Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2008, 12:08   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhafeez_13666 View Post
Ok Gurus. Here are the design/decision changes so far.

Also, I went to another shop in Bangalore today (PITT shop) and he was suggesting Kicker Comps and Rear. He is ready to give for 20K Kicker KSeries.

Please suggest, Illusion is good enough for me?
If this shop is oppositte to lifestyle, near garuda mall; better avoid it. I was sold a fake soundstream amp and also Kicker 6x9 which is also likely to be a fake one. He sells lots of such stuffs it seems and also his installer boys do not undrestand music etcetra. He himself too is normally ignorant about what you expect from a ICE system.
I learnt this too late.

This forum made me aware of many things and thanks to all experts.

Congratulations on your new car !
Old 16th May 2008, 12:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
I was sold a fake soundstream amp and also Kicker 6x9 which is also likely to be a fake one.
Did you not get it with bill and warranty? That is the best way to avoid spurious material.
Old 16th May 2008, 13:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
If this shop is oppositte to lifestyle, near garuda mall; better avoid it. I was sold a fake soundstream amp and also Kicker 6x9 which is also likely to be a fake one. He sells lots of such stuffs it seems and also his installer boys do not undrestand music etcetra. He himself too is normally ignorant about what you expect from a ICE system.
I learnt this too late.

This forum made me aware of many things and thanks to all experts.

Congratulations on your new car !
Yes, Same shop. Last year in My NHC he fixed a Hertz Subwoofer and a Sony Xplod Amp. By the time I reached home the Amp buzzed out. (No sound from Sub). Went back again and he said 'Sorry, that Xplod was a faulty one" and replaced with a new one.

Thankx Shyam! You are right, we learn lot of stuff here in BHP, for instance I am getting my geniune Illusions from Bass&Trouble !!!

I saw this setup for rear speakers in a Swift I think. Can we use this same install techique for Subwoofers?? (To save space on small cars like i10)

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.
Attached Thumbnails
About to ICE (DVD) i10 - Some Doubts!-dsc00096.jpg  

About to ICE (DVD) i10 - Some Doubts!-dsc00097.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th May 2008 at 13:10.
Old 16th May 2008, 14:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

^^

Yes, get a fiberglass enclosure done for the subwoofer. No prizes for guessing who'll be the best guy to implement that in Bangalore. cheers:
Old 16th May 2008, 14:51   #20
BHPian

If I guess do I get a free install ? (I am cheap!! :-))
Old 18th May 2008, 10:26   #21
BHPian

Knowledge is Wealth!!!

Someone said "Knowledge is Wealth", I don't know who, but he was bang on the money. Maybe he could have just changed it to
"Knowledge is also Wealth loss" (If he had ever seen the Baap of all BHP's ICE Section).

If I had not heard of TBHP, I would have gone with the Free MP3 Player which the Dealer gives with 2 speakers in front and I would have paid
Rs.1500 and bought sony Xplod speakers fitted on my rear door and would have just peacefully lived.

Now Now!!! This ICE of TBHP happened and what we learn as Knowledge!!
Illusion, Infinity Kappa, Boston Acoustics, Image Dynamics, Hertz Component speakers which are brighter, cleaner and doesn't stop there. 6", 6"5, 6X9 speakers and if you want more power then Power it with amps. Doesn't stop with JBL, here comes Steg, Audison, Lightning Audio, Kicker !!! Ok, need bass?? Then sub woofers, here comes JBL foes, Kicker, Image Dynamics.... Try bridging the 2 channels to power the Sub.

Doesn't stop here. You must do damping/dampening!! There goes some more wealth.

Doesn't stop here. You can't use cheap wiring!! There goes some more
wealth, what about the fuses?? MDF rings!!!

hey! Those 4 Channel Amps are no good for Subwoofers, to get maximum
result you must use MonoBlocks!!!

Doesn't stop here too, You must go to Anwar to get this fixed!!!!!

HHehehehehheheeee!! But what the heck, with all this Knowledge, your
humble soul your baby Car, suddenly comes of Age and kicks some royal

Suddenly you hear another 15 instruments which Rahman uses in his song, a Harmonic piece of Kirk Hammett and the flange or the vibrato of
Joe Sat, the bridge pull of Steve Vai and Shivamani's percussion, Naveen's twin flute and the hidden cute bass of
Keith peters in Rahman's songs.

What a place TEAM-BHP is, I am totally indebted to the Guru's advice
and all what I have learned here so far. At this moment my i10 is
getting wired and waiting for Illusions to come from Mumbai,
will post the pictures in the "Show off" thread.

Thankx Thankx Thankx a lot.!!!!!

Mere paas Daulat hain, Car hain, Bungalow hain, girl friends hain, tumhara paas kya hain????
Mera pass TBHP hain, Maa and Baap of all BHP's!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks