Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2008, 12:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

New system in Scorpio Vlx, advise needed.

hey guys, i have bought a Scorpio Vlx and i am planning to upgrade my ICE, but before that, i'll tell you about my two limitations:
1) strict budget of 15,000/- (only speakers)
2) can get it fitted from the showroom only, my dad has forbidden me on getting any work done from an outside dealer since its a new car!

ok, here are the details:
1) Sony XPLOD 1000 watts subwoofer: Rs. 3500/-
2) Sony amplifier: 3500/-
3) Woofer box: 950/-
4) Rear speaker (400 W): 4000/-
5) Rear speaker Box: 950/-
6) Wiring kit: 950/-

The head unit is pretty good in the VLX, with USB port and SD card reader. so i am not changing it. also there are 2 kenwood speakers in the front door and 2 in the boot. i am not removing them. the 2 new speakers (Sony) will come under the jump seats in speaker boxes and the subwoofer will be placed in between. any suggestions??
also, the amp is a 2 channel amp (sorry, no idea about its power o/p) and they are routing it to the 2 new rear speakers and the subwoofer, is it ok? is there any chance that the woofer wont get adequate power?
so, in all, the car will have 4 kenwood speakers, 2 sony speakers (in box) and 1 subwoofer.
Old 18th May 2008, 14:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Which Mahindra showroom is this?
Old 18th May 2008, 15:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

don't go for sony speaker

they are not good at all this my personal experience and the information i gathered from the forum

and are you saying a 2 channel amp is going to power the speaker and the woffer if yes then the woffer will not get the power it need as well the speaker
Old 18th May 2008, 16:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

There is nothing to say that they will be better or worse than regular ICE dealers. The real problem is that they have very limited choice. Your dealer is offering only Sony - and there are better audio brands than that.

Perhaps what you should do is the following:
1. Audition speakers and amplifiers of some other brands: JBL, Blaupunkt, etc. Select and buy what you like wherever you are getting a good price
2. Take it to the dealership and ask those guys to fit it in the new vehicle
3. If they start making noises like "warranty will be void" and all that, ignore - they are sore at losing business, but there is no law that says so. Pay for installation if they are adamant

* Avoid additional rear speakers at the moment if you are buying only a 2 channel amp - neither the amp nor the HU will be able to take the combined load (2 rear ovals + sub, or 2 rear ovals + 2 Kenwood)

* Use the amp to power only the sub
Old 20th May 2008, 12:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Which Mahindra showroom is this?
its global gallarie in thane, mumbai.
Old 20th May 2008, 12:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

@ manikjeet: yes, the 2 channel amp will power both the woofer as well as the 2 sony speakers.
Old 20th May 2008, 12:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
There is nothing to say that they will be better or worse than regular ICE dealers. The real problem is that they have very limited choice. Your dealer is offering only Sony - and there are better audio brands than that.

Perhaps what you should do is the following:
1. Audition speakers and amplifiers of some other brands: JBL, Blaupunkt, etc. Select and buy what you like wherever you are getting a good price
2. Take it to the dealership and ask those guys to fit it in the new vehicle
3. If they start making noises like "warranty will be void" and all that, ignore - they are sore at losing business, but there is no law that says so. Pay for installation if they are adamant

* Avoid additional rear speakers at the moment if you are buying only a 2 channel amp - neither the amp nor the HU will be able to take the combined load (2 rear ovals + sub, or 2 rear ovals + 2 Kenwood)

* Use the amp to power only the sub
as i said, i have no choice but to get the speakers fitted from the showroom, as my dad wont allow me.
secondly even the installer advised me to go for 2 new sony speakers and place it in boxes. else if i just connect the woofer with the amp, only the bass would be heard and the audio from the rest of the speakers would not be heard.
so, if a 2 channel amp is not sufficient, shall i buy a four channel amp and route it with the 2 new spekes and woofer?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks