Old 3rd June 2008, 23:27   #16
BHPian

Hi! just Bumping this up; no reply as yet to post no 14
Old 4th June 2008, 10:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj'sGlory View Post
Hi! I too am buying a Aveo 1.4. My requirements are:-

1. I need a HU which either comes with a inbuilt screen or you can connect one to it. (This is for the Rear view camera.) Any suggestions?

2. Is a 3 inch screen enough for the Rear View. If not, then I need a screen with dual input (auto switch on reverse gear). Any suggestions on model any minimum screen size.

The total budget for the above ie HU with inbuilt screen OR HU + screen is ~ 12 K.

3. I'm retaining the 2 stock speakers and will need two more. Suggestions on model and config ie stock in front door with composite in rear shelf or other way ??
1. There is a JVC model (KD-AVX11 or something like that) which has a 2.7" in-built screen, for about 11-12K. Check the product manual - not sure if it has the control input that needs to be connected to the reverse gear switch (the one that is used for reversing horns) so that the video can switch from DVD source to the Rear View Camera source
2. Even a 2" screen is sufficient for you to make out the rear view
3. Yes, it is possible to have an external screen which will show the RVC output, but the combination of this screen (5K at least) with a DVD/VCD HU (9K at least) will cost you more than the JVC one
4. If DVD is not a must (well, the 2.7" screen in the JVC is OK for RVC, but too small for watching videos), there are a few kits available which come with an RVC and a replacement Rear View Mirror, which contains and LED screen that switches on when one is reversing
5. Use the stock speakers for the time being, if you are limiting the budget. Components in front (5.25" JBL / Blaupunkt / Illusion etc. - 6K, replacing the stock 5x7 oval). If the stock 5x7 is good, shift it to the parcel shelf, otherwise buy a better 5x7 coax (4K) instead
Old 5th June 2008, 15:41   #18
BHPian

@ Der Alte. Thanks for the advise.

Any more suggestions T-BHPians??
Old 2nd May 2009, 09:04   #19
BHPian

Rear Speaker Standard size !

Hi guys If you could tell me what is the rear standard speaker size that fits into the rear deck of the Aveo, they are round speakers for sure, but I want to know the size ?
Please help!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks