Team-BHP - Sound system for a baleno
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Sound system for a baleno (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/3948-sound-system-baleno.html)

hi

im looking to put a sound system in my baleno...nothing too expensive or high...just a basic 4 speaker with a cd/mp3 head unit and an audio cd changer...no amp or sub

have shortlisted the foll

head unit -pioneer 4650/sony cd 5500x or 5700

front - sony 4 inch

rear - pioneer 6990 5-way

changer - ??

im aiming to get this whole setup for 16k or less (not including installation)

can i have your opinions on the prices and/or alternative components...

cheers

viper

y the changer when u have mp3 in the units. also check out the new 4750 and 5750 series in pioneer. if u want VCD then go for JVC with a necvox screen i guess should be cheaper too.

6990 - a waste without an amp

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesal
y the changer when u have mp3 in the units. also check out the new 4750 and 5750 series in pioneer. if u want VCD then go for JVC with a necvox screen i guess should be cheaper too.

hey how much would that jvc vcd player cost.does it also play mp3 and whats the approximate price of a necvox screen.can i also use an amplifier and a sub woofer or a bass tube with the jvc vcd player??

i want the changer because they have better shock protection than the head units...head ill use only for mp3s...

i dont want a vcd or dvd player or a screen...theyre distracting!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by revtech
hey how much would that jvc vcd player cost.does it also play mp3 and whats the approximate price of a necvox screen.can i also use an amplifier and a sub woofer or a bass tube with the jvc vcd player??

vcd players start from 7000 sony comes for 8000. screen prices are from 5000 now. depends on what size u go for. yes i guess u can connect the accessories along with it, check it up. im not into video in cars only audio for me. unless i had a ps2 hehehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r
i want the changer because they have better shock protection than the head units...head ill use only for mp3s...

lol: Its exactly the other way round! In-Dash CD receivers have much better shock absorbing qualities than CD-Changers.
My advice: Go for Pioneer 5650 (now 5750) for around 8k & 6990 rear speakers. I've it & I love it.

hey...i'd also pm-ed gto...and he asked me to put it up here...so here goes (i hope you see this gto)

gto,

i've heard that you're the resident sound expert (and tht you got a vtec!), so i thought i'd ask your opinion on a sound system i'm planning to get for my baleno

head unit - pioneer 4650/5650 or sony 5500/5705 (rs 6k to 8k)

front - any 4" door speakers (1k)

rear - pioneer ts-6990s (3.2k)

total cost - around 12k

i'm also planning a cd changer...just audio, not mp3. i want a changer as i plan to use the head only for mp3, because i hear the changers have better shock protection. also, i'm not really looking for a sub or an amp.

would appreciate it if you could give me advice on costs, as well as quality/alternatives. the instal will be done by the maruti dealer, as the warranty is void if anyone else touches the electricals.

also, could you fill me in on fake pioneer stuff, and how to spot n stay away from them.

thanks a lot

viper

(used to have a 1.5. driven the vtec. envy you)

sent u a PM wid all details!
~cheers :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamerno1
sent u a PM wid all details!
~cheers :)

gamerno1, kindly forward the PM to me too. Am planning on going for a music system for my Baleno too...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
6990 - a waste without an amp

and a wire on my amp got dislodged, so the sound was tinny and pathetic

ok ppl! got my system

5650 head
6990 5way rear
sony 4inch 120w fronts
12cd pioneer changer

total damages 18k

the sound is bloody brilliant. unless you want a niteclub in your car, you dont need an additional amp or sub.

thank, gamerno1. you helped me out quite a bit with your pm. i DID get a malaysia unit!

viper

thats a good one...well here mine pretty old compared to urs though...
std front baleno speakers
ts6950 280 bwatts rear spkrs
1 sony 222 amp
1 sony502 z amp
pioneer 304 12" wooofer
keh p6950 head unit.
currently attached a discman wid an adapter since outta dough..
btw...wht cd changer should i gofor?????? gamerno1?????

also...i had all that stuff in my premier padmini(lol) the only addition i have made in my baleno is the 502 amp.tried installing a 305 woofer too...like the 2 rear speaker in either side of the corners and the 2 woofers in the centre,but the fitting guy said that it would affect the opening and closing of the boot hence no second woofer..whaddu guys say...can that setup be done?????

Quote:

ok ppl! got my system

5650 head
6990 5way rear
sony 4inch 120w fronts
12cd pioneer changer

total damages 18k

viper

Can you please post the component-wise break-up? also, where did you get this done?

~Sonic

Quote:

ok ppl! got my system

5650 head
6990 5way rear
sony 4inch 120w fronts
12cd pioneer changer

total damages 18k

the sound is bloody brilliant. unless you want a niteclub in your car, you dont need an additional amp or sub.

thank, gamerno1. you helped me out quite a bit with your pm. i DID get a malaysia unit!

viper

congrats dude, lovely setup. 5650 is the way to be !!!! also im waiting for the pics!