Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2008, 07:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Any idea what would be the cost of hi-energy HSK 165?
13800 as mentioned here
Old 31st May 2008, 10:29   #17

invinsible your more than welcome to come audition my system.
just done a few upgrades recently
front - mlk 165
rear - hsk 165
sub - illusion audio nd12i
amp - audison lrx 6.9

you can audition the hertz as well as audison and all this in a skoda itself.
so then you can decide.
Old 31st May 2008, 14:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thx brett i really appreciate your gesture thats really kind of you and thats a neat system you got there. Where are you put up in mumbai? Where did you get your stuff from and installation ? Can you PM me your details.
Old 4th June 2008, 12:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Come on guys I was expecting that guru's here would come up with great suggestions.. havn't managed to get barely few. I am sure all experts out there can take sometime out to help me out.

Wanted to know if anyone here has any idea about JL Audio 300/4 Amplifier has some impressive specs. Any idea how good they are.
Below are the spec

Specifications:
  • Rated Power (stereo): 75W RMS x 4 @ 1.5 ohm-4 ohm (11V-14.5V)
  • Rated Power (bridged): 150W RMS x 2 @ 3 ohm-8 ohm (11V-14.5V)
  • THD at Rated Power: <0.03% @ 4 ohm
  • S/N Ratio*: >108.5 dB below rated power
  • Frequency Response: 5 Hz-30 KHz (+0, -1dB)
  • Damping Factor: >200 @ 4 ohm per ch./50 Hz
  • Input Range: switchable from 200mV-2V RMS to 800mV-8V RMS Dimensions: 13.4"L x 9.25"W x 2.36"H
Features:
  • Differential-Balanced Input Topology: (2 pairs of inputs)
  • Front Crossover: fully-variable (50 Hz-5 KHz), selectable-slope LP or HP (12 or 24 dB per octave)
  • Rear Crossover: fully-variable (50 Hz-5 KHz), selectable-slope LP or HP (12 or 24 dB per octave)
  • Speaker output connections: accept up to 8ga. wire
  • +12V and Ground connections: accept up to 4ga. Wire
Also, How good are the Diamond audio 6.5" S600s components? has anyone here heard them?

I am getting the jl audio amp at a good price roughly about Rs.15K and the diamond audio comps for around Rs.10k. Wanted to know if they are really worth going for?

Thanks.
Old 4th June 2008, 15:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

@invinsible, the most prudent approach to selection is to actually listen to the equipment on offer.

If you have generally gone through the ICE threads, you will have an idea of which brands / models are VFM, and which are not. There are differences in sound signature, and, coupled with individual preferences, it becomes very difficult to believe (though it is very easy to express negatively) relatively 'how good' a model is.

At the prices you have mentioned, neither seems to be VFM. They can't be downright bad. Of course, your mention of "getting it at a good price" is compared to the list price, but even after reduction it may not be a justifiable price in the first place.
Old 4th June 2008, 16:01   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any idea what would be the cost of hi-energy HSK 165? How good are they compared to ID CX comp and Alpine SPX pro?
Can anyone give a short review on these.
I have heard the Alpine SPX Pro but I believe this might not be a natural fit for your budget.

Quote:
Come on guys I was expecting that guru's here would come up with great suggestions..

JL Audio 300/4 Amplifier has some impressive specs. [*]Rated Power (stereo): 75W RMS x 4 @ 1.5 ohm-4 ohm (11V-14.5V)[*]Rated Power (bridged): 150W RMS x 2 @ 3 ohm-8 ohm (11V-14.5V)
I am getting the jl audio amp at a good price roughly about Rs.15K and the diamond audio comps for around Rs.10k
At those prices both are very good buys. They ususally sell for much more.

Which Diamond Audio components are you getting for 10K?
Old 4th June 2008, 16:42   #22
BHPian

Why don't you pm Bass&Trouble. He can give you a demo regarding Illusions and Ground Zero. Check them out, they are a nice set to have.

Last edited by navin : 5th June 2008 at 11:16.
Old 4th June 2008, 23:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I have heard the Alpine SPX Pro but I believe this might not be a natural fit for your budget.

At those prices both are very good buys. They ususally sell for much more.

Which Diamond Audio components are you getting for 10K?
Navin its Diamond audio S600s 6.5" 4 ohm components. I read some expert reviews on net, it seems that it has a very flat response, good for vocals but the midbass is not that strong. It retails more then the double the price am getting it for.
Any idea how good they are? I cant audition them coz they aren't available here.

I also have choice of going for Rainbow SAX265 which I may get for Rs.12K or so. No Idea how good they are but Rainbow is suppose to be good brand atleast their higher range seems to be good. I don't feel SAX265 would be VFM as compared to DIamond audio S600s. Whats your pick on this ?

Also, I can source Alpine SPX pro for about Rs.18.K.

Mod's Note: Please do not use external editors. Type in directly in the editor here. If you at all need to use an external editor use Notepad.

All unnecessary bold, italics and font tags removed from the post for this once.
Old 5th June 2008, 11:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also have choice of going for Rainbow SAX265 which I may get for Rs.12K or so. No Idea how good they are but Rainbow is suppose to be good brand atleast their higher range seems to be good. I don't feel SAX265 would be VFM as compared to DIamond audio S600s. Whats your pick on this ?
The Diamond Audio component is a far superior product than the Rainbow component you mention, although it is cheaper.
Old 5th June 2008, 11:21   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navin its Diamond audio S600s 6.5" 4 ohm components. I also have choice of going for Rainbow SAX265 which I may get for Rs.12K or so. Also, I can source Alpine SPX pro for about Rs.18.K.
I have not heard the Rainbow nor the Diamond but the reviews on the net place the Diamond S series higer than the Rainbow SAX. Unfortunately Of the 3 models you mention I have only heard the Alpine.

I too got a price of 15-18K for them and i figured since your total budget was 50K spending 15-18K on just the front components (you still need to have some money left for an amp, a sub, damping and wiring) might not work.
Old 8th June 2008, 00:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

I came across with this amp called ALPHASONIK, has some great specs on their amp. Also, read few review on them which says they produce clean sound and is 2nd to Zapco and Audison but at a reasonable price.
Here's the amp I came across Alphasonik PMA4150A. Below are the specs:

What you think about it ? Any one has any idea how good are the amps?
Also, I wanted to check that most of the amps have high frequency range of upto 20khz where as these have upto 50khz, does this make a lot of difference where sound reproduction is concerned from the speakers even though the speakers have frequency limited to 20khz or 25khz. Can anyone explain this ?

4-Channel Class A/B Bipolar Power Amplifier
RMS Power Rating: 150 watts x 4 chan. at 4 Ohms Stereo
RMS Power Rating: 240 watts x 4 chan. at 2 Ohms Stereo
RMS Power Rating: 460 watts x 2 chan. at 4 Ohms Mono
Bridgeable
Tiffany-style input and ouput RCA jacks
Hour meter
Remote mount digital voltmeter
Remote bass boost control
Heavy duty heat sink
High speed switching power supply
THD: 0.05%
S/N Ratio: >100dB
Frequency Response: 5Hz-50kHz
Variable Low Pass Filter: 50Hz-250Hz, 24 dB/oct
Variable High Pass Filter: 50Hz-250Hz, 24 dB/oct
Variable Subsonic Filter: Off-20Hz, 24dB/oct
Variable Bass Boost at 45Hz: 0-18dB
Variable Phase Shift: 0-180 degrees
Input Impedance: 10K ohms
4-Way Protection Circuitry: Thermal, Short Circuit, Overload, and DC Offset
On board hook-up terminals
Dimensions: 22L x 8W x 2 5/8H
Attached Thumbnails
HELP: What ICE setup for fabia elegance for Rs.50k-52.jpg  

Old 8th June 2008, 00:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

They usually retail for about 800$ but getting it for 300$ under close out sale.

Mod's Note:
1. Please use bold / italics only to highlight relevant parts of the post, not the whole post. If done on the whole post it reduces legibility, which would defeat your intention.
2. If you want to add to your post after editing time limit, post only the additional text, instead of duplicating the whole thing and adding.

Last edited by DerAlte : 8th June 2008 at 10:49.
Old 8th June 2008, 11:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

At (US)$ 300, this would be a good buy, comparable to the 12-13K of the now-defunct JBL 75.4.

If the specs were to be believed, this is a good amp. However, there is more to amps than just the specs. The 5Hz-50Khz Frequency Response has to be taken with a pinch of salt - if it were genuinely capable, they would have published a power v/s frequency graph.

The remote voltmeter is also a gimmick, unless you want to participate in SPL competitions.

The remote bass boost is useful, though, since sometimes you may want to control the sub volume if you are connecting a sub to this amp.
Old 17th June 2008, 11:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Guys, here's what I plan to get;
1. JL audio CL441 dsp

2. Rainbow ipaul 4.300 amp for front and subs.

3. Front Speakers : Hertz 165 / Rainbow SAX 265 / Diamond audio S600a / CDT Audio high defination HD-62. What's the best take for good midbass and vocals & not to sharp tweeters.

4. SUB: IDQ 10 or ID two 8 inch / Rainbow Hammer 10".

5. Rear Speakers : Was think of fitting the OE front speaker to the rear or get get coax and power it up either of them with a 2 channel JBL amp or so. What are your take on this? Any Coax suggestion ?

Also came across with this review on Pioner Premier TS-C270PRS components speakers. Some great review check it out here Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS-Review Components - Car Audio and Electronics

Beats even rainbow and Lotus Ref speakers with final points.
What do guys think about this. Is it worth picking up pioneers?

Another comp which is on my mind is Genesis profile 16. Now, i Know Genesis are good with their amps but not sure how good are the speakers.

Inputs buy anyone here who has heard the speakers, sub, amp mentioned, will be really helpful.

Thanks.
Old 19th June 2008, 10:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Over 2 days and looks like all the gurus out here ain't responding. Come on guys helps me out in decide and what are your inputs on the system I mentioned above. Whats your take ?

Thx.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks