Team-BHP - MB Quart Components, advise
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   MB Quart Components, advise (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/39560-mb-quart-components-advise.html)

Hail all ICEmen!
Im looking for a good set of components and an amplifier too. as for the components been thinking of 6.5" MB Quarts. Heard them a couple of times and they sounded real good.
I could go in for a different brand also within the same price range, i.e. if there is a better alternative. like components from JL, infinity, etc.
The websites i've referred for these are Onlinecarstereo.Com - Wholesale Car Audio/Stereo Deals At Bargain Prices
and Car Audio Video - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers

I have these 3 MB Quart's as options, which fit my budget of a 100-120$:

MB Quart DSG 216 (6.5" components, 2-way)RMS: 50W, 120W(peak)
Frequency Response: 40-32000 Hz
Price: 100$
Description:
0.75" (19 mm) tweeters with titanium dome and neodymium magnet system in plastic housing.
Woofers with two-piece plastic chassis, red polypropylene cone with edge wound voice coils.
Discus crossovers with new and unique FleXX Mount system for limitless mounting possibilities.
Two-level tweeter output.

MB Quart ESA 216 (6.5" components, 2-way)
RMS: 50W, 100W(peak)
Frequency Response: 42-32000 Hz
Price: 77$
Description:
Two-piece 0.75" (19mm) tweeters with titanium coated dome in plastic housing.
Rugged metal basket with polypropylene cone and spider with woven tinsel lead wire.
EXP crossovers with transparent housing and solid terminals.

MB Quart FSA 216 (6.5" components, 2-way)
RMS: 50W, 100W(peak)
Frequency Response: 42-32000 Hz
Senstivity: 85dB
Price:100$
Description:
Two-piece 0.75" (19mm) tweeter with a titanium coated dome.
Rugged stamped metal chassis with a polypropylene cone.
Spider with woven tinsel leads for high power.
Formula crossover with small chasis.
Surface and flush mount tweeter enclosures.

Another Q: what amplifier should i get (4channel?)
i have GTO 937's in the back. but would the setup sound good with Quarts in the front and 937's at the back? or would i need to strip the rear 6x9's.?
don't have a sub and don't want one either.
My budget here is 150$.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue2ki (Post 827076)
Another Q: what amplifier should i get (4channel?)
i have GTO 937's in the back. but would the setup sound good with Quarts in the front and 937's at the back? or would i need to strip the rear 6x9's.?
don't have a sub and don't want one either.
My budget here is 150$.

Thanks.

Strecth the budget by another 50 bucks and get this one.

MB Quart PAB 4100 Amp: Multi-channel

I have not heard the particular MB Quart components you speak of, but it has been a while since I heard something nice from the brand.

@Bass&Trouble
the components above are rated at 50w RMS, an the amp pumps out a 100/150, would that make any difference? i really dont know jack**** about this stuff. sorry man.
was looking for an amp. coming in a little less expensive, because shipping will be another extra 25$, i think. any more suggestions for the amp?

@Sam_Kapasi - more suggestions for the components are welcome. there is a P650C 6.5" component by JBL @ 100$, what about that? any other brands i should consider as well?

and are amps. by LANZAR good?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue2ki
@Bass&Trouble
the components above are rated at 50w RMS, an the amp pumps out a 100/150, would that make any difference? i really dont know jack**** about this stuff. sorry man.
was looking for an amp. coming in a little less expensive, because shipping will be another extra 25$, i think. any more suggestions for the amp?

No worries!

Power handling and amp's rated power disparity should be fine unless you plan to run them really loud.

Some other options:

Diamond Audio D362.5 Component Speakers

Phoenix Gold TX6.0COMP Component Speakers

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue2ki
and are amps. by LANZAR good?

Dont bother with it. There are good deals on a lot of better brands on that site.

so how great is this disparity? is the output significantly less than what they claim?
i had a look at a couple of other amps. as well, tell me are they as good.
here are the links:

JBL CS60.4 - 4-Channel Full-Range Amplifier with Electronic Crossover • S/N ratio: 86 dB • RMS Power Output: 4 ohms: 60 watts x 4 / 2 ohms: 145 watts x 4 • MOSFET power supply • Preamp Outputs • Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 27 kHz - , Car Amplifiers,

Alpine MRP-F250 Amp: Multi-channel

Kenwood KAC-6404 Amp: Multi-channel

Cerwin Vega XL 300.4 Amp: Multi-channel

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 827207)
... Some other options: ...

Is product availability that scarce in Chandigarh that one has to go in for Internet buying?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 827587)
Is product availability that scarce in Chandigarh that one has to go in for Internet buying?

am going to the us this summer, so will buy stuff from there.
the components am getting here in chandigarh are JBL 607's and one by MTX.
so yes product availability is an apparent problem.

i would never order stuff from the internet to be shipped here. duties are too high. no logic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue2ki (Post 827165)
@Sam_Kapasi - more suggestions for the components are welcome. there is a P650C 6.5" component by JBL @ 100$, what about that? any other brands i should consider as well?

Hey - looking at your original list, I see you choosing between JL audio, Infinity and MBQ. I'd put MBQ last on my list. THe power series components are pretty good, especially for that price.

I have used the MB Quart - Q Line for almost 2 years.
The build quality is good.
The Sound is Average.
May I ask, why "Q" Line ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHAGWAN (Post 827803)
I have used the MB Quart - Q Line for almost 2 years.
The build quality is good.
The Sound is Average.
May I ask, why "Q" Line ?

I did not anywhere speak of their Q-line speakers. But I could tell you why MB Quart because I heard a very good MB Quart setup, that is the reason.
And I HAVE SAID in my above posts, that if there are more or better options available, suggestions are welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue2ki (Post 827703)
am going to the us this summer, so will buy stuff from there. ...

Oh, OK! Then you can audition the speakers at the nearest Best Buy before deciding which ones to buy. Choice at Best Buy is wide enough to give you an idea, and the guys are usually helpful. There may be other stores which permit you to audition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 828490)
Oh, OK! Then you can audition the speakers at the nearest Best Buy before deciding which ones to buy. Choice at Best Buy is wide enough to give you an idea, and the guys are usually helpful. There may be other stores which permit you to audition.

man best buy, fry's electronics, are expensive , they sell stuff close to the MSRP. Their stock usually has more home appliances/electronics, car audio choices are limited; but there are other places to look. Anyhow, ill be ordering off this website, it has a couple of really good deals on it.
thanks.

Deralte only said audition not buy :p

Audition at best buy; buy online :D

quick question. im planning on running 4 speakers, no sub. through a 4 channel amp.
the wiring kit i plan to use is in this link:
Phoenix Gold AKIT42 Amp Installation Kits

so do i need to get more RCA cables, or will this amp. wiring kit be sufficient? to run my 4 speakers. thanks