at me! & abt 2 subs behind a baleno, very much possible. just let me noe how u got ur subs placed. in the rear tray or in the trunk? ~peace
Old 25th February 2005, 02:33   #17
BHPian

like i told u couldnt install the second subwoofer....just got one installed...but would like to install the 2nd one too.gimme ur no mebbe u can tell me a good place to install the second sub..
Old 25th February 2005, 02:54   #18
BHPian

gamerno1@hotmail.com is my messenger ID where im usually on. & if u got that sub in ur tray, im afraid u gotto get a new tray but 2 subs & 2 speakers in a baleno tray is very much possible. the audio-based tray cost around 500 bux & is better than the stock trays. i'll be busy dis weekend (saturday my birthday & sunday mumbai auto show at MMRDA). so if u can make it to lokhandwala-andheri anytime next week, i'll help u on. will fetch more details for u later.
~peace
Old 25th February 2005, 03:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic
Can you please post the component-wise break-up? also, where did you get this done?

~Sonic
5650 - rs7350
sony 4inch - rs950
pioneer 400w 5ways - rs3450
pioneer 12-cd changer - rs 6000

installation was done by sagar automobiles (from where i got the baleno) because maruti warranty is void if anyone else touches electricals. if its a major (triple amp, double sub type) install, get it done at the dealer, and checked by the guy who sold you the stuff.

the dealer is add-on accessories, located off jc road. prices down by around 1k on the rears and almost 1k on the head and changer, as compared to anyone else...car tracks, hot tracks, etc.

the dealer is also willing to give you a personal dealer warranty on any product, including pioneer, for 1 year, at a cost of 10% extra. i chose it for the head unit, and paid rs 735. this was the clincher as no-one else is willing to back pioneer stuff.

total damages - rs18500
worth every single rupee.
Old 25th February 2005, 03:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

both the dealer, and my friend (who knows his way around car audio) say that you cannot mix pioneer HU and sony changer, and vice versa. is this true?
Old 25th February 2005, 03:57   #21
BHPian

true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
both the dealer, and my friend (who knows his way around car audio) say that you cannot mix pioneer HU and sony changer, and vice versa. is this true?
ur frnd is right. u cant mix brands while going for the changer~
Old 25th February 2005, 04:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

on the 5650, using the function key, i've routed the rear speakers as subwoofer, and set the high pass filter on. the 6990s produce enough bass to act as small subs and the fronts make the mids and trebles. can i run this setup for extended periods (not continuously, but over a long time). i got this hack off another thread in this forum. does anyone know anymore such hacks?
Old 25th February 2005, 04:10   #23
BHPian

well the things u said 'hack' r actually just hidden features, so u just gotto press some keys to get in . & theres no problem in running ur speakers the way u r. just once in 10 odd days, run ur rear speakers normally to keep ur rear tweeters & mids alive
~cheers
Old 26th February 2005, 00:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

yeah, im running in normal mode now!

any other hidden features that are as cool??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks